Saturday 20 April 2024

Winter Magic


Hi everyone, today I’ve moved from one extreme to the other … my previous post was filled with sunny colours and spring flowers and bees … so today’s share is a Christmas card in cool wintry hues! As happens every year I’m not exactly on track with my Christmas makes, so I thought I’d better sneak one in whilst I was in the mood!! 


I cut a square of stamping card and used circle and hill masks to create my background snowy hills and sky with blended Della Blue Elements ink. I then stamped the pheasant in Nocturne, and the trees in 1st/2nd generation Twilight Versafine Clair. I then removed the mask and stamped the pinecone branches around the edge of the circle and mini pinecones in the bottom corner. I highlighted the scene with my clear Sakura Stardust pen, added some white Posca snow to the fence and trees and Spectrum Noir sparkle pen to the snow drifts, then stamped the sentiment and added some Posca snowfall to that too. 

I still felt it needed something more, so I replaced the mask and stamped background Christmas wording using Elements ink (my VFC shades of blue weren’t quite right … oh how I want a few of the new VFC colours if they ever come back into stock anywhere !!). Finally I added some Posca dots of falling snow and matted the finished piece onto dark blue card stock and a 6” square card blank. 

Here’s an angled pic to show some of the sparkle.


Stamps: Lavinia Pheasant, Small Pine Trees, Fir Cone Branch, Mini Pine Cone, Winter Magic,  Christmas Greetings;
Media: Lavinia Elements ink (Della Blue); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Twilight); Sakura Stardust pen (clear); Spectrum Noir sparkle pen (clear); Posca pen (white);
Tools: Press To Impress circle mask; Lavinia Mini Hills masks.

Challenges I would like to enter:

12 Months of Christmas #109 - Anything Christmas Goes
ABC Christmas Challenge - I Is For Inky
Alphabet Challenge - B is for Birds
Christmas Craft Creations (April) - Non-Traditional Colours


C.R.A.F.T. #716 - Christmas
FarmQuest Country Christmas #7 - Anything Country Christmas Goes
FarmQuest General Store #15 - Anything Farm or Country Goes
Festive Fridays (April) - Christmas (2nd entry)
Make My Monday #223 - Nat. picture of a Bird - TOP 3
My Time to Craft Christmas #84 - Non-Traditional Christmas Colours - TOP 3
Simon Says (Monday) - Make Your Own Background (4th entry) - DESIGNER SPOTLIGHT
Sparkles Christmas #159 - Non-Traditional Colours
Word Art Wednesday #643/644 - Anything Goes (4th entry)

Hope you’re having a nice weekend, whatever you’re doing. Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

16 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Christmas card and design,love the stamped scene and great masking.
Carol x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A wonderful Christmas scene Pauline, love the shades of icy blue and sparkle.
Lorraine

Becca S said...

I love to see pheasants any time of the year! This guy went high to the fence post to survey his kingdom!...field! Your choice of monochrome light wintery look is terrific for this outdoor Christmas scene card! Thanks for sharing at FQGS and FQCCCB!! We appreciate the support of your time and talents! --Becca

Becca Sadler said...

I'm back for MTTCC's non-traditional Christmas colors theme challenge! Thanks for entering your wintery scene! I enjoy seeing your work multiple times! Sometimes I spot some detail that I didn't before! :)

Sarn said...

A stunning winter scene in hues of blue. So magical - I may have to bagsey it for Christmas! LOL!!! Xxx

brenda said...

A pretty Winter scene Pauline.

B x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A beautiful card
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge.
Good luck Ginny DT for CRAFT Challenge Blog

Dawn Phillips said...

This is so pretty. I love it. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

Melanie Hungerford said...

Beautiful card, the monotone color palette you used creates such a nice winter feel. Thanks for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge!

cheiro urgia said...

You've created a fantastic Christmas/winter card. I'm amazed by the detail that went into your project, and I can imaginne that it must have taken quite some time to create something as beautiful as this. The different shades of blue go so well together when it comes to creating a mystical forest scenery, and the white background is perfect to indicate a winter wonderland full of snow. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

Hugs, Veronika

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful festive creation Pauline the scene looks amazing it is somewhere I would love to be
hugs
lolo x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Stunning card and beautiful composition Pauline. You asked about double die cutting? I may have got the description wrong, but I used the square dies to cut a rectangle shape, by cutting twice, so it's to size. I hope that makes sense? x

Kerry Charles said...

A stunning Christmas card. Thanks for joining us this week at CRAFT Challenge. Kerry (DT)

Sheryl said...

A pretty monochrome card Pauline.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

Inkyfingers said...

You've created such a peaceful, frosty festive scene here Pauline, and you chose the perfect colours for creating that wonderful atmosphere.
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.
Hugs
Carol x

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so pretty. Love the monochromatic blues! Thanks for joining us over at the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge.