Wednesday 29 May 2024

In the Shadows


Hi everyone, I was away over the weekend, so what with that and a few other things going on I’ve had pretty much no crafting time this past week. That being the case I wanted to make something quick (very unlike me!!) so I thought I would try some one-layer card shadow stamping, as I have recently seen demonstrated by Jo Rice. 

Looking through my stash I thought the Lavinia group of Christmas trees would work well with this technique, as well as looking good on kraft card for Christmas. I made a couple of cards with different sentiments - these were about as quick as it gets for me.

Card 1
Card 2

I stamped the trees using Versafine Clair in Portobello on my stamping platform, then slightly moved the card and stamped again several times using Memento Brilliance ink in Moonlight White. I grounded the trees using a brown Zig pen and white Posca pen, then added some delicate white Posca spatters and dots for falling snow. I stamped the sentiments in the corners then added some teeny sparkly snowball and red heart gems to finish.

I also decorated the envelopes using the same technique with a different Lavinia Christmas tree.


Stamps: Lavinia Christmas Tree Group, Fir Tree 1; sentiments - Visible Image Christmas Robin, Grunge Snowflake (card 1); Uniko Christmas Wishes (card 2);
Media: Versafine Clair (Portobello); Memento Brilliance pigment ink (Moonlight White); Kuretake Zig Clean Colour watercolour pen; Posca pen (white);
Other: gems from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Card 1
12 Months of Christmas #110 - Anything Christmas Goes
Allsorts #782 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
FarmQuest Country Christmas #8 - Anything Country Christmas Goes
Rudolph Days (May) - Anything Christmas Goes - TOP 3
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes
Sparkles #176 - Clean and Simple - TOP 3
Word Art Wednesday #649/650 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)

Card 2
C.R.A.F.T. #721 - Christmas
Crafts Galore Encore #123 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Festive Fridays (May) - Christmas (2nd entry)
Krafty Chicks #717 - All Occasions
Merry Little Christmas #56 - Anything Christmas Goes
Pammie’s Inky Pinkies #2421 - Anything Goes - HONOURABLE MENTION
Peace On Earth #64 - Anything Christmas Goes
Sheepski #86 - Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin’ - Clean and Simple

That’s all for now - take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

21 comments:

brenda said...

White EP always looks so smart on Kraft card I always think Pauline, your must be getting a nice stash of Christmas ones together now.

B x

Liz said...

Wonderful Christmas cards, Pauline. I love the effect of the shadow stamping. This technique is still on the list of things to try. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
Liz xx

The Crafty Den said...

Beautiful cards Pauline. The images are gorgeous and the shadow stamping looks really dimensional. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks challenge. Hugs, Denise x

Becca S said...

These are terrific!!! I like the variety with placement and size of trees! Wonderful Christmas cards! Fantastic! Thanks for sharing at FQCCCB!!! ==Becca

Gail said...

WOW! I am already looking this technique up!
Very effective! Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week!

Sarn said...

A very effective technique which has worked brilliantly on the Kraft card. Love the tree stamps and the pretty fonts used for the sentiments. Fab! Xxx

Linby said...

This technique is on my To do list!. Love how effective this turned out on the kraft and the sentiments work brilliantly with it too. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

Ellibelle said...

Not sure I tried this technique before, it looks so beautiful and works so well with this group of trees! Thank you so much for joining us again at Allsorts challenge!

coldwaters2 said...

Two beautiful creations Pauline I absolutely love that shadow technique it really makes a difference thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

Sarah said...

White and kraft is a match made in heaven. Such brilliant cards. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

Pat K said...

Beautiful CAS card Pauline. Love the white on kraft using those lovely trees. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Pauline, love the white and kraft colour scheme, and the shadow effect too.

Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Helen said...

These are beautiful Pauline - so effective.

Thanks for joining me at the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Helen x

Kathyk said...

LOVING your Christmas projects using Kraft card, stunning

Kathyk

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely set of Christmas cards. The white and kraft always looks good together and your lovely stamping has created simple but very effective designs.
Lorraine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This technique is one I tried a while ago and found it so very clever. I admit you are far better with it, and have a wonderful and realistic effect. Stunning work Pauline. x

Sheryl said...

Wow! What a fantastic set of cards. This technique is amazing.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

Mrs.B said...

White on Kraft always looks good and I love the effect you've achieved with the shadow stamping.
Avril xx

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Amazing card. wauw Thanks for entering you card at Sparkles Monthly challenges
Creatieve Groetjes Claudia

Mijn FB groep: Claudia's Kaartjes
You tube:Claudia's Kaartjes
Blog:Claudia's Kaartjes
Challenge blogs:
Girlz Creative Christmas 
Girlz makes Guyz Cards
Girlz creative crafts
Creative sketchy girls

Catie Cuddles said...

Gorgeous! Love Kraft and white!
Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

PS sorry I am a little late in visiting

foleysfriend said...

Fabulous card. I love the illusion of dimension on a one-layer card. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More! Apologies for the late visit.

sue n.