Friday 18 November 2022

Snowy


Good morning everyone, today I would like to share a Christmas card I made with one of my oldest and most faithful stamps .. the adorable “Snowy” by Penny Black. I read somewhere that Snowy is Penny Black’s best ever selling stamp, and for me it’s very easy to see why .. I have owned him for at least 15 years and I still make one or two cards with him most Christmases. What is the magic formula that makes one image more adorable than another?? Who knows .. but whatever IT is, Snowy has still got IT 😍


I stamped Snowy onto a square of white card, coloured him with Promarkers and coloured his hat’s fur and pom pom with my glitter brush pen. I stencilled  a large snowflake on the other half of the square with Distress Oxide inks, then stamped my sentiment to fill the gap. I rounded all the corners with a corner punch and matted the finished piece onto co-ordinating purple glitter card. Here's the obligatory angle pic to show the sparkle.


Stamps: Penny Black Snowy (2521K); Uniko Festive Sentiments;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Wilted Violet, Shaded Lilac, Tumbled Glass); Promarkers; Memento ink (black); Versafine Clair (Medieval Blue); Spectrum Noir glitter brush pen (clear);
Tools: Crafter’s Companion stencil - Winter Sparkle.

Challenges I would like to enter:

As You Like It - Favourite Non-Traditional Christmas Colour Combo (and why) (2nd entry)
(I love to experiment with various non-trad colours as it keeps things interesting)
Daring Cardmakers - One Word Prompt: White
(snowman)
Daisy Chain #69 - Christmas Is Coming - TOP 5
I ❤️ Promarkers #523 - Anything Goes with option Add A Sentiment - TOP 3
Merry Little Christmas #47 - Anything Christmas Goes  (3rd entry)
Penny Black Saturday Challenge (November) - Anything Penny Black Goes

That’s another one for the Christmas pile, which is starting to look a bit healthier than it did until recently 😀. Take care, and thanks for visiting today.
Hugs,

13 comments:

brenda said...

Snowy in purple looks lovely Pauline. A good few years ago Shaida who owns PB told me it was their most popular stamp, every time I see him I wonder if that's still the same.

B x

Mrs.B said...

A great card Pauline, and I must admit he's always made me smile when I see him.
Avril xx

Sarn said...

Well you can see why Snowy is so popular as he’s gorgeous. Great card, love the side snowflake too. Xxx

Ellibelle said...

OMG this is absolutely beautiful and so very CUTE!! I love these beautiful shades of purple/blue and you really brought him to life with your beautiful coloring! Fun to read he's PB's best selling stamp. Doesn't surprise me one bit as my non-stamping/non papercrafting husband picked this little guy out for me many years ago and said I NEEDED Snowy in my collection!!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Snowy definitely has it. Great job stenciling the snowflake. Thanks for joining us this week at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Hope to see you again. Bonnie DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Love this, a gorgeous card Pauline.
Faith x

Darlene said...

OH WOW this is just BEAUTIFUL. Are you aware of our new STENCIL FUN challenge blog? We would love to have you come share this beauty with us ... such amazing inspiration! You can find the link under my name. Hope to see you there!

Darlene
STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Barbara Bruder said...

Oh what an adorable snowman!! love how you stenciled that snowflake on the edge. Really looks great and adds just that little something to your design. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog and best of luck with your entry.
Barbara DT Member for https://merrylittlechristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/

Furrbster said...

Such a stunning card - love the use of stencils and great colours.

Thanks for playing along over at I Love Promarkers,

Hugz Tinz

Helen said...

Beautiful card, Pauline - love your stencilled background.

Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers.

Helen x
DT

Dawn said...

A very cute card and I love the snowflake, so pretty. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

Helen said...

Beautiful card Pauline - Snowy looks fab in purple!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable! Love the sweet snowman and non traditional color combo! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge blog!