Friday 10 May 2024

Mooch Amongst the Flowers


Hi everyone, yesterday I traded a couple of ATC’s and am now waiting for one that features Mooch the Lavinia cat, so this inspired me to have a play with my own Mooch. I also wanted to create a fancy fold card for this week’s Allsorts Challenge and to incorporate flowers for this month’s Lavinia Creative Challenge - here is the result.


I die cut a triptych card in white, and three white panels on which to create my scene. I created the background by blending Elements inks using acetate circle and hill masks (I held down  my panels on my magnetic stencil board with magnets to allow me to line everything up properly). I then stamped Mooch in Nocturne, Spring Trees in Acorn, bluebells in Paradise / Shady Lane and grass in Shady Lane (1st/2nd generation) Versafine Clair. I stamped cherry blossom from the Spring Trees set using 2 shades of pink Distress Oxide, then added Fairy Bells stamped in Shady Lane and the petals coloured with white Posca pen. 

I added a retired Lavinia sentiment which required some complex masking to fit in the available space .. I had a few problems with this and ended up with a few marks on the card, but having spent so much time on the card I did my best to disguise it with a bit of random doodling! I added a dangling heart for Mooch to look at, and finally I added a few highlights with white Posca, Sakura Stardust and Spectrum Noir sparkle pens, then matted the finished panels onto pink linen card stock and the triptych base card.

Stamps: Lavinia Mooch, Spring Trees, Bluebell, Fairy Bells, Grass, Birds, Fairy Charms, The World is Full of Beauty (retired);
Media: Lavinia Elements inks (Blue Lagoon, Olive, Sundance); Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Kitsch Flamingo, Spun Sugar); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Acorn, Shady Lane, Paradise, Charming Pink); Posca pen (white); Sakura Stardust pen (yellow); Spectrum Noir sparkle pen (clear);
Tools: Studio Light Essentials triptych dies; Lavinia acetate circle and Mini Hill masks.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Allsorts #779 - More Than One Fold
Crafty Animals #83 - Use an Animal
Day of the Month Card Club #63 - “Vappu” - Finnish Spring Festival
Festive Fridays (May) - Spring Flowers
Four Seasons (May) - Anything Goes Spring
Incy Wincy (May) - Spring and/or an Animal
Inkspirational #315 - Seasonal (Spring)
Lavinia Creative Challenge (May) - Favourite Florals (2nd entry)
Little Red Wagon #755 - Create Your Own Background
Path of Positivity #121 - Anything Goes Positive
Show Us Your Pussycats #100 - Furrything Goes
Simon Says (Monday) - Light and Airy
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Use Die Cuts
Simply Create Too #200 - Add an Animal

I see that Allsorts Challenge are celebrating their 15th birthday on May 18th so they are asking everyone to spread the word. I’m a big fan of AALL & Create so I’m sure the prizes will be awesome!! 😍


I was lucky enough to receive a Lavinia gift voucher for my birthday from a good friend, so seeing as there are some new stamps being released today plus I have my eye on some of the new VFC colours (which are as rare as hens’ teeth here in the UK right now!) I may just go have a look on their website and see what’s what over there.

Take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

15 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful triptych card,love the backgrounds and stamps especially Mooch.
Carol x

brenda said...

A summery card to match the current weather Pauline, so pretty. A Lavinia Cat called Luka just happened to fall into my basket along with a few other things!!

Thanks for sharing at Allsorts and using a lovely fold for the theme.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous triptych design, lovely scenes on each panel too. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

coldwaters2 said...

This is beautiful Pauline I love the three panels and the stamps you have used especially the pussy cat a super project
hugs
lolo x

ScrappyHorses said...

What a lovely card to bring this quote to life! Great colors, card design and scene with that cutie! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Sarn said...

A wonderful scene across the triptych card. Fab shaped card for Allsorts. Hope you found something tempting in the Lavinia store xxx

Fiona said...

sweet card Pauline, love the 3 panels, it sets off the centre image beautifully.

Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin.

Fi
x

Kathyk said...

A LOVELY make, Pauline.

Thank you so much for your visits to my blog, they're appreciated. You admired the cloud stencil I used on my "plane" card and went looking for it .. I can confirm that I bought it from Michaels, a US based big box craft store but I hope you will be just as satisfied with your MFT purchase and that you won't have to wait too long for it to arrive

Kathyk

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Gorgeous, love the stamping, your shaped card and how your design flows and the sentiment too. have a good rest of your weekend - Michelle x

Darlene said...

What fun! Love your design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Ellibelle said...

Playing a bit catch-up in blog land to see what I missed and so glad I came to check out what I missed on your blog.
Love this beautiful trifold card, so wonderful how the scene is spread out on the three panels and surely I need to add mooch to my wishlist. I have one Lavinia cat from my very first Lavinia order some years ago but I think they retired it.

Brenda said...

Pauline,I love the beautiful soft background you have created for Mooch and your triptych card. Thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Little Red Wagon Challenge this week!

Fiona said...

Oh I love this Pauline - my little black cat is very poorly at the moment with cancer so I was immediately drawn to your cat. I love those tryptych panels - are they are die cut?

Cindy Beach said...

How beautiful! Love your special fold, and sweet image!

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely triptych you created Pauline, love the top edge and the beautiful continuing spring scene within them! thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational: Seasonal! Julia xx