Saturday 1 October 2022

Allsorts Challenge #696


Hi everyone, and welcome to a new Allsorts Challenge. Lynn has chosen the theme this week, which is

*** Gardener's Delight ***

So we look forward to seeing your makes incorporating anything you might reasonably find in the garden!!

This week we have 2 fantastic garden themed prizes on offer-from Oakwood Direct:


Firstly this beautiful Stampendous garden themed stamp set

Secondly we have this gorgeous stencil.

Also we have three digital images of another winner’s choice from Ruth Hamilton Design


Here's my card for this week.


As soon as I saw this week's challenge theme I immediately thought about this adorable LotV stamp. It is one for which I have a particular affection as I used it to make the last Mother's Day card for my mum before she passed away in 2013 - here. As I don't now colour with alcohol markers very much I brought up that picture to guide me, and that inspired the general look and colour scheme of this card. In fact this card is really a throwback to the style of crafting I used to do years ago, involving alcohol marker colouring, designer papers, punches and dies ... and even though I’ve rather lost my confidence when it comes to marker colouring, I really enjoyed it for a change!

I stamped my image and coloured it with Promarkers and Flexmarkers, then cut out using a stitched square die. I created various matting layers using papers and punched edges on cardstock, then die cut a 2 layer flower from glitter card and attached with a brad, and surrounded with a couple of sparkly leafy flourishes. I finished off with a stamped sentiment cut into a stitched hexagon shape, as my stitched squares didn't go small enough!!

Stamps: LotV - Watering the Flowers; sentiment - Summer Meadow (free with craft magazine);
Media: Promarkers and Flexmarkers;
Papers: LotV Nitwits - Pefect Pair;
Tools: Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page - Woodland Branch; flower die - Marianne Design Creatables LR0110; leaf swirl - Magnolia Doohickeys Butterfly Dreams; stitched square and stitched hexagon dies - Amazon.

Challenges I would like to enter:

A Gem of a Challenge #20 2022 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Colour Crazy #39 2022 - Anything Goes
Crafty Animals #66 - Anything Goes with an Animal - TOP PICK
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper (October) - Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
Creatalicious #244 - Anything Goes with option For a Friend
Creations In Pink #50 - Anything Goes in Mainly Pink
Hero Arts (September) - Die-Lightful
Love To Craft #70 - Anything Goes
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes

Hope you can join us this week, and I look forward to seeing your entries. Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more fab inspiration from the rest of the team. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

12 comments:

Sarn said...

Such a pretty card in green and pink. LOTV do such cute images. I like the added flower embellishment. xxx

brenda said...

Such a pretty feminine card Pauline and perfect colour palette.

B x

Lynn said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for sharing your talent.

Ellibelle said...

Such a sweet and delightful card Pauline. Loving all the details you've added and beautiful papers too!

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely beautiful card Pauline the image, papers and colours are all top notch
hugs
lorraine x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a beautiful card, you definitely haven't lost your touch for colouring even though you haven't done it for a while. A delightful colour scheme and layered design.
Lorraine

Linby said...

So very pretty and a lovely mix of papers and embellishments. I'm pleased my theme allowed you to reuse this card and remember your Mum. L x

Mervi said...

Sweet and stunning card, love the pattern papers and colours;-))m

R's Rue said...

So cute. Regine
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Marjeta said...

Such an adorable card. Thanks for playing with us at Colour Crazy.

Cynthia said...

Precious garden scene. Lovely color combo and embellishments. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.

Kanan Pandya said...

Darling card. Love the image and cute details. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Challenge.