Sunday 27 November 2022

Divine Sparkle & Shine


Hi everyone. A few days ago I took delivery of a couple of beautiful sets of flower & foliage dies; and although I'm sure they will come in very useful for making cards, I really wanted them primarily to decorate ATC's. I've hardly made any ATC's for about a month what with the usual Christmas card rush, so I couldn't wait to have a play! I also decided to try out a new (to me) technique I have seen on various videos of applying Brushos through a stencil - and I have to say I'm very pleased with my first attempt! I have called this series “Divine Sparkle & Shine”.


I took a large snippet of white card and spritzed with water, then placed a large Lavinia stencil on top and tapped on Brushos in three colours before spritzing again. I dabbed off the excess liquid with paper towel and then carefully removed the stencil, to find I had a fab grungy background that was ideal for my ATC's! This really was so much fun I could easily become addicted! I also made a home made Mica mist with my gold Perfect Pearls and water in a miniature spray bottle, which I sprayed onto the stencilled panel to give it more of a sheen. I cut the panel into three pieces each 3.25 x 2.25" and topped each one with a die cut flower of gold glitter card. I attached 2 co-ordinating sparkly brads and a sticker sentiment to each card, then edged each one in black and attached to standard ATC size gold glitter card cut from another large snippet (I was quite thrilled to find this snippet in my box, as i didn't think I had amy more gold glitter card to matt the ATC's onto!). 

Here are closeups of each individual ATC.

ATC1

ATC2  

ATC3  

Stamps: None;
Media: Brushos (Leaf Green, Prussian  Blue, Light Brown); Perfect Pearls (gold);
Tools: Lavinia stencil - Divine; flower dies - unbranded (from Amazon);
Other: Tim Holtz Idea-ology "Small Talk" stickers.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Cards 4 Galz #186 - Use a Stencil
Crafter’s Cafe #291 - Use Dies and/or Punches (2nd entry)
Crazy Is Our Fame, Stencils Are Our Game (November) - Anything Goes With Stencils (3rd entry)
Path of Positivity #106 - Anything Positive Goes (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Not a Card (2nd entry)
Snippets Playground #442 - Anything Goes With Snippets
Sparkles #158 - Dies and/or Punches (2nd entry)
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #571/572 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)

it was brilliant to have this interlude from Christmas card making ... but I guess it is nose back to the Christmas grindstone now! Thanks so much for taking time to visit today and take care.
Hugs,

15 comments:

Diane said...

Wow, your ATC's are so beautifully creative!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

brenda said...

Another pretty trio of ATC's Pauline and sparkle helps makes the World so round and always a welcome addition.

B x

ScrappyHorses said...

Beautiful ATC's! The backgrounds are gorgeous and the sparkle is amazing! Great dies for these cards! The sentiments are perfect! So happy you shared with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Rainey's Craft Room said...

These are gorgeous! The green and gold works so well together and the stencilled background has lots of detail and interest which looks textured.
I need to get next weeks craft fair over with and then I can think about having a play and maybe getting some ATC's made.
Lorraine

Francesca said...

Simply gorgeous! Wonderful background! Thanks for playing at Through The Craftroom

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful ATCs! I love the rich background colours with those glittery die cut flowers - gorgeous 😊. Thanks so much for joining our Die Cuts and or Punches challenge at Sparkles Monthly Challenge! Hugs Jo x

Sarn said...

Fabulous Brusho stencilled backgrounds for your ATC trio. Just look at all that sparkle! Lovely flower dies

Thanks for entering homework to the Snippets Playground. We’re having the Christmas lights switched on 1st Dec! X

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Amazing work, as always Pauline. I love the quotes and the gorgeous sparkle.
Faith x

Diane Louise J said...

Hello... thanks for entering your lovely sparkly atc cards into the 'bright on dark' challenge at MAWTT. Good luck and hope you will join us again. Diane Louise (Team Leader) x

Ginny Maxam said...

Your ATCs are fabulous!! Love the colors and the glitter!!
Thank you for entering in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge. Ginny M, DT

Furrbster said...

These are fabulous!! Love the glitter,

Thanks for playing along with my bright on dark theme over at MAWTT,

Hugz Tinz

Di said...

Wow Pauline - stunning ATCs! Wonderful use of Brushos and I adore all the gold glitter. Which, you caught so perfectly on camera!

Very lovely work.

Hugs

Di xx

Lisa said...

Super gorgeous backgrounds for your ATCs and those gorgeous gold die cuts.

Suze said...

Lovely set of ATC. I like the glittery gold as the focal point of each one. Thank you for entering the Celebrate The Simple Things Challenge at Path of Positivity.

Cazro said...

Stunning. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly. Caz. DT.