Thursday 1 June 2023

Funky Blooms


Hi everyone, today I would like to share a couple of ATC's I made with some leftover snippets/offcuts while I was sitting at my desk for a cardmaking session.  


I had previously created a brayered background for a card using two colours of Distress Oxide ink here, and mopped up my "run off" onto a snippet of white card approx 6" square, which I then cut down to make two ATC backgrounds. I wasn't sure where these ATC's would go, but I started by adding a bit of background stamping text and circles, and then decided to add these funky Woodware flowers. I stamped them onto the ATC background, then again onto separate small snippets of lighter weight card (Neenah Solar White), coloured them with Sakura Stardust pens, then fussy cut and attached. I finished off by stamping the wording onto a teeny offcut, cutting out and attaching, then matting onto a small snippet of black card stock. I'm actually quite thrilled to say that next time I use black linen card stock it will definitely NOT be a snippet, as Hobbycraft actually had some 12" square sheets in stock last week for the first time in many months - yippee!!

Here's a closeup of ATC 1  ...


... and an angled closeup of ATC2 to show the sparkle ...


Stamps: Woodware Blooming, Additions; unbranded background circles (Amazon);
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Blueprint Sketch, Wilted Violet); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Morning Mist); Versafine (Majestic Blue); Sakura sparkle pens (purple, blue, pink, green, clear).

Challenges I would like to enter:

Allsorts #730 - Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart #2 - Anything Goes (no cards)
Dream Valley #295 - Anything Goes
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes
Snippets Playground #455 - Use Snippets
Use Your Stuff #495 - Anything Goes
We Love 2 Create Mixed Media #5 - Anything Mixed Media Goes
Word Art Wednesday #597/598 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)

Thanks very much for dropping by today.
Hugs,


11 comments:

Linby said...

These are such fun and love the colour combo.

crafty-stamper said...

Great ATCs love the colour combination,backgrounds and funky flowers
Carol x

Makira said...

Your artist trading cards are stunning! The way you incorporate colors is truly delightful. I hope you have an amazing day!
Cheers,
Makira
https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/
https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/
https://mkccreate.home.blog/

Ellibelle said...

They are both fabulous, Pauline! Such fun floral stamps and loving the sparkle! So great to see you at Allsorts challenge this week! Thanks for joining us!

Lorraine said...

These are so pretty, love the stamps and colours
Lorraine x

Carla's Cards said...

So pretty, I love to try to use what I have available to make art!
DT Crafting from the Heart

Sarn said...

Two quirky little ATCs here Pauline. Great backgrounds, stamping and colouring.
Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Once you’ve finished playing on the swings, meet me, Di and Dudley up in the Treehouse for a beverage of your choice! Hugs, Sarn xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

These are fun and fabulous Pauline, love the sparkle on them too.
Faith x

Di said...

Totally love these ATCs Pauline! My colour palette of choice for sure and SO pretty! Bet that was a fair bit of work!

Hugs

Di xx

Laurie said...

Very cute! Love the colors and your great background. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

Haven_mom4 said...

I love how shimmery your flowers are. Thanks for sharing with us at use Your Stuff