Sunday 7 April 2024

Typographic Birthday


Hi everyone,  today I would like to share a very simple card I made with the cover gift stamp set with this month’s “Creative Stamping” magazine. I never normally buy craft magazines, in fact I haven’t bought one for years, but I do glance at them if I’m passing a magazine stockist. I was really taken with the stamp set this month which consists of typewriters, various sentiments in typewriter font, and other co-ordinating decorative elements. There is also a small double stencil set which I also really like so overall the magazine was a great buy.  Here’s my first make with them … very straightforward and quick, but the stamps stamped beautifully so I’m very pleased with how it turned out.


I cut a 5” square of white stamping card and stamped the typewriter and sentiment, then stamped background text in opposite corners. I stencilled the jumbled letters in red then matted onto black and red card stock and a card blank - that’s it! It usually takes me hours to make a card as I’m a slow crafter, so this was a refreshing change as I fitted it in whilst I was supposedly clearing the table! This stamp set has the potential to make much more intricate cards too, so hopefully there will be more to come.

Stamps: Text{ures} by Lou Collins “Typography”;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink (Barn Door); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Tulip Red);
Tools: stencil - Text{ures} by Lou Collins “Typography”.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Creative Knockouts #518 - Birthday Wishes!
If You Give a Crafter a Cookie #191 - Happy Birthday - TOP 5
Love to Craft #79 - Anything Goes (4th entry) - WINNER
Mix It Up #70 - Anything Goes (5th entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Happy Birthday!
Word Art Wednesday #641/642 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)

Take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

15 comments:

Jinny said...

What a great masculine card. Love your color combo. Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

brenda said...

Like you I don't buy magazines, but if you see something that appeals it's a different matter. This would work for man or woman I think, funnily enough I have one or two typewriter shares to come, not a design that I would have bought but enjoyed the new A&C new washi tape with them on.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

I've not bought one since Craft Stamper closed.Great card love the Vintage typewriter and script stamps a nd the stencilling just balances up the design-love it.
Carol x

coldwaters2 said...

What a fantastic stamp Pauline I don't buy magazines anymore they are too expensive but like you if they are in my line of vision I will have a look at what they are offering, just in case, I think you have done a brilliant card the background stamping the main stamp and sentiment it looks ACE well done
hugs
lolo x

Darlene said...

Just perfect Pauline! This card would qualify over on our WORD POWER challenge too. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Simply Clean & Simple challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Chris said...

They are great stamps Pauline, I think I would have been tempted too if I'd seen it. Your CAS card is fabulous.
xx

Karen Letchworth said...

This is fantastic, Pauline. I love all things vintage/antique so the typewriter image drew my eye right away. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. I appreciate you and every piece of art you share with us at Word Art Wednesday. God bless you and please visit us again soon.

HilaryJane said...

Looks like that was a good buy. I love what you have done with the stamp and stencil. A great card. I don't often buy magazines either but did buy the recent edition of die cutting essentials for the Spellbinders ampersand die. I have used it twice already, so that's good. I also need to make a vintage card, so thanks for the inspiration on this one. It has a lovely vintage feel xx

Leanne said...

Wonderful card I like those vintage stamps, wonderful background too, thanks for playing our Stamps challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge. Have a wonderful day!

Leanne DT Member/KCC
Krafty Chicks Challenge

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Very nicely done! It is beautiful!
Thank you for joining us this week at
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges .
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Blessings! Jeanie Ellis, DT, Crafty Gals Corner
www.craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com

Sarn said...

What a super card this is Pauline. You've put the freebie stamps to good use here. xxx

Melanie Hungerford said...

Wonderful card! I love that image and using it in a CAS design really keeps it center stage. Thanks so much for joining us at Simply Clean & Simple!

Linby said...

As I can't resist a typewriter I'm sure I will be getting this set at some point! Like you I think it's a great set and you've used these elements to make a fab card.

Deanne Saunders said...

Great card!!!! Thanks so much for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Carole J said...

I love your beautiful vintage typewriter card, Pauline. Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” April Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations