Thursday 28 September 2023

Butterflies galore!


Hi everyone, I’m here again and yes, I have another set of butterfly ATC’s to share ... they are coming along like buses! As I mentioned in my previous post I’m a bit behind with everything at the moment, so yesterday I sat down rather last minute to make ATC’s for the UK Stampers’ Forum FB September swap, where the theme is … you’ve guessed it … butterflies! I love these beautiful winged creatures so I just had to pull my finger out and enter! Here they are.


I cut three pieces of white stamping card each 3.25” x 2.25” from various snippets in my box, and blended Distress Oxide inks to create a “grass and sky” background. I then stamped each one with a lovely old ATC size background stamp of script and  foliage that I have rediscovered since I started making ATC’s, using Shady Lane Versafine Clair. I die cut and dry embossed three butterflies from snippets of pearlescent white card and edged their wings with more DOX. I stamped the “Butterfly” word onto each ATC, then stamped again onto a separate snippet of white card, fussy cut out some of the letters and attached. I edged each ATC with black marker pen and matted onto standard ATC size blue card stock cut from a middling size snippet, then attached my die cut butterflies and embellished them with co-ordinating crystal gems.  

Here is a closeup of one of them…


… and an angled picture to show the shine of the pearlescent card.


Stamps: LotV (background); Visible Image Butterfly Effect (wording);
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Rustic Wilderness, Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass, Broken China); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Shady Lane);
Tools: Provocraft Butterflies die and marching embossing folder;
Other: crystal gems from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Butterfly Challenge #187 - Butterflies Galore (2nd entry)
Can You Handle the Pressure? - Anything Goes with Dry Embossing
Corrosive Challenge #9 2023 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Happy Little Stampers: Dies (September) - Anything Goes With Dies
Make My Monday #210 - Create Your Own Background (2nd entry)
Paper a la Mode (September) - Anything Goes in a Card Free Zone (3rd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes
Triple B (September) - Birds, Blooms and/or Butterflies (3rd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #615/616 - Anything Goes

Got to rush to the Post office now to ensure these reach their destination before the end of the month ... and maybe stock up on some stamps before the mahoosive price rise comes in on Monday!! Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

15 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Love your ATCs great script background and lobe the beautiful embossed backgrounds
Carol x

Darlene said...

SO BEAUTIFUL Pauline! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure & Triple B challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Ellibelle said...

Another fabulous trio of ATC's Pauline. They are gorgeous and really loving that large butterfly die! Your ATC's recipients are so lucky!

Sarn said...

Another lovely trio of butterfly ATCs Pauline. Love these just as much as the others!

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for a nice glass of wine or two later! x

Heather said...

These are beautiful, Pauline, and I love the theme! Those backgrounds are just right for your pretty wings! Beautiful blending, too! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Di said...

Gorgeous butterfly ATCs Pauline - your attention to detail is absolute perfection! Love them.

Hugs
Di xx

meg said...

Beautiful blended and stamped background for your wonderful butterfly,thank you for joining in at MMM

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So very beautiful Pauline, love the colours and the gorgeous butterfly. Yep! It is a big rise in postage isn't it?
Faith x

Mrs A. said...

I love these ones even more than the last. Thankyou for coming and playing again in the garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

Debbie Mageed said...

Such pretty ATCs! Love the background you created and your butterflies are lovely! Thank you for playing with us at the MMM Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Lovely background stamping and blend of inks on these ATC's. A lovely subject and created so beautifully.
Lorraine

Linby said...

Another set of beautiful ATCs and I'm sure the recipients will love them.

Johanna said...

A pretty mixed media background with a lovely butterfly on top makes for beauty. Well designed ATC's Thanks for joining us at MMM.

Hi! I'm Shirley and said...

Beautiful ATC in every detail! Thank you for sharing with us at the Outlawz AG in a Card Free Zone Challenge. Shirley M., DT

Catie Cuddles said...

Gorgeous ATCs.
Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers anything goes with dies challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT