Monday 15 April 2024

Pastel floral


Hi everyone, today I would like to share a floral card, the first I have made using an AALL & Create set I have wanted for a while and finally bought in the A&C Easter sale.


I cut a piece of stamping card 6.5” x 4.5” and created a smoosh background with green and lilac Distress Oxide inks. I stamped the focal flower, then stamped again onto separate card, coloured the flower head with Zig markers and Spectrum Noir sparkle pen, then fussy cut out. I added some soft lilac stencilling and background circle stamping in grey, then stamped the birdie in the bottom right corner and added some white Posca spatters. I die cut a grungy circle frame from my new “Heart Nook” set using aqua mirri card and attached, then attached the coloured flower head using silicone glue for dimension and scrunched silver thread.

I stamped and heat embossed the birthday sentiment, cut out and attached, then matted the finished panel onto a black border and 7” x 5” card blank. Finally I added a few dew drop gems - something I have wanted for ages but not seen any small packs but finally found some last week in the Crafter’s Companion shop!!

Here’s an angled pic to show the sparkly flower.


Stamps: AALL& Create #924 Flower Trio, #531 Textured Florals; Tracy Evans Boutique Designs TE4 New Beginnings; sentiment - Text{ures} by Lou Collins “Typography”;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Shaded Lilac, Cracked Pistachio); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Morning Mist); Kuretake Zig Clean Colour watercolour pens; WOW white detail embossing powder; Spectrum Noir sparkle pen (clear); Posca pen (white);
Tools: AALL & Create die #35 Heartnook; Darkroom Door stencil - Diamonds;
Other: Crafter’s Companion dewdrop gems.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Addicted to Stamps and More #465 - Die Cuts and/or Stencils
As You Like It - Favourite Cute or Floral (and why) (2nd entry)
(Floral all the way for me … so many colours and varieties, suitable for all occasions)
Craft Rocket #113 - Layer It Up
Crazy Is Our Fame, Stencils Are Our Game (April) - Use a Stencil with option Spring Flowers
Everybody Art #555 - Numbers (2nd entry)
Fab ‘n’ Funky #593 - Add a Sentiment
Simon Says (Monday) - Make Your Own Background
Sisterhood of Crafters - Showers or Flowers
Triple B (April) - Birds, Butterflies and/or Blooms (2nd entry)
Unicorn #97 - Use Dies

That’s my lot for today - take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

18 comments:

Sarn said...

Well that’s a very pretty card indeed. Love the background smooshed colours and the surrounding ring on the focal point. The flower is lovely. Great use of your new stash. Xxx

brenda said...

Pretty in the Spring colours Pauline, Flower Trio is another fav here.

B x

Uschi said...

Fabulous card! Great color scheme in purple and green. It looks so soft. I love the background with all the stamped circles and numbers. And that beautiful bird is a stunner. The flower looks so beautiful too. Amazing coloring of the blossom.
Thank you for participating in the latest Everybody Art Challenge.
Hugs, Uschi

Chris said...

This is so pretty in the lovely pastel colours, the background is beautiful, great paper piecing of the focal flower.
Thank you for joining us at Fab'n' funky
Chris
x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

The colours and pretty details on this card are gorgeous Pauline.
Lorraine

Ellibelle said...

Absolutely beautiful! I had no idea Aall and Create had an Easter sale but that's probably a good thing as I don't think I have inked half of the stamps yet I bought last year.

Mia said...

Dear Pauline, You are a winner of Craftlandia Challenge. You won a tote back with a bow made by me. Please leave a comment here (https://craftartista.blogspot.com/2024/04/craftlandia-challenge-18-winners-and.html) and send me an email to craftartista@gmail.com to claim your prize. I need your address and I will go to the post office to send your prize. Hugs from Greece, Mia

Becca S said...

Pauline: your bird-day card is less about the bird and more about the gorgeous flower focal along with the techniques you've used for this fabulous card! The layers of details are such a delight to discover while reading how you created this masterpiece! Thanks for sharing at Heart's Quest Celebrations of Love for the April optional event of birthdays/new baby birth! Appreciatively, Becca

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and background Pauline,love the beautiful stamps and die-cut circle.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams.
Carol DT x

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Pauline love that flower also the background a super creation
hugs
lolo x

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous card and the background you created is awesome!

Thanks for sharing with us at ADTSM.

Diane said...

Gorgeous card, I love the design and the pretty pastel of the flower!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun, Triple B and The Sisterhood!
Diane SF, TB Co-Owner and TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

Anke said...

WOW absolutely stunning Pauline, I love your card, fantastic art.

Hugs
Anke

Linby said...

This is so pretty and a lovely colour combo.

Brenda said...

This is such a pretty mixed media card, Pauline! Thanks so much for joining us over at As You Like It Challenge!

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Vickie Y said...

Beautifully designed! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge.

Deanne Saunders said...

...and thanks so much for participating in our DRAGONFLY DREAMS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper