Monday 18 September 2023

I Spy With My Little Eye #7


Hi everyone, the last month has flown by, and it’s time again already for a new I Spy With My Little Eye... challenge over at Ellibelle's Corner.  Thanks so much to everyone who joined in last time … please do check over on Ellie’s blog to see if you are one of our top picks. 

Without further ado, our challenge theme for this month is 

I Spy With My Little Eye 

Something On or From a Farm

Please do pop over to Ellie's blog to see her fab farmyard creation and link up your entries here

We also have a guest designer this month so please feel free to visit Loopyloocards post to see her lovely interpretation of this theme. 

If you’re thinking that the new challenge seems to have come round very quickly you are right … we normally start on the 3rd Wednesday of the month but this time we are starting 2 days early on Monday. Why?? I hear you ask … well this month we are partnering with Double Trouble Challenge #148, so we are tying in with their timescale.

The 2 challenges are still separate, but you have the option that if you also follow the Double Trouble theme of using a punch and/or dies, you can enter the Double Trouble challenge #148 up to October 1st.


Here’s my card for the challenge.


When I had a root through my stash I was rather surprised to find only two stamps of farm animals, and one of those was an Easter themed duck!! That being the case the focal image for this card was a bit of a no-brainer for me, and is this adorable vintage Penny Black cow.

I decided that rather than stamp her onto white space I would incorporate her into a little countryside scene. In my imagination she is sitting in a field with rolling hills of the Derbyshire countryside in the background - though I have to say I can’t recall ever being presented with a bouquet by a cow when out on a countryside walk!!

I lightly marked the placement of the circle, then stamped the cow and masked her. I then used a Lavinia circle mask, hill masks and a home made cloud mask to create a background circle with blended Distress Oxide inks. I cut a paper version of the mask which enabled me to stamp to the edge of the circle, then added stamped trees with foliage, gate and fence, lavender, grasses and birds. I removed the mask and coloured the cow with Promarkers and Flexmarkers, then added a stamped sentiment and a hare in the opposite corner. I cut out the panel using a stitched square die, then matted onto a larger stitched square of green card stock and my card blank.

Stamps: Penny Black Bundle of Wishes (2612H); Lavinia Trees, Small Trees, Skeleton Tree Scene, Spring Trees, Gate and Fence, Wild Hares (large), Bird Collection, Birds; AALL & Create #533 Bring On the Sentiments;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Tumbled Glass, Mowed Lawn, Bundled Sage); Promarkers and Flexmarkers; Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Pinecone, Shady Lane, Verdant); Versafine (Vintage Sepia); Memento ink (Black); Lavinia Elements ink (Violet Chalk);
Tools: Hunkydory Moonstone Duo-Stitched Square dies; Lavinia circle and hill masks.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Corrosive Challenge #9 2023 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Crafting Happiness #146 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Creative Fingers #261 - Anything Goes
Double Trouble #148 Things 1 & 3 - Punch/die and Use a Farm animal
(I always take a cup of tea into my craft room or my cards would end up all wonky!)
Penny Black Saturday Challenge (September) - Anything Goes (use Penny Black)
Simon Says (Monday) - What’s Your Favourite Colour?
  (I love pink, but then again I love the colours of nature blue and green (grass and sky) .. so they are all here!)
Simply Create Too #194 - Use Stamps (2nd entry)
We Love Stamping (September) - Trees and Leaves (2nd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #613/614 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

The I Spy challenge will end on the Sunday before the next challenge starts at 23:39 US Central Time - so this time that is Sunday October 15th, and the next challenge will begin on Wednesday October 18th

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

15 comments:

brenda said...

You've combined the PB and Lavinia stamps to create a great Countryside theme Pauline. Many thanks for sharing it with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

B x

Ellibelle said...

I so love how this turned out with the beautiful scene and the Penny Black cow looks so cute with her bouquet of flowers, truly a perfect image for the theme!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Pauline this is pure sweetness and delight that Cow made me smile I love it
hugs
lorraine x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi again Pauline just popping back to thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping
hugs
lolo x

crafty-stamper said...

Love the fun card and image
Carol x

Sarn said...

A lovely combination of scenic stamping and the PB cow. Xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely combination of stamps to create this wonderful scene Pauline.
Lorraine

Linby said...

Great combination of stamps to make this fun and colourful scene.

Donna Scholz said...

Oh, Pauline, what an adorable country scene with that cute cow and wonderfully composed country elements! It is incredible how well your scene building turned out!! Thank you so much for sharing your card and creative talents with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

Kellianne said...

What a cute card! I love that happy little cow! So glad you joined us at Double Trouble! :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What a wonderful mix of stamps on this beautiful and adorable card that also gives a smile Pauline, I love it.
Faith x

Mrs.B said...

A great card Pauline and you've used a great combination of stamps to make the little scene for that cute cow.
Avril xx

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love how you created your farm scene inside and outside the masked circle... fantastic putting the scene altogether. Adorable and fun card. Thanks for sharing your DT card with us at Double Trouble.

Dagmara Gorczyńska said...

OMG, I love your little scene! You combined Lavinia stamps with the cow and it looks gorgeous!

Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
~ DT Dagmara

Melanie R said...

Great card, Pauline, I never imagined a cow could be so cute! Love the country scene. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #148. -- Melanie R.