Sunday 9 October 2022

James the Bear … and All the Fun of the Fair


Hi everyone,

One afternoon this week I didn’t feel like unpacking all my craft supplies, so I just stamped a few images and had a bit of a colouring session with my Promarkers. As I need to get ahead with some Christmas cards I used one of my favourite old Christmas images - James Christmas Tree by LotV. This adorable little bear always makes me smile ! 😀 I then had another session where I made up my images into 4 cards, so they will be appearing at intervals over the coming weeks - here’s my first effort.


Stamps: LotV  - James Christmas Tree; sentiment - Elzybells;
Media: Promarkers and Flexmarkers; holographic glitter; Stickles;
Papers: LotV  “‘Twas the Night”;
Tools: stitched square dies from Amazon.

I decorated James's hat with holographic glitter and applied Stickles to the snow both underfoot and flakes - here's angled pic to show that a bit better.


Challenges I would like to enter:

Crafty Animals #66 - Anything Goes With Animals
Hero Arts (October) - Merry Everything
I ❤️ Promarkers #520 - Anything Goes (2nd entry) - WINNER
Sweet Stampin’ - Anything but a Birthday Card
The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #125 - Anything Christmas Goes - TOP 5
Word Art Wednesday #563/564 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)

I mentioned yesterday that I was going to pay a visit to the Stamping Together Craft Fair in Port Sunlight … I always used to visit this festival back in the day, but as I only came back to crafting during the pandemic after  over 5 years of almost complete inactivity, this was my first craft fair for a very long time! I was amazed by how busy it was … the fair isn’t as big as it used to be but there were still a number of great stands and it was absolutely thronged!! I spent most of my time endlessly debating with myself what to buy from the Stamper’s Grove stand which was an absolute paradise of all things Lavinia and Visible Image, not to mention ink pads, brushos … where to start?? I also got chance to say hello to the lovely Jo Rice and Sarah Anderson who were demonstrating Lavinia, and were very helpful in showing me some of the many similar colours of brushos to help me decide.


Here’s a pic of my haul … I think I was pretty restrained all things considered … I know I definitely could have bought a LOT more ☺️ However I focussed on getting a few autumn themed items as I didn’t really have any, a couple of Hallowe’en stamps (even though I don’t really do Hallowe’en .. but there are so many challenges to enter!), a couple of Tim Holtz ephemera to inspire future ATC’s, and some more brushos as I am really loving those vibrant colours!!


That’s all for today … chores beckon, and I also need to find time to start playing with my new stash 😀

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

15 comments:

Sarn said...

Gorgeous Christmas card with little James bear.
Great haul from the show. Glad you enjoyed yourself xxx

brenda said...

Very restrained indeed Pauline but a nice haul all the same. I'm quite grateful that I will be demoing at the show in a couple of weeks so not too much time to shop.

B x

Mrs.B said...

Love the colouring on James the Bear, a lovely card.
It's a while since I visited Port Sunlight show, lucky you living so near and that's a great haul. Hope the chores are finished and you can enjoy playtime.
Avril x

Tracie said...

Stunning card. Your beautifully colored image coordinates so well with the papers you used. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my I love this so much Pauline the image is a cutie, I just found mine out, great colouring and such pretty papers I love it
hugs
Lorraine x

Lorraine said...

I love James bear and he looks fabulous on your card, gorgeous papers too.
It looks like you had a lovely time at Port Sunlight.
Lorraine x

Linby said...

Your card is so sweet and I love how you layered the papers and die cuts. What a great stash - I have a couple of those stamps too, always useful.

Fiona said...

this is lovely Pauline, perfect colouring.

thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin.

Fi
x

Tracey T said...

Fabulous card. I love traditional Christmas colours. Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

The little bear is fabulous and I love the paper and the big bow. OH! How wonderful to go to a Craft Fair, I haven't been to one in years either. The last one was in Cardiff donkeys years ago, they don't come to Wales! We can't be that good crafters hahaha LOVE your haul.
Faith x

Lynne said...

A super cute Christmas card and fab colouring. Great haul too from your craft fair. Thank you for joining in at Christmas Craft Creations. Lynne DT

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful creation! Beautiful design. I always love LOTV image and papers! Gorgeous colouring!
Thanks for playing at I Love Promarkers Challenge.
Ileanaxx

Becca Sadler said...

Pauline: your Christmas card is superb!!! Wonderful layers and the extra details on the bear just add more cuteness to it! Thanks for sharing at The Holly and Ivy! --Becca/DT

SarahR said...

Hello Pauline, awww this is a super cute card - gotta love a LoTV image and yours is just perfect!

Thanks for joining in with us at Sweet Stampin', looking forward to seeing you there again. Sarah - DT

Unknown said...

Beautiful coloring and such a cute card! Thanks for joining the stay crafty challenge!