Monday 25 September 2023

The Great Outdoors


Hi everyone, I'm just getting back into the swing of crafting having been on holiday to Rhodes (more of that later), and I wasn't too well with a shocking cold for 2 weeks before I went so I have done hardly any crafting during September. 

I am a member of the FB group for AALL & Create Tracy Evans fans, and this month a lady on there started up a new ATC swap - woo hoo, exciting!!  For the first few months there is a theme but also an "Anything goes" option whilst members get into the swing of it, as some have never made ATC's before. I couldn't wait to get started, though I am actually fairly last minute this time due to the holiday and illness, but I have finally got there!! This month's optional theme is "Circles" so I have managed to incorporate a few into the background of my design - here they are.


I created a smooshed background with Distress Oxide inks on a piece of white stamping card (it is rather subtle and doesn't show up too well in the photos!!), then cut the inked card into three pieces each 3.25" x 2.25". I inked the background leaf (which is part of a larger stamp, the famous A&C wellies!) using two shades of green Versafine Clair, then inked some background circles/postmarks from the same stamp set  using 2nd generation Warm Breeze VFC. I stamped the butterfly 3 times onto separate card and heat embossed, coloured with Sakura Stardust pens, then fussy cut and attached to each ATC. I also cut out, coloured and attached the letter "B" which I had heat embossed as part of the butterfly stamp. Finally I stamped a sentiment onto each ATC, edged them with black marker pen then matted onto standard ATC size black card stock. 

Here is a closeup of one of them...

... and an angled picture to show the sparkle on the butterfly.

Stamps: AALL & Create #370 The Great Outdoors (background), #449 Through the Meadows (Butterfly), #996 Forget Me Not (Sentiment);
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Tumbled Glass, Old Paper, Antique Linen); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Verdant, Shady Lane, Warm Breeze); Sakura Stardust pens (Yellow, Green, Aqua).

Challenges I would like to enter:

ATC's Around the World #105 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Butterfly Challenge #187 - Butterflies Galore
Make My Monday #210 - Create Your Own Background
Paper a la Mode (September) - Anything Goes in a Card Free Zone (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Use a Background Stamp
Triple B (September) - Birds, Blooms and/or Butterflies (2nd entry)
We Love Stamping (September) - Trees/Leaves (3rd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #613/614 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)

As I mentioned above I got back a few days ago from holiday on the beautiful island of Rhodes, where we celebrated our wedding anniversary 💕💕. The weather seemed a bit hotter than usual for the time of year, with average daytime temperatures of 31 degrees, so we didn’t go walking about too much in the daytime and spent much of the holiday reading under a sun umbrella!! However we did manage a couple of trips to Lindos and Rhodes Town .. here are a few photos.

Views from our hotel 



Lindos




Rhodes Town








Fab dining at our hotel!




That's all from me for today, though I hope to be back soon as I have a few craty makes to catch up on!
Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,
 

17 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Great ATCs,love the backgrounds and beautiful butterfly.Love all the holiday pics.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
Carol DT x

Heather said...

These are all so lovely, Pauline - I love the backgrounds for the gorgeous butterfly! Perfect subtle colors! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

brenda said...

Looks like a great holiday Pauline, Rhodes is one of our fav Greek Islands, beautiful.

Pretty colour palette for your ATC's, many thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

Sarn said...

WOW those butterfly ATCs are BEAUTIFUL.
Rhodes looks lovely too. Hope you’re feeling better now xxx

Linby said...

These are so beautiful, the butterfly looks so realistic too.
Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping and Stamping Sensations.
Corfu looks lovely, great photos.

Conny said...

Wow.. wonderful ATCs! Love them!
Thanks for joining us at ATC around the world!

Hugs,
Conny

ScrappyHorses said...

Such beautiful ATC's! Wonderful colors and the background pattern is gorgeous! So happy you shared with us at The Outlawz AG in a Card Free Zone! ~Katrina

Diane said...

Fabulous ATC's with the big butterfly, the trip looks marvelous too!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms!
Diane BB DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Beautiful Blossoms}

Anke said...

Your ATCs are so beautiful, I love the butterfly.

Hugs
Anke

Dora said...

Beautiful! Thank you for joining at stamping sensations

Ellibelle said...

Looks like you had a fabulous holiday. Love those views from the hotel! And the town looks wonderful!
Such beautiful ATC's too with that amazing butterfly and great backgrounds!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely love your ATC's Pauline, so much detail into something so lovely, but small. As for your photos, I am not jealous, OK I am, looks like a fabulous time was had by you both.
Faith x

Mrs.B said...

Lovely ATCs Pauline, it's a gorgeous butterfly.
Lovely photos from your holiday, Rhodes is a lovely island.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
Avril x

Mrs A. said...

A lovely shimmer of butterflies. Your holiday photos look lovely. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

Ana G.G. said...

Me recuerda al a región de España donde he crecido, laderas poco boscosas, construcciones medievales del románico... Que suerte tenéis de poder disfrutar unas vacaciones así ;)

Hi! I'm Shirley and said...

Beautiful ATC. Thank you for sharing with us at the Outlawz AG in a Card Free Zone. Shirley M., DT

Sue Jackson said...

The colors are gorgeous. I love the distressed background you created with the matching colors in the butterflies. Thanks for playing with us at Make My Monday Challenge! I hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Sue - DT