Tuesday 22 November 2022

Watch the birdie!


Hi everyone, today I have another Christmas card to show you.  This one has been inspired by a beautiful silhouette Christmas wreath card in a recent post in the Lavinia For You FB group by Elizabeth Moffatt, for which she kindly provided a number of step-by-step pictures.   

I started off by CASE-ing Elizabeth's card, though I wouldn't enter those cards into any blog challenges as that wouldn't be fair. However I then branched out a bit more by changing the wreath stamps, colours, colouring my bird instead of stamping a silhouette, and adding lots of sparkle .. so this is an "inspired by" card - and here it is.


I created a circle of sponged Distress inks on my card square, then stamped my berry wreath and branch using Versafine Clair Pinecone. I stamped my birdie several times (using a stamping platform) using various brown and red inks, then coloured his tummy and head with white Posca pen and gave him an eye with black fineliner. I coloured the berries with red Sakura Stardust pen, and stamped my stars with gold ink (in hindsight I should have heat embossed them, but there's a lesson for next time). I stamped and heat embossed my sentiment in gold, and added white snow dots with Posca pen plus a few teeny gold gems before matting everything onto dark green card stock and my card base.with hindsight the birdie is probably better as a silhouette as he isn’t really the right shape to be a robin, but no matter!!

Here is another picture to show the sparkle.


Stamps: Lavinia Berry Wreath With Mini Berries, Bird Collection, Mini Branch, Stars Mini, Stars 1 Mini; Uniko Christmas Wishes;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint); Versafine Clair (Pinecone, Tulip Red); Versafine (Vintage Sepia); Memento Dew Drop Brilliance (Galaxy Gold); Versamark; gold embossing powder; Sakura Stardust pen (red); Posca pen (white).

Challenges I would like to enter:

Crafty Catz #615 - Anything Goes with option Christmas (2nd entry) - TOP 3
Creative Knockouts #479 - Anything Goes
Daisy Chain #69 - Christmas Is Coming (3rd entry)
Dragonfly Dreams (November) - Christmas (3rd entry)
Make My Monday - Things With Wings
Sparkles #142 - Festive Things With Wings (2nd entry) - SPOTLIGHT WINNER
Try it On Tuesday - Traditional Christmas (2nd entry)
Winter Wonderland - Robin Redbreast (2nd entry) - TOP 3
Word Art Wednesday #569/570 - Anything Goes (4th entry)

For anyone who is wondering, here is a pictures of one of my CASE'd cards (this is not for any competitions) 


… and here is a pic (with permission) of Elizabeth’s original card that inspired me in the first place. 😀


Take care, and thanks for dropping by.
Hugs,

 

11 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful festive creation Pauline love how you have created the wreath and the embossed sentiment a superb make
hugs
lolo x

Sarn said...

Absolutely fabulous Lavinia stamps card. Really beautiful creation. Xxx

Rhodidodi said...

I think this is such a beautiful card. your bird is lovely and I also had a look at the silhouette card you made and it is equally beautiful. Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Catz Challenges.

Unknown said...

such a stunning card and I love how you stamped and then color in the bird! Thank you for joining us at MMM for wing challenge

Anke said...

Beautiful card Pauline, I love the bird in the wreath and the wonderful sentiment.

pearshapedcrafting said...

All of your cards are beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

Lisa said...

Two amazing wreaths and great colors for both of them.

Linby said...

So very pretty. I think my fave is the second one though, love blue.

Heather said...

Just gorgeous, Pauline, LOVE your holiday version! So amazing that it's all one layer, too, with so much sparkle and detail - genius! Love the touches of gold especially! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both are absolutely Gorgeous Pauline, the sparkle is amazing on both, and I love the colouring around the wreath too.
Faith x

Mrs.B said...

A gorgeous wreat card Pauline, so traditional with that beautiful robin.The berry spray is one of my favourite stamps at the moment,, I've used it quite a lot this year
Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril x