Tuesday 11 October 2022

Hubble Bubble ...


Hi there, today I would like to share the results of my first playtime with some of the new stash I bought at Port Sunlight on Saturday. I don’t normally do Hallowe’en, but there are so many challenges out there I thought I’d buy a couple of new Lavinia Hallowe’en stamps so that I could join in 😀


First I stamped and heat embossed Willow the Witch and my tree (it is called “Seasonal Tree” and I chose it primarily to create Autumn cards, but I think it also works very well for Hallowe’en). I then created my background with blended Distress Oxide inks, created a moon halo with a circle mask, and stamped the moon 2nd generation. I stamped my birds (as I don’t have bats !!) and highlighted everything with a selection of Sakura Stardust pens and Posca glitter pens. I also created some sparkly dots to represent the spell bubbling out of the cauldron, and some wisps of mist with a white pastel pencil. 

I only realised when I came to make this card that I don’t have any specific Hallowe’en sentiments, so I finished off with a “magical” sentiment from Crafter’s Companion, and edged the card with sponged black DO to create some depth before matting onto plain black card stock. A fairly simple Hallowe’en card, but effective I think.

Stamps: Lavinia - Willow the Witch, Seasonal Tree, Moon, Birds; sentiment - Crafter’s Companion Enchanted Dreams;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Barn Door, Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber, Black Soot); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Morning Mist); Sakura Stardust pens (red, orange, clear); Posca Sparkle pens (Sparkling Orange, Sparkling Violet); Posca pen (metallic gold); pastel pencil (white);
Tools: Lavinia circle and hill masks.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Aud Sentiments #298 - Hallowe’en/Fall plus a Sentiment
Country View Challenges (October) - Hallowe’en or Harvest
Crafty Calendar (October) - Hallowe’en - TOP 3
Creative Inspirations (October) - Autumn or Hallowe’en
Craft Rocket #97 - Autumn/Hallowe’en
Daisy Chain #68 - Autumn/Hallowe’en
Sheepski #67 - Autumn/ Hallowe’en
Taylormadecards4u (October) - Anything Goes with option Hallowe’en/Fall (2nd entry)
The Most Magical Time of the Year #1 - The Most Magical Time of the Year

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

8 comments:

Gina's Cards said...

Oh WOW, what a beautiful card! The scene you have created is absolutely gorgeous and the colours are so rich! Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx

Sarn said...

A spooktacular Hallowe’en card. Great inking with your new toys xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous, very "magical" and great depth too Lorraine.
Faith x

Francesca said...

Fabulous creation! Thank you for playing at Dragonfly Dreams Challenge!

Monika Gulyas said...

I just love the Halloween scene you created!!! Great colours too!!! Thank you for joining the October challenge of the Country View Challenges!

Craftyfield said...

Fabulous scene! Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges this month!

Cat - Paper Dragonfly, Crazy for Cats, Most Magical Time of the Year said...

Magical and wicked! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Most Magical Time of the Year!
Have a wonderful crafty day!
Cat 🐱
Crazy for Cats Challenges
https://crazyforcatschallenges.blogspot.com
https://paperdragonflycreativechallenges.blogspot.com
https://mostmagicaltimeoftheyear.blogspot.com

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card, I love the Halloween scene you have created. Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Hugs
Bev x