Sunday 3 September 2023

Rusty


Hi everyone, this month's ATC swap theme over on the Visible Image FB group is Rusty, so the expectation is that that participants will produce either something brown, rusty-looking or autumnal, using only VI stamps, stencils and/or dies. 

The theme immediately suggested to me my VI vintage car line drawing, which I thought I could present in an aged and rust-spattered way. Usually I make a matching card for the swap, but this time I thought a card with this particular image would look a bit too masculine so instead I made a "co-ordinating" card using the same colour palette but different stamps. Here they are.


First the ATC.


I used a snippet of multifarious stamping card in cream, and created a smoosh background with Distress ink. I stamped the car in sepia ink, then added spatter stamping also in sepia and my wording in brown. I edged the card with more blended DI and copper gilding polish, and also spattered it with watered down gilding polish using my new Tim Holtz spatter brush which is fab, but I haven't completely got control of it just yet!! When dry I matted onto a snippet of dark brown card stock and added a couple of Tim Holtz rusty cogs.

Stamps: Visible Image You're A Classic, Christmas Robin (spatters);
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Tea Dye, Vintage Photo); Versafine (Vintage Sepia); Versafine Clair (Pinecone); Cosmic Shimmer Metallic Gilding Polish (Copper Shine);
Other: Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mini Gears.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Crafting From the Heart #5 - Anything Goes (no cards)
Creative Fingers #260 - Anything Goes
DL.Art (September) - Anything Goes
Krafty Chicks #679 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Little Red Wagon #724 - Small or Large
Paper a la Mode (September) - Anything Goes (no cards) - TOP 3
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Snippets Playground #462Use Snippets

Secondly, here is the card I made.


For this I cut a piece of cream multifarious stamping card and created a smoosh background as before. I then stamped the focal flower using Pinecone VFC and the spatters and grungy circles in sepia. Again I blended more DI ink round the edge, edged with gilding polish and added some spatters. I stamped a sentiment onto separate card, cut out and attached, then matted onto dark brown card stock and a 6" square card blank. 

Here is an angled pic to show some of the shine on the gilding polish.


Stamps: Visible Image Where Flowers Bloom, Christmas Robin (spatters), Sunflower Grounge (spatters), Birthday Wishes (sentiment);
Media: Tim Holtz Distress inks (Tea Dye, Vintage Photo); Versafine (Vintage Sepia); Versafine Clair (Pinecone); Cosmic Shimmer Metallic Gilding Polish (Copper Shine).

Challenges I would like to enter:

Allsorts #744 - Anything Goes
Beautiful Blossoms #8 - Anything Floral Goes (3rd entry)
Crafty Addicts #4 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

Incy Wincy (September) - Colours of Autumn
Mix it Up #67 - Anything Goes with option Make Your Own Background
Simon Says (Monday) - Sparkle and Shine (2nd entry)
Triple B (September) - Birds, Butterflies and/or Blooms
Word Art Wednesday #611/612 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

That's me all rusted out for today - take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

20 comments:

DIANA L. said...

This is really great!! I love your rusty design.
Thank you for joining the DL.ART SEPTEMBER 2023 LINKY CHALLENGE. Have a blessed day,
DIANA L.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and ATC love the stamps and rusty colour
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts
Carol x

Sandra said...

FAbulous ATC!! Thanks for joining The Outlawz ATG in a card free zone challenge!!!

pinky said...

Well whoever receives these will be well chuffed. Absolutely gorgeous work!

Ellibelle said...

Two fantastic creations here Pauline. Love the color scheme on both and so great to see you at Allsorts challenge too with your fabulous floral creation which definitely looks a lot like a sunflower to me!

PS: Thanks for the heads up on the Aall and Create sale. I wasn't going to order because afraid of the customs but then had a look and there were some I had on my wish list so I ordered and shipping to my dad's adress in Germany. I'll have to wait a little longer for my goodies but they will be worth the wait!!

brenda said...

A lovely Vintage feel to today's post Pauline, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Sarn said...

Your “rusty” cards are gorgeous with a wonderful vintage feel to them. Great backgrounds and lovely stamping.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. xxx

Conny said...

Wow.. fabulous card and ATC! Love the rusty colour!
Thanks for joining us at ATC Around The World!

Hugs,
Conny

Diane said...

Beautiful, rustic creation!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B and Beautiful Blossoms!
Diane TB Co-Owner and BB DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Pauline, what amazing projects, love each of them, love your interpretation of rusty, very clever.
Faith x

Di said...

Really lovely work Pauline. Amazing what you create from a blank piece of card. Clever girl!

Hugs
Di xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Gorgeous, grungy designs on both the card and ATC Pauline, love them both. Thanks for sharing in our challenge at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Imke said...

Great project for our Small or Large Challenge @Little Red Wagon. Thanks for joining us this week.

Imke~My Crafty Place

Melanie Hungerford said...

Those are both such wonderful masculine themed projects, thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh I love the vintage car. Super card and ATC.

Donna Walls said...

Wow, the ATC and card are wonderfully done, I love that Grungy Flower. Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Twingomaus said...

Very cool.
Thanks for joining us at the DAK Challenge.
Greetings Andrea

Deanne Saunders said...

Gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Ana G.G. said...

Estos diseños me gustan, sobre todo el dibujo del coche clásico. Algo diferente ;)

Hi! I'm Shirley and said...

Awesome ATC! Great design. Thank you for sharing with us at The Outlawz AG in a Card Free Zone.
Shirley M. DT