Friday 26 April 2024

Ombré Glitter Blooms


Hi everyone, today I’d like to share a set of ATC’s I made. I first started making ATC’s two years ago, and initially I made them to trade online through eg. Facebook groups. I then started joining in one or two themed swaps in crafting FB groups, eg. Visible Image and Tracy Evans, and as time went on I found that without the “prompt” of a theme my creative mojo stalled so I haven’t really been making any ATC’s “just because”. However I recently bought a gorgeous little pad of ombré glitter card from the Crafter’s Companion shop, and this inspired me to create a new series that I have called Ombré Glitter Blooms.


First I die cut a variety of flower stems from a sheet of the pink/green glitter card, placing the flower heads in the pink area, graduating towards a green stem. I created graduated smoosh backgrounds on stamping card with pink and green Distress Oxide inks, then stamped and heat embossed my background design in white, ensuring that the green area was at the top of each stamped piece. I cut the stamped pieces to 3.25” x 2.25” and added with silver Posca pen. I matted these onto 3.5” x 2.5” pieces of glitter card which were cut to graduate from pink to  green, thus reversing the colour direction of the stamped layer. I attached a die cut flower or 2 to each ATC, which again reversed the direction of the ombré shading. Finally I stamped the wording onto separate card, cut out, edged with silver and attached.

Here are some closeups.





Stamps: AALL & Create #302 Going Postal; Woodware Blooming;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Kitsch Flamingo, Cracked Pistachio); Versafine Clair (Nocturne); Versamark; WOW Ultra fine opaque white embossing powder; Posca pen (silver);
Papers: Crafter’s Companion card pad - Ombré Glitter;
Tools: floral dies (unbranded).

Challenges I would like to enter:

Beautiful Blossoms #16 - Anything Floral Goes (4th entry)
Crafty Gals’ Corner #254 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Dragonfly Dreams (April) - Use a Die (3rd entry)
My Time to Craft #532 - Die-Cuts (2nd entry)
Outlawz (April) - Anything Goes in a Card Free Zone (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes
Stamping  Sensations (April) - Spring Mood Board (3rd entry)
(I have been inspired by the pink and green colours and the flowers)


Unicorn #97 - Use Dies (3rd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #645/646Anything Goes 

I’m hoping to make some more ATC’s in the near future so I can have a go at trading again ..it’s such fun when an envelope drops through the letterbox from some far flung place!

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

10 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely ATCs. Really like the background stamp you used. thanks for joining Stamping Senstions. Anesha

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous ATCs love the beautiful sparkly die-cut flowers and background paper and stamping.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and Stamping Sensations.
Carol DT x

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous set of ATC's Pauline those glittery flowers look wonderful
hugs
lolo x

brenda said...

A pretty collection of ATC's Pauline and taking the colour inspiration from our mood board, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Sarn said...

Great backgrounds and lovely floral focal points. Each ATC is a mini work of art. Love them. Xxx

Sandra said...

these are all gorgeous ATC's!!!! Thanks for joining The Outlawz ATG in a cardfree zone challenge!!

Linby said...

These are wonderful. I actually thought your backgrounds were stamped, but I have a pad with a similar effect, so thanks for the inspiration.

Mrs.B said...

A lovely collection of ATCs, love the inky backgrounds, such gorgeous colours for the sparkly flowers.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations. Avril x

Card Creator said...

This is stunning! I love the sparkle and texture you show...just wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at My Time to Craft
~Tamara

Donna Walls said...

The die cut florals are so pretty using glitter card. Wonderful ATCs Pauline.Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon!
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenges