Thursday 20 July 2023

Mooching around …


Hi everyone, yesterday was my first opportunity to craft for almost two weeks, as last week we were on holiday in Anglesey. We had a lovely time staying in an apartment in a village called Benllech on Anglesey’s northeastern coast, and managed to do quite a bit of walking and sightseeing plus meals in some fab local restaurants. An added bonus was that we travelled to Anglesey on one of the Lavinia Fairy Craft Festival Open Days… and my husband kindly agreed to take a detour so I could visit the shop on the way 😀 Two and a half hours, a couple of fab Jo Rice and Amanda Branston demos, and a spending spree later, we were on our way again and I was certainly in the holiday mood 🥰

I bought a small selection of the new stamps and some Elements inks and have already made my first card with them (to be shared later), but my first share is made with the gorgeous cat Mooch which I also bought during my visit, paired with some other Lavinia stamps and stencil I already owned to make a summery birthday card, with some elements inspired by this week’s Allsorts summer mood board. 


I cut a square of white stamping card and stamped Mooch in one corner. I added some soft pink brick stencilling using Distress Ink, then stamped honeysuckle, butterfly and bees which I coloured with Posca sparkle pens and Sakura Stardust pen on the bee wings. I grounded Mooch using a hill mask and grey Distress Oxide ink, then added some spatters with my Posca sparkle pens. Finally I stamped a sentiment onto separate card, edged with black and attached, then edged the finished piece with black marker and matted onto the card blank.

The honeysuckle, butterfly and bees are very shimmery … here’s an angled pic to show that a bit better.


Stamps: Lavinia Mooch, Honeysuckle, Mini Flutter, Bee Mini; sentiment -  Visible Image Sunflower Grunge;
Media: Posca Sparkle Pens (pink, red, orange, green); Sakura Stardust pens (yellow, clear); Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Spun Sugar); Distress Oxide ink (Hickory Smoke); Versamark Clair (Nocturne);
Tools: Lavinia stencils - Red Brick and Hill Masks

Challenges I would like to enter:

Allsorts #737 - Summer Mood Board
(I was inspired by the pink flowers and orange butterfly)

Beautiful Blossoms #7 - Anything Floral Goes
Butterfly Challenge #85 - Butterfly plus Flowers - TOP 3
Country View Challenges (July) - Four Legged Friends
Crafty Animals #74 - Use an Animal
Crazy Is Our Fame, Stencils Are Our Game (July) - Use a Stencil with option Birthdays
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Four Legged Friends
Triple B (July) - Blooms, Birds and/or Butterflies
Word Art Wednesday #605/606 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

Here are some photos of our Anglesey holiday ..

Benllech Beach
Beaumaris Castle

Menai Bridge
Plas Newydd house and gardens

Longest placename in Europe!
South Stack Lighthouse
Llanddwyn Island and beach
Caernarfon Castle
Conwy



Fab meals out!

… and a fab meal in - fresh mackerel caught by Graham’s own fair hand!
… and just to prove I was there … the magical Lavinia shop 🥰

Phew! Back to normality now … hoping to catch up with some crafting and to be back soon with some more makes with my new stash! Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

21 comments:

brenda said...

Sounds and looks like a great holiday Pauline and so pleased our Mood Board inspired you to create the pretty Honeysuckle card, thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and stamps our honeysuckle is almost in flower,love the cat and little Bees too
Carol x

Diane said...

I absolutely love your beautifully created card and your vacation pictures are fabulous too, looks like a great time was had and the food looks interesting and yummy too, thanks for sharing!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun, Beautiful Blossoms and Triple B!
Diane SF and TB Co-Owner and BB DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Dena J said...

Fantastic looking holiday, Pauline! Food, history and crafty goods :-) I love how you colored the honeysuckle and darling cat is so sweet. Thank you so much for joining the Allsorts challenge this week.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Beautiful photos Pauline and it looks like you had a wonderful holiday, even better with a visit to Lavinia....lucky you! Your card is gorgeous, I love it x

Sarah said...

That sounds like a perfect holiday! What a beautiful card, the shimmer looks amazing. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah DT

Mervi said...

Fabulous card! Lovely holiday photos, Finnish names are long but that is enourmous! And think I need to make a sandwich...
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVE the cat, it's so real! A gorgeous card with the honeysuckle Pauline. What lovely holiday photos, food looks yummy AND caught too. I'm glad you enjoyed Wales and Angelesy. I've been to Ruthin, but not Angelesy. Looks like I should?
Faith x

Linby said...

I just love how you have arranged the stamps on this one, it's a beautiful scene. Great holiday pics, I had forgotten about that tiny house!

Donna Walls said...

Your holiday looks magical, and a trip to Lavinia is extra special! I love your images and card, Thanks for inspiring us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we look forward to more of your designs soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Linby said...

Hi Pauline MCS is My Craft Studio by Stephanie Weightman. You need a PC to use it. Lynn x

Mrs A. said...

The honeysuckle is out in the butterfly garden right now and the smell at night time in just lovely. I love the scene you have created here. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

Aquarius said...

Such a pretty card - Mooch is a favourite of mine. How lucky to holiday near the Lavinia shop, looks like a magical place. Beautiful photos of the area too.

Sarn said...

A simply gorgeous card. That honeysuckle is so pretty and I love the background brickwork.

Your holiday snaps show you had a very enjoyable time. Beautiful scenery. xxx

Tracie said...

Such a cute card. Love your pictures that you shared. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.

Ana G.G. said...

Pero que bien vives ;)

Darlene said...

Oh Pauline ... absolutely awesome card design and fabulous holiday photos! Thanks for sharing and Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Beautiful Blossoms! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
BB DT
BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Pauline, and how lucky are you combining a visit to Lavinia with a lovely holiday. Enjoyed looking at the photos.
Avril xx

Ellibelle said...

You can never go wrong with a cat on a card in my opinion and this one is an absolute delight! So beautifully done! Looks like you had a fabulous time on your trip, the photos are stunning and how fun that you got to visit the Lavinia shop on the way too!

Mrs A. said...

I am so in love with Mooch! What a gorgeous card you have made. I can feel an expensive buy coming on and I want the fish too. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Fab card and holiday! Thanks for linking this up at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
XOX, Aimeslee