Thursday 7 September 2023

Falling Leaves πŸπŸ‚


Hi everyone, this month’s Lavinia Creative Challenge theme is Falling Leaves, and this inspired me to start looking out some autumnal stamps and also some autumnal colour inks πŸ‚πŸ  

The general concept of this card was inspired by one I saw on the Lavinia For You FB page .. there are currently quite a few cards around with a tree framing a circle of blended inks, often with the fence and gate. I used the Lavinia stamp “Seasonal Tree” which is a bit bigger than the oft used “Tree of Hope” (which I don’t have), so I also used a larger than average inverse circle mask.


I created my inky circle first using an inverse circle mask and a small circle mask for the sun, and blending Elements Inks with brushes. I then removed the mask and stamped the tree, then replaced the mask and stamped the fence & gate, and 2nd generation background wording. I coloured the tree and fence with Distress watercolor pencils, then added multi coloured mini leaves blowing off the tree and scattered around the base. Finally I stamped a little birdie sitting on the fence, then edged the square with brown marker pen and matted onto brown card stock and my card blank.  For the Lavinia Challenge I left it there, but I actually thought it looked a bit bare without a sentiment, so for other challenges I added a sentiment stamped onto a separate piece of card which had also been sponged with Elements ink.

In hindsight I think I made the scene too “busy” with falling leaves, but once I got started stamping them I just got carried away!!

Stamps: Lavinia Seasonal Tree, Gate and Fence, Mini Maple, Winter Spice, Bird Collection; AALL & Create #533 Bring On the Sentiments;
Media: Lavinia Elements inks (Russet Orange, Bermuda); Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Pencils (Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain); Versafine Clair (Pinecone, Shady Lane, Summertime, Golden Meadow); Versafine (Vintage Sepia);
Tools: Crafts Too Press to Impress large circle mask; Lavinia hill mask.

Challenges I would like to enter:

As You Like It - Favourite Autumn or Winter (and why)
(I love the beautiful rich but mellow colours of autumn)
Cardz 4 Galz #207 - Leaves - TOP 3

The Male Room #178 - Leaves - HONOURABLE MENTION

Paper Dragonfly #21 - Fall Splendour - WINNER
Time Out #246 - Inspired By Words

We Love Stamping (September) - Trees and Leaves
Word Art Wednesday #611/612 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)

I am also entering a version of this card without the sentiment into Lavinia Creative Challenge (September) - Falling Leaves


The leaves aren't actually falling yet but I don't suppose it will be too long ... we just need to get past this heatwave first!!

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

23 comments:

Diane said...

Absolutely creatively gorgeous, you can enter it at The Sisterhood too as it fits the theme perfectly!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW
{The Sisterhood}

Bobby said...

I love all the details you put into this fabulous card, Pauline. The tree has so much movement and so blowing leaves fit with it perfectly and the ink blending is wonderful inside the circle. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Time Out.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and tree-love the Autumn leaves-the leaves are starting to fall here,was stood talking to a neighbour this morning and was getting showered with falling leaves
Carol x

brenda said...

A lovely Autumnal card Pauline and you certainly captured the falling leaves, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping September challenge.

B x

Sarn said...

A lovely autumnal card. Love the tree framing the inked circle and how you created the scene xxx

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card

Nicolette said...

Nice card
Thanks for sharing it at 2Sistersontheblog.
Nicolette DT

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful creation Pauline you use these stamps perfectly the scene you have created is top notch
hugs
lorraine x

Lisa said...

Terrific fall themed card. Great images.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Pauline these are beautiful and wonderful autumnal cards. Funny isn't it, we go from extreme wet to extreme heat so quickly here in the UK.
Faith x

Caroline said...

Beautiful.
Thanks for joining our challenge.
Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog

Billie A said...

Awesome scene. Great colors and design/layout. Thanks for sharing over at Cardz 4 Galz.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is an absolutely stunning Autumn card, Pauline. Your art is always a blessing and we really appreciate you sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge Blog. I love seeing your art, and I really hope that you'll join us again soon.

pinky said...

What a gorgeous autumnal scene you have created Pauline! So beautiful!!

Fiona said...

Love your autumnal scene - what a great use of the stamps and colours. Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room Challenge Leaves

Donna Scholz said...

Pauline, your card is so artistic! I wish I had your talents for design. Your use of the circle mask and all the different image elements is inspired!! Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at The Male Room for our "leaves" challenge!!! -Donna

Brenda said...

Pauline, what a beautiful card design. This is such a beautiful autumn scene youΚ»ve created. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at As You Like It Challenge Challenge!

Nonni said...

This is so beautiful! I love the scene you created with such vivid color and beautiful images. Unfortunately at Time Out we only allow 5 challenges combined to be eligible to be a prize winner or top pick. I hope to see you joining us again -our new photo inspiration challenge is already up and running!

Dawn Woods said...

Such a beautiful autumnal scene. The colours are beautiful. Thank you for joining in our challenge at Cardz 4 Galz. Dawn W DT. '

Lisa Petrella said...

What a fabulous autumn scene you've created here!!! I love all of the details!!! Thanks for playing along at The Male Room Challenge!

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining us at Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenge! Val DT
https://paperdragonflycreativechallenges.blogspot.com/

Ellibelle said...

I am absolutely loving this, Pauline! Such a beautiful autumnal scene inside the circle and I love how you stamped the colorful leaves on the bottom edge. Really wonderful! Sorry I am just now stopping by, such busy times as I try to get my kitchen cabinets done... it's taking me sooooo long!!

Linby said...

It's a fab autumnal scene, love how the leaves appear to be blowing from the tree.