Friday 16 February 2024

Live Every Moment, Laugh Every Day


Hi everyone, I was really excited at the start of the week when I took delivery of some of Tracy Evans' new stamps - her first release under her own brand. This is the result of my first playtime, combining the new stamps with an older one. 


I cut a square of stamping card and created a smoosh background with pink and grey Distress Oxide inks. (Actually I had about three attempts before I was happy, but let's draw a veil over that!). I then stamped my background "Art" wording in Morning Mist Versafine Clair, using the technique of not attaching the stamp to a stamping block ... it didn't work great on this occasion but I carried on regardless!! I also stamped further background stamps around the edges, then stamped the bird in Nocturne in the bottom corner.  I stamped my flowers onto separate card, coloured them with Picked Raspberry Distress watercolour pencil, then fussy cut out.  I matted the panel onto a black border and a 6" card blank before attaching the flowers using silicone glue and some scrunched cotton thread behind the flowers ... it's the first time I have used scrunched up thread and I don't think I've got the knack yet as I could NOT make it behave itself!!  Finally I stamped, cut out and attached the sentiments, then added some white Posca spatters.

Stamps: Tracy Evans Boutique Designs TE4 New Beginnings, TE6 Branched Heart; AALL & Create #909 Garden Notes; Pink Frog Designs Typewriter Sentiments;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Kitsch Flamingo, Hickory Smoke); Distress watercolor pencil (Picked Raspberry); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Morning Mist, Charming Pink); Posca pen (white).

Challenges I would like to  enter:

Allsorts #767 - Hearts (2nd entry)
Beautiful Blossoms #14 - Anything Floral Goes with optional Mood Board


Crafty Calendar (February) - Add a Heart (2nd entry)
Daisy Chain #82 - Flowers
Double D - Heartfelt (2nd entry)
Dragonfly Dreams (February) - Hearts (2nd entry)
Inkspirational #309 - Hearts (2nd entry)
Moving Along With the Times #163 - Love Hearts (2nd entry)
Simply Create Too #197 - Include a Heart (2nd entry)
Sparkles #173 - Hearts and Flowers - TOP 3
Stamping Sensations (February) - Animals, Birds and Creatures
Tracy Evans FB Challenge (February) - Heartfelt (2nd entry)
Triple B (February) - Birds, Butterflies and/or Blooms (2nd entry)
Try It On Tuesday - Hearts and/or Flowers (2nd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #635/636 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

I'm hoping more cards will soon follow with these lovely new stamps. Until then, take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,
 

23 comments:

Sarn said...

A lovely card with a great background (worth the different attempts!). Fab floral focal point in pink too. Altogether a wonderful card. x

Liz said...

Gorgeous card. Pauline. Great background for your beautiful flowers. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
Liz xx

brenda said...

Great results from your first play with the new stamps Pauline, thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts and Stamping Sensations challenges.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and flowers love all the stamps and great background.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams
Stamping Sensations.
Carol DT x

Ellibelle said...

A really beautiful creation using Tracy's new stamps, absolutely stunning!

Darlene said...

Oh Pauline, what an awesome creation! Those pink flowers really pop and love the splatter (I never think to do that!!) Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B & Double D challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Darlene said...

Back again and I still ** LOVE ** this card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Beautiful Blossoms! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
BB DT
BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Pauline, I love the inky background and the flower is so pretty - such a gorgeous colour
Lorraine x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Pauline this is beautiful I do so admire how you try out these new techniques I have loads of inks but never do anything with them I think I am stuck in my ways of just stamping and colouring so it really is fantastic to see something like this I even love the string of cotton you have displayed behind the flowers al in all this is a superb work of art
hugs
lolo x

Liz said...

Popping back to say thank you for also sharing your beautiful card in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month.
Liz xx

Kathyk said...

SUCH a delightful make and I am loving the pop of that vibrant pink too

Have a great weekend

Kathyk

Diane said...

Absolutely gorgeous, you make the most beautiful cards!! I sent you a couple emails yesterday about your GD spot at TB, did you receive them? Hoping to hear from you soon!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms, Triple B and Double D!
Diane BB DT, TB and DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Beautiful Blossoms}

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful pink and grey combination here, love the stamping and tiny details which create a fabulous finished card.
Lorraine

P-and-P said...

This card is beautiful. :)

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks so much for participating in our DRAGONFLY DREAMS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Linby said...

Pink and grey are so pretty together and the white splatters really finish it off beautifully.
BTW the dies you asked about on my blog are by Daisy Mae but I don't think you can get them anymore.
https://www.craftstash.co.uk/daisy-mae-design-die-set-nested-distressed-rectangles-torn-edge-set-of-9.html

pinky said...

Pauline your card is just so beautiful. Love the colour of the flowers. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Judy Woodland said...

How pretty!! I love everything about this, all your elements work perfectly together. That crow with the heart in his beak, and the splatter on the flowers are so creative. Lots of wonderful work here and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D, I hope se see you back again soon.
Judy~ DD DT Designer

Pia S said...

This is so beautiful, I love how the pink flowers stand out from the detailed background in grey. Thanks for joining our challenge at Try It On Tuesday.

Pia S said...

Stopping by again to say thanks for joining us over at INKspirational too!

Joan said...

Fabulous card, love the backgroun and your colour combinations too

Thanks for joining in at Try It On Tuesday challenge
Joan

Mrs.B said...

Just catching up on comments - love this one. The flowers look stunning against your grungy background.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
Avril xx

Kim said...

Beautiful card. The pink flowers are stunning. Thanks for joining the challenge at Crafty Gals Corner.