Saturday 22 October 2022

Allsorts Challenge #699


Good morning everyone, it's time for another weekly Allsorts Challenge. This week Brenda has chosen the theme and it is

*** Colours of Autumn ***

This week we have a fabulous prize donated by AALL & Create - this beautiful autumnal stamp set Acorn Collage


Here's my card for this week.


I made this card with a Visible Image stamp set which is another purchase I made at Port Sunlight specifically for making autumnal cards, and some of my new Brushos.

Firstly I made a coloured panel by sprinkling two colours of Brushos onto stamping card and spritzing with water. When dry I stamped my leaf images and fussy cut out. I then cut another square of stamping card and created a smoosh background with Distress Oxide inks, and stamped my focal point leaves again plus some extra small leaves in the background. I used my VI "Broken Mesh" die to create a stencil, and blended Distress Ink through it onto the centre of my background, then attached my fussy cut leaves. I stamped my sentiment then matted the panel onto three autumnal colours of card.

I was really pleased with how this experiment with Brushos turned out, and felt the colours in the leaves reflect the sentiment really well!

Stamps: Visible Image - Erika's Maple;
Media: Brushos (Gamboge, Vermillion); Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade); Distress Ink (Vintage Photo); Versafine Clair (Pinecone).
Tools: Visible image die - Broken Mesh.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Creative Inspirations (October) - Autumn or Hallowe’en (3rd entry)
Daisy Chain #68 - Autumn/Hallowe’en (2nd entry)
Four Seasons (October) - Anything Goes Fall 
Let's Craft and Create #188 - The Colours of Fall - WINNER
Path of Positivity #105 Anything Positive Goes with option Celebrate Something Special About Your Favourite Season - TOP PICK
(I always think beautiful autumn leaves are pretty special)
{PIN}spirational Challenge #294 - Inspirational Photo - FAVOURITE

Stamping Sensations (October) - All Things Autumn (3rd entry) - TOP 3
Taylormadecards4U (October) - Anything Goes with option Halloween/Fall (3rd entry)
We Love Stamping (October) - Autumn Colours (3rd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #565/566 - Anything Goes (3rd entry) 

In fact I was so happy with my inky experiment that I decided to get my money’s worth out of my new autumn stamps, so I sat down in a completely separate crafting session and made a set of co-ordinating ATC's, which not surprisingly I called "Falling Leaves".


Here's a close up of one of them ...


These were made using more or less exactly the same method/supplies as listed above, except that I used a different stencil on the smaller space - Crafter's Companion "It's Time".

Challenges I would like to enter:

ATC's Around the World - Autumn - TOP 3
Addicted to Stamps and More #440 - Die Cuts and/or Stencils
Ally's Angels #63 - Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Craft Challenges #42 2022 - Anything Goes With Colouring
Craft Rocket #97 - Autumn/Hallowe'en (2nd entry)
DL.Art (October) Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Happy Little Stampers (October): Watercolour - Anything Goes with Water Colour Media
QKR Stampede #454 - Anything Goes - TOP 5

Hope you can join us this week, and I look forward to seeing your entries. Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more fab inspiration from the rest of the team. 

Before I go, just a quick heads up about next week's challenge, which will be Allsorts' 700th Challenge - woo hoo!! It will be party time with guest designers to provide extra inspiration and some fantastic prizes to give away, so you won't want to miss it!


Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

24 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Pauline I love your Autumnal card and ATCs the stamps and colours are absolutely gorgeous
hugs
lolo x

Lisa said...

Fabulous collection of ATCs. I love the fall colors you used. Oh I see All Sorts is having the 700th challenge next week. I will have to see if I can sneak in some time to play. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment so I could find your blog.

Darlene said...

Oh Pauline these are all just BEAUTIFUL! Don't blame you for making more than one!! Gorgeous Fall inspiration! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Just a friendly reminder that our new STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE is open and ready to see your stenciled creations. Hope you’ll come join in the fun!

Ellibelle said...

Beautiful work Pauline. Your Brusho backgrounds look amazing! I somehow forgot about mine, hope to use them again soon!!
So nice to see you joining in at Four Seasons challenge too!

brenda said...

Re your mail, Blogger was on one this morning so may well by the problem for you.

So much lovely Autumnal beauty here Pauline, the leaves on your card look as thought you could pick them up and rustle them.

Thank's for sharing your ATC's with us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping October challenges.

B x

Linby said...

The intensity of colour you've achieved on the leaves really does mirror the sentiment. A beautiful card and fab ATCs

Linby said...

and then I forgot to say "Thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping and Stamping Sensations.
L x

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous card Pauline, the fussy cut leaves look stunning against your inky background. Love the ATCs and the sentiment works so well cut apart.
Thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations.
Avril xx

Sarn said...

Absolutely delightful card and matching ATCs. The leaves are so pretty and the inky backgrounds are perfect. xxx

Ashwini Rao said...

You definitely made awesome use of the stamps and your brushos - can't complain when the results are this fabulous! I love the autumn colors and all the textures that you've made in both the card and the ATCs. Thank you so much for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Watercolor challenge!

ScrappyHorses said...

So very gorgeous!! Rich fall colors and the sentiment is beautiful! Perfectly fall! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Sheryl said...

GReat collection of ATCs.
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx
TTCRD DT

Mervi said...

So gorgeous card and ATC cards, lovely and rich autumn feel;-))m

Deanne Saunders said...

Your card is beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in my PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Dora said...

What a beautiful autumnal card. Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations.

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful ATCs, love the colours of autumn. Thank you for joining ATC Around the World challenge. Anesha

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Beautiful colours in both the card and ATC's, a lovely splattered background, I must practice more :)
Lorraine

Lyn Bernatovich said...

You nailed the flair of Autumn! I loved the Brusho background and the separately water colored leaves embellishing the card front. I sense you had a wonderful time designing these cards! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers. xoxo

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! A Super and gorgeous card AND so are your ATC's you are a clever girl.
Faith x

foleysfriend said...

How clever of you to make your own stencil from a die cut! Loving the use of the outlines of leaves as well as the whole colored leaves - a nice contrast. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

Conny said...

Really wonderful! I love your Autumn card and the ATCs! The stamps are absolutely fantastic!
Thanks for joining us at ATC around the world!

Hugs,
Conny

Deanna Mulder said...

Wow, what a fantastic card. Your leaves are awesome. Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Craft and Create. Deanna DT

SarahR said...

Hi there, those are gorgeous cards and ATC's. I love the colours, you've captured Autumn perfectly! Thanks for joining in with us at Colour Crazy Crafty challenge. Sarah - DT

Josje said...

what a beautiful autumn card thanks for joing us at colour crazy
groetjes Josje