Friday 30 June 2023

Anemones


Hi everyone, wow it's the last day of June already and 2023 is half over … time is flying by!! Today’s card is a birthday card and is the first one I have made with one of the 2 stamps I treated myself to from Tracy Evans’ AALL & Create June release. My original intention was to buy one of the floral stamps from the May release but it sold out immediately on Create and Craft, so I ended up buying this one instead and I am very pleased with it. I also had another little try out with my new Inktense pencils .. I really love their vibrancy and would certainly like some more colours over and above the 12 I have right now!! Finally I brought into play my new set of A&C sentiments - I just love the vintage typewriter font!


I stamped my smaller flower circle, then masked it and stamped the larger flower. I coloured both with Inktense pencils, then masked both flowers and created a smoosh background with lilac Distress Oxide ink dabbed on using acetate. I added some subtle harlequin stencilling in the corners and some DOX colour to the circle, then a little background vintage script stamping in grey. The script is not an A&C stamp (it is by Lost Coast Designs) but I used Tracy’s technique of not mounting on an acrylic block but inking parts of the stamp and then stamping and “flexing” the stamp to lift it. I stamped my sentiments in Versamark, heat embossed in white then cut out and attached, then stamped a bird and a teeny heart onto separate card, coloured and fussy cut then attached. Finally I matted the finished panel onto co-ordinating card stock and added some white gel pen highlights to the flowers.

I was loving the stamps and Inktense pencils so much that I got a bit carried away, and also decorated the front and back of the envelope, and inside the card. 


I don’t normally use colour on the envelope but I understand that Inktense is permanent once dry, so fingers crossed!!


Stamps: AALL & Create #980 Anemone, #908 Quill Ends, #453 Heart Grunge, #533 Bring On the Sentiments; Lost Coast Designs ATC Misc Set 6 (background script); Visible Image Birthday Wishes (sentiment inside card);
Media: Derwent Inktense pencils; Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink ( Shaded Lilac); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Morning Mist); Versamark; detail white embossing powder; gel pen (white);
Tools: Darkroom Door stencil - Diamonds.


Challenges I would like to enter:

Allsorts #734 - Anything Goes with option Bunch of Flowers
Beautiful Blossoms #6 - Anything Floral Goes with optional Moodboard (3rd entry)
(I was inspired by the lilacy-pink colours)
Country View Challenge (June) - Vintage (4th entry)
Lost Coast Portal to Creativity #169 - Use Some Words (4th entry) 
Triple B (June) - Birds, Butterflies and/or Blooms (3rd entry)
Try It On Tuesday - Summer Blooms
Use Your Stuff #487 - Hearts - FEATURED 

I am also entering this card into Tracy Evans' FB Challenge "Heartfelt".

While I was in the swing I also made a pair of ATC’s with the smaller flower from the same stamp set.


I created a smoosh background on a snippet of white stamping card using Distress Oxides to resemble aged paper, then stamped the background script in sepia and cut the piece into 2 each 3.25” x 2.25”. I stamped the single flower on top, then stamped the single flower head and the flower circle again onto separate snippets of card, coloured with Inktense pencils then fussy cut and attached. I stamped the word “Dream” directly onto the ATC panel then added  the word “Love” cut out from washi tape. I matted each ATC onto standard ATC size black card cut from another snippet, and finished with white gel pen highlights and Posca pen spatters.

Here's a closeup of one of them.


Stamps: AALL & Create #980 Anemone, #533 Bring On the Sentiments; Lost Coast Designs ATC Misc Set 6 (background script);
Media: Derwent Inktense pencils; Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Antique Linen, Old Paper, Salvaged Patina); Versafine Clair (Nocturne); Versafine (Vintage Sepia); gel pen (white); Posca pen (white);
Other: AALL & Create washi tape #44 Around.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Ally’s Angels #71 - Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart #3 - Anything Goes (no cards)
Kraftin’ Kimmie Skrappy Challenge (June) - Anything But a Card (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes
Through the Purple Haze #205 - Buttons and/or Flowers (2nd entry)
We Love 2 Create #5 - Anything Mixed Media Goes
Word Art Wednesday #601/602 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)

Wishing everyone a happy weekend - take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

16 comments:

Gina said...

What absolutely beautiful little ATC's you have created, They positively ooze "love". Thank you for sharing them with us at Crafting From The Heart XXX

Linby said...

This is so colourful and pretty. I like the inktense pencils too.

crafty-stamper said...

Love the fabulous stamps and you have showcased them brilliantly,love the colour,script and smooshed backgrounds,all beautiful makes
Carol x

Donna Walls said...

Paulinem this is an absolutely gorgeous card and the decorated envie is an extra special treat. Thanks for sharing and supporting The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Diane said...

Absolutely gorgeous, you are very good with those pencils, I have them and haven't had them out in years, you have inspired me to do so!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms and Triple B!
Diane BB DT and TB DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Beautiful Blossoms}

Darlene said...

Beautifully done and I love all the coordinating elements! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN & Triple B challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Co-Owner
STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

More challenge fun beginning July 7th … check it out … SIMPLY CLEAN & SIMPLE

Sarn said...

Really gorgeous birthday card and pretty ATCs.
Thank you for coming to play in the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND with your ATC makes. See you on the swings later! x

Di said...

Fabulous work Pauline and I do love your snippets. Gorgeous colours there too!
Hugs
Di xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous card and the colours are so pretty Pauline, lovely background and colouring on this wonderful stamp too.
Lorraine

Kampin' Karen said...

Pauline, your cards are gorgeous and I love how you decorated the envelope. Thank you for playing at PIP.
Karen, DT

missgailly said...

Those flowers are GORGEOUS! And I love how you used them on the cards and ATCs. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - DT Gail

Haven_mom4 said...

Your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your creations with us at Use Your Stuff

crafty-stamper said...

Hi just popping back to say---Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday
Carol GDT x

Mrs.B said...

A gorgeous card Pauline, the flower looks stunning in those shades against the inky background, love the little 'extra' decorations too. Great ATCs too.
Avril xx

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW absolutely stunning Pauline, I love your set.

The card, the envelope, the ATCs ... everything looks stunning beautiful and I love the flowers.

Hugs
Anke

Aimeslee Winans said...

Very pretty cards! Thanks for linking this up at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge! XXO, Aimeslee DT