Monday 6 May 2024

In the Moonlit Meadow


Hi everyone, last week I published a meadow scene card using my round gel press and some Lavinia flower stamps (here)  … and I enjoyed it so much and received such kind feedback. (particularly on the Lavinia fans’ FB page) I decided to make another one! This time night has drawn on and the previously sunlit meadow is now bathed in moonlight .. here it is.


I brayered 3 colours of Elements ink onto my gel press, spattered with water then took a print. I created the moon by blending more Elements ink around a small circle mask, then blending Brilliance Moonlight White pearlescent ink inside the circle.I masked outside the inked circle and stamped a variety of flowers and grasses using 1st/2nd generation Twilight and Monarch Versafine Clair, then added highlights with white Posca pen and my clear Sakura Stardust pen.i added a flight of birds in black, and added more sparkle to the moon with my Spectrum Noir sparkle pen. I stamped the sentiment onto separate card and positioned before attaching, to guide me where I should stamp the bird, which I also highlighted with white Posca and white Stabilo All pencil. I added random dots around the circle using silver metallic and purple sparkle Posca pens, plus dots of blue Stickles. Finally I matted the finished piece onto blue card stock and a 6” card blank.

Here is an angled picture to show the sparkle and shine!


Stamps: Lavinia Wild Poppies, Wild Summer Flower, Lavender, Field Grass, Bird Collection, Birds; sentiment - unknown;
Media: Lavinia Elements inks (Dark Denim, Della Blue, Violet Chalk); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Twilight, Monarch); Brilliance pearlescent ink (Moonlight White); Sakura Stardust pen (clear); Spectrum Noir sparkle pen (clear); Posca pens (white, silver); Posca sparkle pen (purple); Stabilo All pencil (white); Ice Stickles (blue);
Tools: Lavinia Roland gel press, acetate circle masks.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Krafty Chicks #714 - Stamps (2nd entry)
Lavinia Creative Challenge (May) - Favourite Florals (version without sentiment)
Triple B (May) - Birds, Butterflies and/or Blooms
We Love 2 Create #4 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #645/646 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Worldwide Crafters and Colourists #16 - Anything Goes (4th entry)

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

12 comments:

MRS DUCK said...

Beautiful card Pauline.
Thanks for joining in at MAWTT challenge this month.
Best wishes
Ang

Heather said...

So so beautiful, Pauline - what a fabulous take on the spotlight technique, too! Love these cool muted colors - the pops of white add so much life! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Pauline, I love the scene you've created - stunning.
Lorraine x

brenda said...

Pleased to see you are now enjoying your Gelli Plate, this background is gorgeous with the textural interest and built up with the Lavinia flowers.

B x

Sarn said...

Simply stunning xxx

Mrs.B said...

The gel press background looks fabulous and I love the shadowy moon highlighting the meadow flowers. A brilliant card.
Avril xx

crafty-stamper said...

WOW brilliant card and love the fabulous gel print all the details and beautiful stamps.
Carol x

coldwaters2 said...

WOW this is stunning Pauline the colours are what first caught my attention then all those amazing stamps a real beautiful creation
hugs
lolo x

Bonnie Lynn said...

Wow! Wow! Gorgeous mixed media card. I'm really loving that gel press background you made paired with your silhouette stamp. Thanks for playing along this week at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Hope to see you again.

Darlene said...

Oh Pauline ... this is just AWESOME! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Ellibelle said...

Another amazing Lavinia card, you did so well using the gel press and I love how this scene turned out!

Gale said...

Stunning card Pauline! Thank you for sharing with us over here at the Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Thank you.
Gale DT for

https://.worldwidecrafterscoloristschallenge.blogspot.com/