Tuesday 13 June 2023

Mystical Moonlit Meadow


Hi everyone, I recently saw a tutorial by the lovely Jo Rice, and it reminded me that I have been  rather neglecting my Lavinia stamps lately, plus the fact that I have most of the Brilliance metallic dewdrop inks Jo used and don’t play with them very often …so I thought I would CASE her card and have a go at making something similar. 

Here’s my interpretation.


I cut a 13.5cm square of black card, and blended Brilliance Moonlight White ink through a circle aperture mask with a small blending brush to create a moon … I love this effect! I then stamped various flowers and grasses using Brilliance gold, silver, copper and white inks … a partially different selection of flower stamps from Jo, and I used silver rather than platinum Brilliance ink as I don’t have the platinum, so I brightened up the scene by adding a few grasses stamped in white. I then added some stars by dotting white gel pen, blended some more white ink with a small brush to create some mist, highlighted my moon by edging with Sakura Stardust pen, and edged the panel with Brilliance copper ink. Finally I matted the finished piece onto matte gold card stock and a 7” square card blank onto which I had already stamped a birthday sentiment.  

Stamps: Lavinia Wild Summer Flower, Fairy Dandelions, Nigella Damascena, Field Grass; sentiment - Visible Image You’re a Classic;
Media: Brilliance Dewdrop pigment inks (Moonlight White, Starlite Silver, Galaxy Gold, Cosmic Copper); Versafine Clair (Nocturne); Sakura Stardust pen (clear); white gel pen. 

Challenges I would like to enter: 

Allsorts #732 - Anything Goes with option Birthdays (2nd entry)
Crafty Catz #641 - Anything Goes
Flower Challenge #81 - Use Your Favourite Flower
(I struggle to pick a favourite, but I do love dandelion clocks and cow parsley which I think looks very like the Wild Summer Flower stamp).
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Flowers (3rd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #599/600 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)

I loved the effect of the moon on this project, but wasn’t very satisfied with my Brilliance ink stamping as I found it to be less crisp, and the silver was quite faint; however it was good to try something a bit different and it has given me a few new ideas for future projects.

That’s all from me for today - take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Lovely card! Thanks for explaining your procedure....inspiring!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I think it turned out beautifully Pauline, such a different look using the black which these inks are perfect for.
Lorraine

brenda said...

Lovely in the rustic colours, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Pauline love the metallic stamps against the black background
carol x

Dena J said...

Love this look of shimmer on black, Pauline. Quite stunning. Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts.

chrissy xx said...

GORgeous! Such a Magical scene. LOve your colours.
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Crafty Catz.
GDT Chrissyxx

Sarn said...

Wow! Just WOW. What a fabulous card Pauline. I think this may be my favourite yet . . . and I have plenty of faves from your work! But this one is really magical and SO pretty xxx

Linby said...

It looks wonderful. I've always found those inks a bit squashy when you stamp with them, but yours looks very neat.

Liz said...

Fabulous design, I love the colours. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week. Good luck!
Liz xx

Cara said...

This is so pretty, I definitely approve of the dandelion and Lavinia stamps references! Thanks for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge, hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x

Haven_mom4 said...

Absolutely stunning. Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff