Wednesday 23 November 2022

Bubblicious !


Hi there, today I am taking a break from Christmas cards to show you a set of ATC’s I made a little while ago, but which for some reason I haven’t blogged until now.  Back in August I saw a number of posts and tutorials about how to draw and colour bubbles … I made my first attempt when I made a good friend’s birthday card, and I enjoyed the technique so much I promptly made a set of 3 bubblicious ATC’s, using the bubbles as a background onto which I stamped some inspiring sentiments. 


I cut 3 pieces of white card each 3.25 x 2.25 inches and created the background by sponging Distress Oxide ink.  I then created my bubbles by using a home-made mask of different size circles, and blending 5 different pastel shades of Distress Oxide round each circle. I then outlined each bubble with Sakura clear Stardust pen and accented with white Posca pen. I created shiny dots on the background with silver metallic Posca pen and finished off by stamping a sentiment onto each panel in bright pink ink, then matted onto pink linen card stock. here is a close up each ATC.

ATC 1
ATC 2
ATC 3

Stamps: Crafter’s Companion Positive Thoughts (ATC's 1 & 2), Enchanted Dreams (ATC 3);
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Tumbled Glass, Squeezed Lemonade, Kitsch Flamingo, Shaded Lilac, Cracked Pistachio, Salty Ocean); Versafine Clair (Charming Pink); Sakura Stardust pen (clear); Posca pens (white, silver).

Challenges I would like to enter:

ATC’s With a Heart (November) - Anything Goes (3rd entry) - TOP 3
Classic Design Challenge #11 2022 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Dare 2B Artzy (November) - Non-Birthday (3rd entry)
Dream Valley #282 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Path of Positivity #106 - Anything Positive Goes - DT DELIGHT
QKR Stampede #456 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

This really was so much fun!! Now however it's back to the Christmas cards .... thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog today. Take care.
Hugs,
 

9 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

What a delightful set of cards, Pauline. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing creativity with us. It's always a joy to have you play along. Have a blessed Thanksgiving, a wonderfully creative week, and please join us again soon.
Karen L, DT
Word Art Wednesday

brenda said...

A very pretty colour palette for a lovely set of ATC's Pauline.

B x

Sarn said...

Very bubblicious ATCs indeed. Love the effect you’ve created. Xxx

ScrappyHorses said...

Your bubbles are amazing! Great colors and the sentiments are perfect! Very uplifting and great for our challenge! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Sandra Wright. said...

Awesome Atcs, love that you have written your method to create these little works of Art.
Thank you for playing along with us at Atcs with a Heart x

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness these bubbles are amazing! Now I want to go play with my distress oxides and make some bubble cards.

Linby said...

Bubbles are on my to do list lol! These look fabulous and I hope I can achieve results half as good.

kReN said...

I think I want to watch those videos too. kReN@afourthlife

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! They look real Pauline, your colouring is awesome.
Faith x