Thursday 10 November 2022

Christmas wreath and robin


Hi peeps, today I’d like to share my first Christmas wreath card of the year using a mixture if old and new stamps … there is something strangely therapeutic about stamping round in a circle!


First I blended some green Distress Oxide ink into a circle using the positive and negative of my circle mask, then stamped my fir cone branches round the circle using Versafine Clair. I added stamped holly using 1st and 2nd generation stamping, and red mini berries. I coloured the holly berries with my red Sakura Stardust pen, and highlighted the fir cones, holly leaves and berries with my clear Stardust pen… it’s another very sparkly card!!

Right now I am starting to experiment with ways to colour Lavinia silhouette stamps .. this is my first attempt using one of the new silhouette birds which looks to me like a robin. I coloured the stamp with tan, brown and red watercolour markers, then edged the robin with dark brown VFC, used a fine liner to create his eye, and highlighted his belly with a white Posca pen. It’s not perfect, but I’m going to be trying different methods over the coming weeks!!

I stamped a branch for the robin to sit on and stamped my sentiments. Finally I matted the image panel onto dark green card stock and then onto my card base, and spattered the finished piece with white Posca pen “snow”.


Stamps: Lavinia Fir Cone Branch, Mini Holly, Mini Berry, Bird Collection, Tree Branch; Uniko Festive Sentiments;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink (Bundled Sage); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Pinecone, Rainforest, Tulip Red); Marvey watercolour markers (brown, tan red); Sakura Stardust pens (red, clear); Posca pen (white).

Challenges I would like to enter:

12 Months of Christmas #94 - Anything Christmas Goes 
Craftyhazelnut’s Christmas Challenge #619 - Anything Christmas Goes with option Something Beginning With “H” (holly)
Do-All Kreatives #71 - Christmas + Animals (2nd entry)
Festive Fridays - Christmas
Krafty Chicks #637 - Christmas
Peace On Earth #27 - Anything Christmas Goes + Moodboard

Sparkles Christmas #142 - Festive Things With Wings
Winter Wonderland - Robin Redbreast

Take care, and thanks for visiting today.
Hugs,



17 comments:

Diane said...

Wow, a gorgeous card and wreath! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On earth!
Diane POE CO-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Ellibelle said...

It turned out so beautifully! Love the bird - looks perfect to me!

Sarn said...

Wow - what a lovely Christmas card. That wreath and robin stamping and colouring is great xxx

HilaryJane said...

You have created a wonderful wreath with all those stamps and I think your robin is perfect, as are your splatters. Well done and thanks for sharing it with us at we love stamping xx

brenda said...

There is indeed Pauline, wreath shapes always make me happy as well, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping November Christmas theme.

B x

Imke said...

Wow, love this wonderful wreath ! The colors are awesome and the sweet little bird is awesome.

Thanks for joining our "Winter" Challenge @ Little Red Wagon. Hope to see you back again soon.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Suze said...

Lovely card Pauline. I like the little robin sitting in the middle of the wreath. Thank you for entering the Something Beginning with H Challenge at CHNC.

Heather said...

Wow, Pauline, I love this! Such pretty images, and I love your sweet bird! Such pretty coloring, and all your snow details are so delicate and perfect! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Leanne said...

So pretty I like the details with in the stamps, such a pretty card. Thanks for playing our challenge this week at Krafty Chicks Challenge, have a great day!

Leanne Design Chick/KCC
Krafty Chicks Challenge

Linby said...

Beautifully done, it looks so pretty. Thanks also for sharing with us at We Love Stamping.

Twingomaus said...

Wow, what a beautiful card. I love it.
Thanks for joining us at the DAK Challenge.
Greetings Andrea

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another amazing card Pauline, so very beautiful.
Faith x

Wies said...

Beautiful stamped wreath with the little robin on one of the branches.
Thanks for joining our DoAl(l)Kreatives challenge.
Wies xx DT

Anke said...

Absolutely stunning, I love your beautiful wreath with the little bird.

coldwaters2 said...

Wow amazing creation Pauline the wreath and the little Robing look amazing
hugs
lolo x

Doris Klein said...

OMG.. what a pretty work! Love everything of this! Awesome!!!!

Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

Cazro said...

This is an immediate eye catcher, beautiful stamping creating the wreath. Thanks for joining in the fun at Sparkles Christmas Challenges. Caz. DT