Friday 15 September 2023

Heart Grunge


Hi everyone, today is my wedding anniversary, so I would love to share the card I made for my darling husband Graham. This one is rather different from the style I usually make for him which tends to be "cute romantic", but they say a change is as good as a rest!!


This card is made using primarily the AALL & Create stamp set "Heart Grunge". I started by cutting a 6" square of white card and creating a smooshed background with Elements inks, then I did some background stamping and heat embossed in white. I filled some spaces with more background stamping of a Lavinia stamp in dark blue, then attached two large hearts which I had stamped and heat embossed on separate card then fussy cut out. I edged the piece with blended purple Distress oxide, then stamped the sentiment onto separate card and attached before matting onto purple and blue card stock and a 7" card blank.

I also painted the hearts with my Spectrum Noir sparkle pen - here's an angled picture to show the sparkle.


Seeing as it is for my husband I also decorated the inside of the card ...


... and the envelope.


Stamps: AALL & Create #453 Heart Grunge; Lavinia Background Script; Woodware - Happy Anniversary; Fizzy Moon - All about him;
Media: Lavinia Elements inks (Blue Lagoon, Dark Denim, Violet Chalk; Tim Holtz Distress oxide ink (Villainous Potion); Versafine (Majestic Blue); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Monarch, Medieval Blue); Versamark; embossing powder (detail white, clear); Spectrum Noir sparkle pen (clear).


Challenges I would like to enter:

Birthstone Challenge #5 - Anything Goes with Sapphire and Opal Colours
Corrosive Challenge #9 2023 - Anything Goes
Crafting Happiness #146 - Anything Goes
Love to Craft #76 - Anything Goes
Mix It Up #67 - Anything Goes with option Make Your Own Background (2nd entry)
Simply Create Too #194 - Use Stamps
We Love 2 Create #8 - Anything Goes

We will be spending the whole day together today and hopefully having a lovely meal tonight, so that's all from me for today. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Hugs,

10 comments:

Sarn said...

Happy anniversary!
Great masculine anniversary card x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Pauline Happy Anniversary your card is fantastic the grunge stamps and your use of inks is ACE
hugs
lorraine x

Liz said...

Happy Anniversary! My hubby and I celebrated our anniversary yesterday. Your card is beautiful, I love the grungy design. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month.
Liz xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Back from my holiday I'm doing a bit of catching up...Happy Anniversary to you both!
A lovely masculine card for hubby, the stamps you have used are gorgeous.
Lorraine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Congratulations on your Anniversary, Pauline. I love your very masculine, grunge and lovely card, I'm sure he loved it.
Faith x

crafty-stamper said...

Happy anniversary for yesterday fabulous card love the white embossing and grungy hearts
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Birthstone challenges
Carol DT x

Ellibelle said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you!
What a fabulous card you made, love the bold blue with bits of purple! And I am sure he was thrilled with his card!

Melissa Craig said...

Gorgeous anniversary card. I'm so glad you joined us at Birthstone Challenges.

~Melissa, DT Member

Linby said...

Lovely anniversary card and the use of the white embossing powder is a great idea.

Helen said...

A very striking design and card.

Thanks for sharing with us at the Birthstone Challenges Blog.

Helen x
DT