Wednesday 22 May 2024

Vintage Typewriter


Hi everyone, I mentioned in my previous post that I recently managed to get my hands on a few of the new Versafine Clair inkpads. One of the colours I got was Portobello, as I love stamping Lavinia scenes, and I thought it would give me more colour flexibility for trees, plus it is a smoky brown which I thought may work for vintage style makes. Anyhoo, when I saw it I could see straight away it is a good colour for a vintage look so that was the starting point for today’s card. 

This was one of those makes that wouldn’t seem to go right .. I actually had several attempts before I was halfway satisfied and I’m still not entirely happy with it, but I got there in the end and it’s done now!!


I cut a 5” square of white stamping card and stamped the vintage typewriter using Portobello VFC. I then made a grungy inky background by dabbing spritzed Distress Oxides onto the card with acetate, and added my sentiment stamped with Arctic VFC, and added some arty vintage background stamping in 2nd generation. I stamped the butterfly onto separate card, coloured with a Distress watercolour pencil and added some Wink of Stella for sparkle, then fussy cut out. I blended some Scorched Timber DOX round the edges and matted onto brown then aqua linen cardstock and a 6” square card blank. Finally I attached the butterfly using a vintage style pen nib for its body, then added a piece of torn washi tape to finish.

Stamps: Text{ures} by Lou Collins “Typography”; AALL & Create #906 Art Notes;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Antique Linen, Speckled Egg, Scorched Timber); Versafine Clair (Portobello, Arctic); Distress watercolour pencil (Speckled Egg); Wink of Stella;
Other: Washi tape from the Range; pen nib from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Allsorts #781 - Anything Goes - Special 15th Birthday Challenge (3rd entry)
C.R.A.F.T. #720 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Creative Crafters #76 - Anything Goes
Double Trouble #167 - 6th Year Anniversary Raffle (Birthday - Pink Ticket)
Love to Craft #80 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Mix It Up #71 - Anything Goes
We Love Stamping (May) - Vintage (2nd entry)

There is going to be a special challenge next month over at We Love Stamping to celebrate their 15th birthday, and they asking everyone to display their special badge to spread the word. Congratulations ladies on this fantastic achievement!


That’s all from me for today. After a few days of lovely weather the sun seems to have gone into hiding, so I may be doing some crafting later. Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

17 comments:

brenda said...

You've certainly captured a Vintage feel her Pauline, Lynn will be very happy more so because it has a typewriter.

Portobello was one I tied out earlier, can see it coming in very useful, so far I've not used the all but not one I don't like so far, think this new collection was well overdue.


Lovely to see you again at Allsorts 15th Birthday celebrations and also We Love Stamping, many thanks.

B x

Lorraine said...

A fabulous card Pauline, love the vintage feel
Lorraine x

crafty-stamper said...

Great Vintage card and love the Vintage typewriter.
Carol x

Gail said...

The typewriter is wonderful!
Nice vintage card!
Thanks for joining the celebration over at Allsorts this week!

Liz said...

Fabulous vintage style card, Pauline. I haven’t bought any of the new Versafine Clair ink pads yet, but I thinking a few of them may be dropping in my basket soon. 😉
Liz xx

Alyson Mayo said...

Great vintage card with the old typewriter and the butterfly. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Brenda said...

Pauline, this is such a lovely vintage feel card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CRAFT Challenge. Hope to see you again!

Pat said...

Gorgeous vintage card, love the typewriter image, thanks for sharing with us at Fab’n’Funky.

Pat xx

Melanie Hungerford said...

You should be pleased with this, it really turned out nice! Love that little washi detail, so creative. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble!

Ellibelle said...

You made a really beautiful vintage card Pauline and I love the new ink pad. You are right it works so well for a vintage look! So great to see you again at Allsorts challenge, thanks so much for joining us!

Sheryl said...

Another great card Pauline.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge again this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This card has a wonderful vintage vibe, love the typewriter stamp and gorgeous butterfly detail. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A perfect Vintage card Pauline, I love how you put this together, a great result. U;m here with 2 hats on, so will say - Thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping. Back to Winter here too brrr. x

Linby said...

As Brenda says - I am happy with the lovely typewriter on this fab vintage card. I've not ventured into the new colours but this is certainly make me feel I should!. Thanks for playing along with us at We Love Stamping.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

That's pretty close to the typewriter I started out with in school and my first electric typewriter was approx 1962 and now advanced to computer keyboard only. Love the vintage look of your card and your style of card. Thanks for sharing your fun card with us at Double Trouble. You have been an inspiration and participant since 2022 and it is because of your continued support and participation in our challenges that we are here today celebrating our 6th Anniversary Raffle. Your support means a lot to us and hope you will share your inspiration, creativity and participation for our fun challenges.

foleysfriend said...

Love the vintage feel of your card. For someone of a certain generation, it would certainly bring back memories. The background you created is so interesting and perfect for your card. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

Dagmara Gorczyńska said...

Może nie od początku szło dobrze, ale finalnie wyszło fantastycznie!

Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
~ DT Dagmara