Thursday 13 October 2022

Seasonal Tree


Good morning, all,

In my previous post I used one of my new stamps - Lavinia "Seasonal Tree" - for a Hallowe'en card, but mentioned I had bought it primarily with a view to enabling me to make the occasional autumnal card ... so here is my first attempt. 


My idea was to make a tranquil scene with an early misty morning vibe, so having stamped and heat embossed my tree I created my background with a colour wash of Distress Oxide rather than the usual ink blending or smooshing. I used a little ink blending to create my sun and to ground the tree, then stamped and coloured my falling leaves. I finished off with my stamped and cut up sentiment and birds, and matted the finished panel onto brown linen card stock.

I have to confess I did struggle with this card - having stamped my tree I couldn't decide how to represent falling leaves, and had several failed experiments before finally coming up with this. 

Stamps: Lavinia Seasonal Tree, Birds; leaves and sentiment - Visible Image "Erika's Maple";
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Hickory Smoke, Frayed Burlap); Versafine (Vintage Sepia); Versafine Clair (Nocturne).

Challenges I would like to enter:

Alphabet Challenge - N is for Nature
Creative Inspirations (October) - Autumn or Hallowe’en (2nd entry)
Dragonfly Dreams (October) - Autumn or Hallowe’en (2nd entry)
Sheepski #67 - Autumn Things (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Monday) - Fabulous Fall Moodboard

(I was inspired by the top right and bottom right pictures, and the colour swatch buttons)

Simon Says (Wednesday) - Fall Colours
Stamping Sensations (October) - All Things Autumn (2nd entry)
Try It On Tuesday - Autumn (2nd entry) - TOP 5
Use Your Stuff #468 - Autumn/Fall
We Love Stamping (October) - Autumn Colours (2nd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #565/566 - Anything Goes

This card is actually pretty representative of the weather outside today as it is quite misty here. Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

15 comments:

Gina's Cards said...

Such a lovely autumnal card! Love the tree and you have done a great job of the falling leaves. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx

brenda said...

Nice to see your new goodies in action Pauline, thanks for sharing your Autumnal make with us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

Aquarius said...

Super Autumnal card using that great tree stamp

Sarn said...

A lovely autumnal card with the new stamp xxx

Mervi said...

Fabulous autumn card!
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping October Challenge;-))m

Rainey's Craft Room said...

It's a lovely stamp and beautiful card too Pauline.
Lorraine

Lynda said...

A lovely Autumnal card - love all the techniques you have used. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Linby said...

A great autumnal card and so atmospheric.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What wonderful movement you have achieved in this gorgeous card, love your colouring.
Faith x

Mrs.B said...

A great card Pauline and your new tree is perfect for the Autumn challenge.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril x
(could you email me at avril_branthwaite@hotmail.com)

Uschi said...

Very impressive autumn card! You really did a great scene with this stunning tree swaying in the wind and those falling leaves. I'm also struck by the beautiful sun and birds flying in front of it. Wonderful color combination of brown and yellow.
Thank you for participating in the Everybody Art Challenge.
Hug Uschi

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is a truly fabulous card! I love how your leaves are blowing n the breeze! Clever colour choice too. Thank you so much for sharing at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks so much for participating in our USE YOUR STUFF challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Karen Letchworth said...

This is such a fun spooky card, Pauline. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. Have a great week and please visit again soon.
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Cazro said...

A beautiful card, I love tree stamps and I can almost feel the wind in your scene. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges for Nature. Caz. DT