Thursday 22 February 2024

Glittering Heart


Hi everyone, today I would like to share a card I made for no other reason than fun and a few challenges. This week’s Allsorts challenge is on the theme of Shades of Pink, and there are still a number of love and heart themed challenges around; so I thought I would make an  anniversary card for my stash. 


I cut a 5 1/2 “ square of stamping card, and blended Versamark through my Visible image “Heart Ink” stencil then heat embossed with pink embossing glitter that I picked up at the recent craft show. This ended up a bit rough and ready - embossing glitter is SO messy, it seemed to get everywhere despite me using an anti-static cloth on my card - but luckily it is meant to be a grungy heart so I carried on regardless!!   I stamped the cute mice Tilly and Tango holding hands (something I’ve wanted to do for a while!!💕) then stamped some mini hearts which I turned into balloons by hand drawing strings with a black fineliner pen. I also stamped a hanging heart that they are both holding 💕 and grounded them using my Mini Hill masks and a faint touch of Distress Oxide. I added a little shadow with a Zig pen and stamped the sentiment, then matted onto a black border and a 6” card blank.

Here is an angled picture to show the glitter.


Stamps: Lavinia Tilly and Tango, Fairy Charms, Single Heart Mini, Group of Hearts Mini; Woodware Happy Anniversary;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink (Black Soot); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Charming Pink); Versamark; WOW embossing glitter (Petalicious); gel pen (white);
Tools: Visible Image Heart Ink stencil; Lavinia Mini Hills masks.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Allsorts #768 - Shades of Pink
Colourful Options (February) - Pink (2nd entry)
Country View Crafts FB Challenge (February) - It's All About Love (2nd entry)
Crafty Calendar (February) - Add a Heart (3rd entry)
Crafty Gals’ Corner #252 - Add a Heart (2nd entry)
Crazy Is Our Fame, Stencils Are Our Game (February) Use a Stencil with option Love/Hearts (2nd entry)
Creations In Pink #67 - Anything Goes In Mainly Pink
Dragonfly Dreams (February) - Hearts (3rd entry)
Hand Stamped Sentiments #432 - Mood Board Inspiration


Heart’s Quest Celebrations of Love (February) - Wedding / Engagement / Anniversary (2nd entry)
Inkspirational #309 - Hearts (3rd entry)
Krafty Chicks #704 - All Occasions
Make My Monday #219 - Love (2nd entry)
Moving Along With the Times #163 - Love Hearts (3rd entry)
Stamping Sensations (February)  - Animals, Birds and Creatures (2nd entry)
We Love Stamping (February) - Romance (3rd entry)

I think I’m all romanced out now! 🥰 Take care everyone, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

24 comments:

brenda said...

A bit of sparkle is always nice Pauline and isn't this a lovely heart stamp with the grungy elements. Perfect for our themes at Allsorts, Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Chris said...

A sweet and pretty Anniversary card Pauline, I love these little mice, some of my favourite Lavinia stamps, they're so versatile!
xx

Ellibelle said...

This is so cute Pauline, so fun and creative how you turned the hearts into balloons for the mice. Really loving how this turned out! Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!
PS: Can you please message me and let me know if you received my new email? I'm thinking it could have ended in spam so I would love to know if it went through. Hate when email providers are unreliable!!

Becca S said...

This is so very sweet! I love the heart aperture, glitter, and overall design! A very nice anniversary card! Adorable! Thanks for sharing at HQCOLCB!!! --Becca

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Pauline what a beautiful creation that embossed sparkly heart is awesome so is the image and the additional hearts you added a stupendous card thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

Fiona said...

Lovely card Pauline - love all that glitter and sparkle. Thanks for sharing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful anniversary card,love the cute mice and the grungy sparkly heart.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and Stamping Sensations.
Carol DT x

Chris said...

Me again! Just popped back to thank you for sharing your beautiful card at Crafty Calendar and at Stamping Sensations.
Chris
x

Linby said...

this is a wonderful design, especially the use of the hearts.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How sweet, cute and romantic card, and such creative way to stretching the mice stamps adding the string and changing the hearts in balloons! Love all the sparkling on the beautiful grunge heart!
Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us at We Love Stamping!

Sarn said...

A cute anniversary card with the dancing mice inside the embossed heart. Xxx

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Pauline. Great design and I just love those little mice. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Pink option.
Liz xx

Dena J said...

Beautiful sparkly heart and love the dancing celebration! Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

Kristin Sluhan said...

I love that you continued on with your glitter, because it's fantastic! I'm a glitter girl myself and your solution to the problem is perfection...I will have to try this myself! I'm glad you shared this with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters, we love seeing you work in our gallery and hope to see more of it soon!
Kristin
SOC DT

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Pauline it is lovely to be able to see this beauty again and to thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping
hugs
lolo x

Darlene said...

Awe ... how sweet this is Pauline! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN & Sisterhood of Crafters challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Billie A said...

so cute. Darling little mice and love the hearts and color. So glad you shared over at Make my Monday, Crafty Gals Corner

Francesca said...

Very pretty card! Thank you for playing at Dragonfly Dreams Challenge!

baileyrosy.com said...

Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous pink creation with us at Colorful Options. I love your mice they look so incredibly happy sitting inside that perfect pink heart.


Marie

Mervi said...

Fabulous and lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts and at We Love Stamping;-))m

The Crafty Den said...

A gorgeous anniversary card Pauline. I love the stamped mice holding the heart (and the heart balloon) and your embossed, grungy heart is beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks challenge. Hugs, Denise, DT x x

Dora said...

So cute. nice stamping. Beautiful card.Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations

Mrs.B said...

This is so sweet, Tilly & Tango make the perfect pair inside that glittery heart. A great design Pauline.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
Avril xx

Stampin by Genny said...

What a lovely anniversary card! I especially like the images of the mice celebrating. Super cute! Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.