Saturday 18 May 2024

Delight In Nature


Hi everyone, today I would like to share the results of my first play time with some stamps that arrived yesterday from Tracy Evans’ new release, along with some of her older stamps. The design of this card CASE’s a Tracy YouTube video from earlier in the week … I was literally just finishing watching it on my iPad when my new stash dropped through the letterbox!! 

I absolutely loved this video, though as usual I did make a few changes - I don’t have Tracy’s latest background “Art” stamp so I used an older one, I changed the colour scheme as I was inspired by this month’s Stamping Sensations mood board, and I used a little Lavinia bird with the addition of a different sentiment and hearts. However the basic design concept is Tracy’s. 


I cut a piece of stamping card 6” x 4” and stamped my background and heat embossed in white. I then blended three colours of orange and green Distress Oxide over the panel, and gently wiped over with a baby wipe to re-whiten the stamping. This was a tip of Tracy’s using dampened kitchen roll … I think my baby wipe was slightly wetter, but this had the unintended but pleasing effect of slightly more smudging the background colours. 

I die cut a circle from a snippet of white stamping card and stamped it with the same background stamp which I had inked up randomly with my 3 DOX colours, then stamped the wheelbarrow and bird sitting on top. I distressed the edges with my Tim Holtz distressing tool and edged with black marker, then set aside. I stamped the focal flower onto a snippet of card, coloured with two shades of orange DOX, then added some white Posca dots and fussy cut out. I stamped the sentiment onto another snippet, cut out and edged. 

At the last minute I decided to add a couple of small hearts to the sentiment and a dangling heart in the bird’s beak, which I stamped with Summertime Versafine Clair. I assembled the card using another large snippet of black linen card stock for matting,  used some scrunched black cotton thread behind the flower, and added some grey shading to “ground” the flower, wheelbarrow and circle with a Zig pen. Finally I added some white Posca faux spatters … I never get on very well with actual spattering, and since I had an eye episode about 3 months ago I’m not supposed to do anything which involves sudden violent movement (the examples given included trampolining or bouncy castles!) , so I shouldn’t really be shaking my Posca pen in a frantic whiplash movement!! Nonetheless my faux spattering still went a bit haywire as my Pisca pen decided to deposit a couple of blots onto my work, and I had to do a little remedial work on the flower (sssh!!).

For once I actually remembered to take a photo of one of my snippets halfway through proceedings!


Stamps: Tracy Evans Boutique Designs TE13 Delight In Nature (flower), TE14 The Wonder of Nature (wheelbarrow), TE6 Branched Heart (dangling heart), TE10 Quirky Birds (small hearts); AALL & Create #909 Garden Notes, #533 Bring On the Sentiments; Lavinia Bird Collection;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimon); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Summertime); Posca pen (white).

Challenges I would like to enter:

Allsorts #781 - Anything Goes - Special 15th Birthday Challenge - TOP 15
Beautiful Blossoms #17Anything Floral Goes
Make My Monday #225 - Florals (3rd entry)
Papercraft #106Flower Power
Path of Positivity #121Anything Goes Positive (3rd entry) - TOP PICK
Snippets Playground #480Use Snippets
Stamping Sensations (May)Anything Goes with optional Spring Mood Board - TOP 3
(I was inspired by the orange flowers and the orange/green colour scheme)


Triple B (May)Birds, Butterflies and/or Blooms (2nd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #647/648Anything Goes (4th entry)

That’s all for today, but I hope to be back soon with some more makes with these new stamps by Tracy.

Hope you’re having a great weekend whatever you’re doing. Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

21 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, this is just gorgeous, Pauline! I love the layered details you have here, and what fresh fun colors! A real stunner with that embossing, too! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Dena J said...

This is quite stunning, Pauline! Such beautiful embossing and the colors are gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing your card at Allsorts and joining our birthday celebration.

Di said...

Fabulous card Pauline! The citrus colours with black work brilliantly. Great work!

Hugs
Di xx

brenda said...

Perfect colour palette to reflect our Stamping Sensations mood board Pauline and effective resist stamping, many thanks for joining us there. Also at Allsorts Birthday bash.


I could be very tempted by Tracy's wheelbarrow if it were a little larger, a shame she's gone with small sets again, A5 would be so nice as she used to.

B x

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous card Pauline, love the citrus colours with the white embossed background and that flower looks stunning. Adding the little bird in the wheelbarrow is a great addition.
Thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations. Avril xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and inky/embossed background,love the flower and spotlight technique.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Carol DT x

Uschi said...

So great! Your citrus colors really radiate a lot of fun and joy. And your embossing is just a dream. Wonderful design! So fascinating with the flower and that wheelbarrow and the bird.
Thank you for sharing your stunning card in our current Everybody Art Challenge.
Hugs Uschi

Sarn said...

You've made a gorgeous card with your new craft materials. Lovely inking and heat embossing and embellishing.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up at the picnic tables later. Too nice to be indoors! xxx

Jules said...

Stunning Pauline!
I love this very much. Really bright and beautiful.
Many thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.
Well done on your restraint on no longer buying paper pads. When we were moving hubby said "you have so much card and paper .. .. .. surely there isn't enough time left in the world to use it all!!! I am determined to prove him wrong. LOL!!!
Hope you are having a good weekend.
Love Jules xx

Sarn said...

With my GD hat on, I would like to say thanks for joining in the Birthday Celebrations at Allsorts too! xxx

ScrappyHorses said...

Great texture in the embossing! Loving the little guy on the wheelbarrow; perfect with his little added heart. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! Katrina

Donna Walls said...

Pauline, this is lovely! Thanks for linking up and sharing your lovely card with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
Donna xx
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

StampinwithAnita said...

Wonderful card and tutorial. So much to look at, yet such a cohesive look. Thanks so much for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Perfection, with lovely colour mix and details Pauline. x

Ellibelle said...

Another beautifully created card using Tracy's gorgeous stamps. Thank you so much for joining us again at Allsorts challenge!

coldwaters2 said...

Amazing creation Pauline I love the stamps you have used that background is fantastic the flower is so beautiful I love how you do the white splatters a wonderful card thank you for sharing it with us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

pinky said...

Pauline this is a work of art for sure!! Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

pinky said...

Absolutely gorgeous piece of work Pauline! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Aimeslee Winans said...

Pauline, your card is a total delight!
The thing I always hate about splattering, aside from blobs is mostly I always forget to cover what I don't want splatterd, every time, lol. Ugh!
And I also say kudos for your obvious grasp of masking order as well! I would have fussy cut the blooms before realizing my error, lol. Ugh again!
We always love to see your flowers at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
Thank you for sharing with us!
xoxo, Aimeslee DT

Helen said...

Beautifully put together, Pauline - love the background you've created.

Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.

Helen x
DT

Doris P. said...

What a beautiful image. I like the colours. Thanks for joining us at the Papercraft Challenge.