Saturday 26 November 2022

Allsorts Challenge #704


Good morning - the weekend is here and that means it’s time for a new challenge at  Allsorts. This week Ellie has chosen the theme and it is

*** Wings and/or Tails ***

This week we have 2 great prizes on offer:

AALL and Create A5 stamp set Follow Your Own Path


3 digi images of the winner's choice from Ruth Hamilton Design


Here's my card for this week.


This is the A5 card I made for a good friend's special birthday which was just over a week ago. She is an artist and a superb cardmaker, so I always like to make a special effort as I know she appreciates it, so of course this applied even moreso for a "milestone" birthday (no pressure then!!) 

I created my background using Distress Oxide inks, hill and circle masks, then stamped my images with various colours of Versafine Clair and a mixture of 1st/2nd generation stamping. For the little birdie I over-stamped him a couple of times with different colours using my stamping platform .. this is something I'm at early days of experimenting with at the moment.  I added sparkly highlights to the fairy wings, flowers, sun and trees using Sakura Stardust pens, and added my stamped sentiment and die cut numbers before matting onto linen card stock.

I also stamped the envelope to match but using only VFC permanent inks.


Stamps: Lavinia Josie, Celestial Tree (small), Wild Summer Flower, Wild Poppies, Gate and Fence, Bird Collection, Faerie Spells; Uniko Birthday Sentiments;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress oxide inks (Rustic Wilderness, Mowed Lawn, Bundled Sage, Tumbled Glass, Squeezed lemonade, Fossilized Amber); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Morning Mist, Charming Pink, Pinecone, Rainforest, Warm Breeze); Versafine (Vintage Sepia, Majestic Blue); Sakura Stardust pens (blue, yellow, clear);
Tools: Provocraft "Hippy Chick" number dies.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Crafter's Cafe #291 - Use Dies and/or Punches
Dream Valley #282 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Hero Arts (November) - The Great Outdoors (2nd entry)
Make My Monday - Things With Wings (2nd entry)
Seize the Birthday #252 - Anything Birthday Goes
Simon Says (Monday) - Fun With Foil
(A bit tenuous - I used metallic card for my numbers as I don’t have any foiling products)
Sparkles #158 - Dies and/or Punches
Sweet Stampin’ - Birthday
Word Art Wednesday #571/572 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

Hope you can join us this week, and I look forward to seeing your entries. Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more fab inspiration from the rest of the team. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

14 comments:

brenda said...

Wings and tails Pauline and a lovely magical scene for the weeks theme.

B x

Lisa said...

Super cute Livinia image and a terrific scene you created for her. Love the colors.

Linby said...

What a fantastic colourful scene you've created, so beautiful.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a pretty and magical fairy scene 😊. Thanks so much for joining our Die Cuts and or Punches challenge over at Sparkles Monthly Challenge! Hugs Jo x

Sarn said...

Another beautiful Lavinia scenic card. Bet your friend loved it. xxx

Ellibelle said...

One of my favorite Lavinia fairies and you created such a beautiful scene for her! I really need to up my game with these stamps and learn how to make colorful cards with them!! Absolutely loving how this one turned out!

Chris said...

Your card is enchanting Pauline, a lovely magical scene using your beautiful stamps. Thank you for joining in with our Birthdays Challenge at Sweet Stampin'
Chris
x

Mervi said...

Magical and lovely birthday card;-))m

Dawn T said...

what a delightful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin' CHallenge.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Such a fabulous stamped scene and I love that you have matched the envelope too.
Lorraine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

For an artist? She has to be thrilled to bits with this gorgeous card Pauline.
Faith x

Deborah Wheeler said...

Beautiful card Pauline - I'm sure your friend must have loved it! Thanks for joining our dies & punches theme at Sparkles Challenge
Deborah DT
www.deborahscraftyblog.com

Maria Valente said...

Wonderful! Thank you for playing at MMMChallenge.
Hugs

Michelle Lupton said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero :)