Saturday 24 February 2024

Vintage Tag


Hi everyone, I never normally make tags for some unknown reason - in fact I can only ever remember making one before - but I had recently been considering buying a grungy style tag die. However during my recent craft show visit a beautiful Woodware vintage style tag stamp caught my eye and it sent my crafty thoughts in a whole new direction. Here is my first vintage-style tag made with this stamp.


I stamped the tag onto cream stamping card using Pinecone Versafine Clair, then distressed it by blending Speckled Egg and Scorched Timber Distress Oxide inks from the edges inwards.  I stamped two butterflies off the edge, then some 2nd generation background grungy text in Acorn VFC. I added some stamped grungy hearts and a beetle, then coloured the butterfly wings and hearts using Distress Watercolor pencils, adding some sparkle to the butterfly wings with Wink of Stella (which the camera doesn't catch unfortunately). I stamped the words onto a separate snippet of card, cut out, distressed and attached. Finally I fussy cut the tag out then punched a hole and threaded with jute twine.

I also stamped on the back and distressed the edges - I’m loving the new Scorched Timber DOX for a vintage look.


Stamps: Woodware Old Paper Tag, Butterfly, Additions (background text), Blooming (hearts), Mini Flower Silhouettes (beetle); AALL & Create #533 Bring On the Sentiments, #984 Tag o Tag (text on back);
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Speckled Egg, Scorched Timber); Distress watercolor pencils (Mermaid Lagoon, Salvaged Patina, Speckled Egg, Kitsch Flamingo); Versafine Clair (Pinecone, Acorn); Wink of Stella.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Allsorts #769 - Things That Fly
Crafty Addicts #10 - Anything Goes
My Time to Craft #528 - Make Your Own Background
NBUS #59 - Use Your Never-Before-Used-Schtuff
(vintage tag stamp and Scorched Timber DOX)
Outlawz (February) - Anything Goes In a Card Free Zone (3rd entry)
Simon Says (Monday) - Not a Card
Stamping Sensations (February) - Animals, Birds and Creatures (3rd entry)
Tag Tuesday - Asemic Writing (wordless open semantic form of writing)
Triple B (February) - Birds, Butterflies and/or Blooms (3rd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #635/636 - Anything Goes (5th entry)

I really enjoyed trying something a bit different, and I have several other ideas for tags using this stamp, so watch this space!!

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

19 comments:

brenda said...

A lovely Vintage feel created on your tag Pauline, I never used to make many either, but new dies from a certain source and I've upped my game.

The Butterflies make it perfect at Allsorts and Stamping Sensations challenges, many thanks for sharing at both.

B x

Sarn said...

A beautiful tag with a lovely vintage feel to it. xxx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Vintage tag stamp,love the butterflies and grungy background.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts, and Stamping Sensations.
Carol DT x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning tag Pauline, I love the stamps and the mix of colours, I've just bought the scorched timber, but hadn't put 2+2 together to make vintage. A fabulous mix. x

coldwaters2 said...

What an amazing tag Pauline it is fantastic I am so glad that your Woodware stamps are taking you on a different journey of crafting because so far it looks like one that is going to be bump free and a joy to travel I love the grungy tag and the stamps you have used you have worked your magic once again can I also thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Vintage tag and grungy background,love the butterflies too.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts and Stamping Sensations.
Carol DT x

Liz said...

Beautiful tag Pauline, great design. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Things That Fly option.
Liz xx

Becca Sadler said...

Gorgeous collage style tag without lots of layers of stamping! Such a pretty little gift tag! Thanks for sharing at MTTC's create your own background! --Becca

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Loving the vintage feel to this tag, a super new stamp to add to your collection which can be used on it's own or as a feature on a card, great purchase.
Lorraine

Diane said...

A lovely vintage tag, love making tags myself and yours is so inspiring!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Jules said...

Hi Pauline
OMG!!
I have missed so much on your lovely blog .. .. HUGE apologies. Life has been very, very busy just recently.
I love your tag very, very much.
Funnily enough I cut quite a few tags from my waste card yesterday ahead of our impending home move .. .. I thought if I couldn't make cards I could at least make some tags because I always end up scratting about and making a tag at the last minute when giving a gift. A "finished and ready to go" stash of them to dip into would be an amazing thing to own .. .. but I doubt any of them will be this beautiful!
I love it!
Hope you have had a good weekend.
Love Jules xx

Ellibelle said...

This is really beautiful! Love the vintage feel and a great way to use the butterfly! I don't make tags often and when I do they usually are used as bookmarks :)
Great to see you sharing this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge and also at Allsorts!

Susan Renshaw said...

What a fabulous tag!

Linby said...

A wonderful vintage tag with great stamp placement and colours.

Mrs.B said...

A great tag Pauline, love the grungy vintage look to this but still very feminine with the addition of the butterflies.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
Avril xx

Sandra Wright. said...

Hi Pauline, I was just checking that I had left comments on the entries to our challenge and noticed several that I know I commented on are not showing as published, yours included. I can only think the issue I had with blogger the other day wasn't working as it should.
I know I commented on your wonderful tag, because I wrote how lucky you were to come across such a great stamp.
I think your tag is fabulous, love the shape and color palette and of course the asemic writing.
Thank you for joining in with our challenge at Tag Tuesday, hope to see you again.x

Michele said...

it is a stunningly beautiful tag which anyone would be lucky to receive! thanks for linking to tag tuesday. xo

pinky said...

Your vintage tag is so cool Pauline, and perfect for our challenge theme! Thanks for playing along with us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky

Hi! I'm Shirley and said...

Lovely tag, Pauline! Thanks for sharing it with us in the Anything Goes in a Card Free Zone Challenge at the Outlawz Challenges. Shirley