Thursday 15 June 2023

Art From the Heart


Hi everyone, today I would like to share the results of a little playtime I had with some recently purchased AALL & Create stamps, incorporating a couple of techniques from recent Tracy Evans snippets videos, but with no specific outcome in mind.  This design just sort of developed organically as I was going along, and isn't for any particular occasion but hopefully will be suitable to enclose some ATC's when I trade them!


I wanted to do something with my Elongated Hearts stencil, and originally wanted to try Tracy's technique of masking with the gelli plate; but that wouldn't work for me as my gel plate is 6" square and this heart is too big for that ... it needs to go onto a 7" x 5" card. Therefore I created a paper heart stencil template and mask for the largest stencil heart, and used the stencil to blend Distress Oxide to create a soft smudgy heart. I stamped some flowers through the paper template (to enable me to stamp to the edge of the stencil shape, as a mylar stencil is too thick to allow that). At that point I had a lot of white space on the card, so I filled it with two stamped heart/flower images, and coloured the flowers on each one with Distress watercolor pencil and Spectrum Noir sparkle pen. I added a little grey background stamping in the corners, then stamped my wording onto separate card, coloured with DOX, edged in black and attached. Still I couldn't leave it alone, so I added a little background splodginess with grey DOX on acetate, replacing my heart mask beforehand but still managing to get some on my sentiment - all part of the grungy effect, right?? Finally I matted the finished piece simply onto black linen card stock and a 7" x 5" card blank.

Stamps: AALL & Create #896 Forget Me Not, #304 Heartfelt, #906 Art Notes; sentiment - Indigo Blu Sarah's Choice;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Picked Raspberry, Lost Shadow, Hickory Smoke); Distress Watercolor Pencils (Picked Raspberry); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Morning Mist); Spectum Noir Sparkle pen (clear); white gel pen;
Tools: AALL & Create stencil #156 Elongated Hearts.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Crafting Happiness #143 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Creatalicious #261 - Anything Goes
DL.Art (June) - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Lost Coast Portal to Creativity #169 - Use Some Words - WINNER
Love to Craft #74 - Anything Goes
Paper Funday #54 - Anything Goes with option No Squares Allowed
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Lots of Layers
Sweet Stampin' - Pretty in Pink - TOP 3
Use Your Stuff #486 - Flowers (2nd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #599/600 - Anything Goes (4th entry)

I'm also entering this project into Tracy Evans' FB group challenge "Use a Heart".

Hope everyone is coping ok with the heatwave we are having. Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

9 comments:

Sarn said...

LOVE this pretty card. Great colouring xxx

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant card and love all the fabulous stamps
carol x

Chris said...

What a fantastic card! Beautiful stamping and stencilling, looks gorgeous in pink and black. Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin'
Chris
x

Donna Walls said...

I love the mixed media and artsy vibe of this project. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon!
Donna xx
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Laurie said...

Love your pink, black and white color scheme. Great background and great "words"! Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge.

brenda said...

Beautifully done and perfect colour palette Pauline.

B x

Linby said...

Wow! I love how vibrant this is in the limited colour palette. It's a really fab contemporary design.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - I love your creativity here - this card with the hearts is really fabulous. Thanks so very much forjoining us this time at the Creatalicious Challenge.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely colour palette Pauline and this stencil is a great size to make a beautiful focal point on your card.
Lorraine