Tuesday 25 October 2022

Hubble bubble II


Hi everyone, today I would like to share my extremely last-minute make for this month's Lavinia website Creative Challenge "Dancing orbs".

I racked my brain over this one, as I don't have the orb stamps and have never attempted colouring orbs in before, but I have the "White orbs" stencil, so I decided to make a little ATC with Willow the Witch with her cauldron, from which orbs float upwards as she casts her spell!


I cut a piece of stamping card slightly smaller than standard ATC size, and created my night sky with Distress Oxide inks and a circle mask, including some wispy clouds across the moon. I stamped and heat embossed Willow and her cauldron, then "grounded" them with a torn paper mask and sponged DO. I used my orbs stencil to colour various tiny circles using my Sakura Stardust pen, and then dotted the centre of each one with a white gel pen. Finally I stamped my branches and birds which I (clumsily) turned into bats by drawing on them with a black fineliner, highlighted everything with my Sakura stardust pen, and matted the finished piece onto standard ATC size black linen card stock.

Here is the usual angled pic to show the sparkle.


 Stamps: Lavinia Willow the Witch, Birds, Mini Branch;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Black Soot, Chipped Sapphire, Villainous Potion, Seedless Preserves); Versafine Clair (Nocturne); Sakura Stardust pen (clear); white gel pen; black fineliner;
Tools: Lavinia stencil - White Orbs.

Challenges I would like to enter:

A Tiny Craft #14 - Spooky (2nd entry)
ATC's With a Heart #121 - Hallowe'en (2nd entry)
Country View Challenges (October) - Hallowe’en or Harvest (3rd entry)
Crafty Calendar (October) - Hallowe’en (3rd entry)
Creative Knockouts #475 - Hallowe'en - WINNER
Lost Coast Portal to Creativity #153 - 31 Days of Hallowe'en (2nd entry)
Make My Monday #186 - Spooky or Hallowe'en Colours - TOP PICK
The Most Magical Time of the Year #1 - The Most Magical Time of the Year (4th entry) - TOP PICK
Try it On Tuesday - Hallowe'en Time - TOP 5

No more tricks or treats from me for today. Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

14 comments:

Sarn said...

A lovely atmospheric ATC for hallowe’en. Great colours and stamping xxx

Sue said...

This is fabulous Pauline, I love purple for Halloween! Thanks so much for joining in with us at Lost Coast Designs and Country View Crafts and have a very happy week, Sue xx

Tee said...

Spooktacular scene! Love the deep purple & black! Gorgeous Halloween ATC!!

Lorraine said...

A brilliant spooky ATC, love the colour and design
Lorraine x

Laurie said...

Wow! This is spook-tacular! Love the purple and black and your moon silhouetting the witch is wonderful. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

brenda said...

A very spookable (not a word but sounds good) creation Pauline, you can almost hear her uttering the spells.

B x

Joan said...

Very spooky ! love Willow the witch

Thanks for joining in at Try It On Tuesday challenge

Conny said...

Wow.. this is fantastic!
Thanks for joining us at ATCs mit Herz!

Hugs,
Conny

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oooh! This is spooky and fabulous all in one! Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous! love how you've made the orbs, the scene looks very atmospheric and spooky.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril x

SarahR said...

Hello there, your ATC is just amazing - perfect amount of spook for Halloween! Thanks for joining in with us this month at Crafty Calendar Challenge. Sarah - DT

Barbara Godden said...

What an amazing ATC gorgeous coloured background and the focal point is fantastic, thanks for playing along with A Tiny Craft for Spooky.

Cat - Paper Dragonfly, Crazy for Cats, Most Magical Time of the Year said...

Most magical witchie card! Thanks for playing with us at Most Magical Time of the Year Challenges!
Have a wonderful crafty day
Cat 🐱
https://crazyforcatschallenges.blogspot.com
https://paperdragonflycreativechallenges.blogspot.com
https://mostmagicaltimeoftheyear.blogspot.com

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Super toffe kaart. Helemaal leuk. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Make My Monday challenge
Great card, love it. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday challenge

XX
Claudia

DT Make My Monday challenge

Je kan mij nu ook vinden op You tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlT4Rs1DfAZU_GLcM7Kx1g
https://claudiaskaartjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com