Wednesday 15 May 2024

I Spy With My Little Eye #15


Hi everyone, the last month has absolutely flown by, it’s the third Wednesday in the month again, so it’s time for a new I Spy With My Little Eye... challenge over at Ellibelle's Corner.  Thanks so much to everyone who joined in last time … please do check over on Ellie’s blog to see if you are one of our top picks. 

Ellie has chosen the challenge theme this month, and it is

I Spy With My Little Eye 

*** Something For Boys or Men ***

I know that many of us struggle to make cards for the men in our lives, so here’s a golden opportunity to get inspired and see what you can come up with. Please do pop over to Ellie's blog to see her fab creation and link up your entries here.

Once again we have two guest designers joining us this month - Gundi and  Fiona - so please click on their names to visit their blogs and see their fabulous masculine creations. 

Here’s my card for the challenge - I decided to go for a vintage monochrome theme. Usually I tend to make vintage style cards in sepia tones, so I thought I would try something a bit different, not least because I’ve run out of cream stamping card and the brand I use (Lavinia multifarious card - I will only pay out that much for card as it is a non-standard colour) is no longer available.


I die cut a stitched square of white stamping card slightly smaller than a 6” card blank, and stamped the Visible Image vintage car in the centre. I coloured all the trims with watered down silver Posca pen paint, and the highlight areas with my clear Sakura Stardust pen. I then stencilled all around the car using Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide, and stamped a variety of Lavinia cogs in two corners. I blended Black Soot DOX round the edges of the panel and matted it onto a black border and my card blank, then added my sentiments which I stamped onto separate card, cut out and coloured with blended Lost Shadow DOX to remove the stark whiteness. Finally I applied some Glossy Accents to the car windows and headlights to add a bit of dimension.

Here is an angled pic to show the metallic shine on the wheels and bumper.


Stamps: Visible Image You’re a Classic, Lavinia Cog Set 2, Cog Set 3;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Black Soot, Hickory Smoke, Lost Shadow); Versafine Clair (Nocturne); Posca pen (silver); Sakura Stardust pen (clear); Glossy Accents;
Tools: Hunkydory Duo-Stitched Squares die; Lavinia stencil - Divine.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Alphabet Challenge - C is for Cars - SPOTLIGHT WINNER
Country View Crafts FB Challenge (May) - Make Me Smile (2nd entry)
C.R.A.F.T. #719 - Birthday
Daisy Chain #85 - Boys/Men - TOP 3
Dragonfly Dreams (May) - Use a Stencil (2nd entry) - TOP 3
Dream Valley #116 - Man or Boy
The Male Room #186 - Planes, Trains and Automobiles - HONOURABLE MENTION
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Use Die Cuts (2nd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #647/648 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)

This month the I Spy challenge will end a day earlier than usual, on Saturday June 15th at 23:59 US Central TimeThat’s because in June we will have a surprise for you, but you won’t need to wait  too long, as the next challenge will also begin earlier than usual on Monday June 17th.

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

24 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A brilliant card
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge.
Good luck Ginny DT for CRAFT Challenge Blog

Liz said...

Fabulous card Pauline, I love the layout of your design.
Liz xx

papierelle said...

Oh wow, really great card!!! Thank you for letting me be a guest designer this month. Gundi

Chris said...

A fabulous masculine card Pauline. Love the stamps, stencilling and the colours. xx

Sheryl said...

This is a brilliant masculine card, especially for someone ' a little older'.
Thank you so much for entering our birthday blog hop at CRAFT Challenge remember to add this card to each DT blog to be in with a chance of winning more prizes.
Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous masculine card,great Vintage card and love all the cogs and stencilled background.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams.
Carol DT x

Fiona said...

Love this set from Visible Image - it often features in my male cards and suits monochrome so well. Great card Pauline

Fiona said...

Me back again with my Male Room DT hat on - great card - thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room challenge

Ellibelle said...

This turned out absolutely fabulous! Love the monochromatic scheme and the cogs and stenciling bring such great interest to the card. Also loving this classic car stamp and great sentiments included with the set too!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Super masculine card Pauline, love the stencil and the shine on the wonderful car with the great cogs too. I'm here with 2 hats on so will say - Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

Sarn said...

I think it looks GREAT in monochrome. I always find monochromatic cards appealing. This is perfect for the male of the species and Ellie's challenge. xxx

Inkyfingers said...

What a great masculine card, Pauline! I love the monochrome look and the addition of the stencilling gives such depth too.
Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.
Hugs
Carol x

Taty said...

a fabulous card, the vintage style is very beautiful. Good luck and thanks for joining the CRAFT Challenge Taty x DT

brenda said...

A great masculine card Pauline and looks good in the mono colours and that card definitely has the vintage look to it, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

B x

Melanie Hungerford said...

Vintage, masculine, great color palette, and love the touch of sparkle! Wonderful card, thanks for playing along with us at the Alphabet Challenge!

EmmaT said...

Fantastic male design, love the car which is ideal for our vintage theme over at We Love Stamping - thank you for joining us. Emma

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Your background stencil is perfect for this lovely vintage car design and masculine card.
Lorraine

Mrs.B said...

Monochrome always works so well for a masculine card and this is great with the vintage car.
Avril x

HilaryJane said...

Lovely to see this vintage beauty in our we love stamping gallery. Thanks so much for joining us xx

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful masculine card with car .Thanks for sharing at The Male Room

Glittertastic said...

A very 'classic' image and design - I love it!
Thank you for sharing your card in our challenge at Dream Valley.
Sharon – Dream Valley Challenge Designer
http://glittertastic.blogspot.com/ - Stop by and see me!!!

Glittertastic said...

A very 'classic' design - I love it!
Thank you for sharing your card in our challenge at Dream Valley.
Sharon – Dream Valley Challenge Designer
http://glittertastic.blogspot.com/ - Stop by and see me!!!

Elizabeth Hart said...

A fabulous look for a classic car and very creative look of stencils. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge

cheiro urgia said...

What a wonderful masculine birthday card. I love reading about your creative process. Isn't it funny how little inconveniences force us to work our ways around what we normally do, and how a creative detour can give a wonderful result we'd never create by going "the usual way"? I like the vintage car motif in combination with the geometrical patterns in the background. The sentiment is a perfect match to the theme of your project, and I'm sure a card like this will be well received. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

Hugs, Veronika