Wednesday, 16 July 2008

ABC "C" Challenge


Well it's time for the ABC "C" challenge , and this week it is to make a card using charms. I thought I would submit this card I made for my friend's birthday, as although it is simple the charm is integral to the card's design rather than being incidental. I used the PB stamp "Light the Night" coloured with pearlescent paints and watercolour pencils, and masked the handbag part of the stamp so I could replace it with a metal handbag charm. I tried to introduce a fun element with the leopardskin organza ribbon and mottled card on the matting. The "birthday" sentiment is a masked stamp from a See-D, and the die cut letters are Cuttlebug Hippie Chick alphabet.

6 comments:

  1. great card! i have that charm too and it's certainly a huge aspect of ur card, thanks for playing again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i think it works fantastically as part of the card x
    thanks for taking part on abc this week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love this card, so different than what I've seen and done with this stamp. Really great x Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for the use of charms, fab card, very bett lynch lol, thanks for taking part. Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Pauline. I love the charm hand bag,
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! love how you used the charm as part of the stamped image!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for looking, and for taking the time to leave a comment - I really appreciate it.
Pauline x