Monday 22 April 2024

Lily of the Valley


Hi everyone, today I would like to share a card I made using a beautiful stamp and die set I won a couple of weeks ago over at the Snippets Playground, and also show you my recent attempt to get a grip of my coloured card snippets.

Last year I bought a 12” square paper holder from Crafter’s Companion which has proven a very neat way of holding my complete sheets of 12x12 card and paper, but sad to say my snippets were inelegantly leaned up against it in a carrier bag in the corner of my craft space! I had reached the stage where I couldn’t find a particular colour card snippet when required so I needed to do something … but said paper holder is now no longer available from CC - and seems to be out of stock almost everywhere - waah! Last week however I managed to track one down with another stockist and also bought the coordinating divider pockets which weirdly are still available from CC … so after a happy hour of sifting and sorting I now have all my card snippets organised by colour family - yippee!! My only complaint is that the labels for the dividers don’t stick, but I can see what’s what and just need to lift one divider pocket out of the bag to look for a given colour card - result!



The first snippet I found and brought into play was a large green one for the frame on my card … here it is.


I cut a piece of white stamping card and created an inky background with smooshed Distress Oxide inks and a little background stamping from an AALL & Create set. I then stamped the flower onto a separate snippet of white card, coloured with Zig pens and Spectrum Noir sparkle pen, and die cut out.


I die cut the stitched frame from my green card snippet, stamped and die cut the tag from a separate white snippet, then assembled the card onto a 7” x 5” card blank.

Stamps: Crafter’s Companion stamp & die set May - Lily of the Valley; AALL & Create #623 Elegant Spring Florals;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Cracked Pistachio); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Warm Breeze); Kuretake Zig Clean Colour watercolour pens; Spectrum Noir sparkle pen (clear);
Tools: CC stamp and die set as above; Hunkydory Moonstone Duo-Stitched Rectangle dies.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Beautiful Blossoms #16 - Anything Floral Goes (2nd entry)
Creative Knockouts #519 - Spring Is In the Air (3rd entry)
Dragonfly Dreams (April) - Use a Die (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Monday) - Make Your Own Background (5th entry)
Unicorn #97 - Use Dies (2nd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #643/644 - Anything Goes (5th entry)

Take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

8 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautiful Lily of the Valley and green frame -These flowers have completely taken over our front side garden.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams.
Carol DT x

Sarn said...

A lovely lily of the valley card using snippets.

Thanks for sharing your snippets storage system too!! Looks very useful.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you in the treehouse for St George’s Day celebrations tomorrow night!!! Xx

Alyson Mayo said...

Very pretty flower with the text behind it. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC :)

Di said...

How lovely to see you using part of your Snippets Playground prize so beautifully Pauline! Great result.

I keep most of my plain snippets in one of the old style expanding folders - bit like an accordion. Your way is much neater!

Hugs
Di xx

brenda said...

Lovely fresh Sprig colours Pauline and a really pretty Lily of the Valley image.

B x

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

mamapez5 said...

Love the Lily of the valley. I seem to have landed on a lot of flower cards today - it must be Spring! The green border sets off the image perfectly. Kate P. x

StampinwithAnita said...

Lovely lovely card and always great to use our "snippets"! I'm inspired to get mine organized now, too. Thank you for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!