Wednesday 14 February 2024

Love You to the Moon and Back


Hi everyone, today is of course Valentine's Day. so I would like to share the card I made for my darling husband. I don't know if I'm alone here, but I struggle making romantic occasion cards for him as I feel I can’t keep going back to the same images but when I buy new ones I don’t have other occasions to use them for!

However, this year I did have an idea and hoped to get the necessary stamps using a prize voucher I had, but due to stock unavailability that didn't work out and I left it too late to order online - oh dear! Luckily there was a craft show on at Leigh near Wigan on Sunday which is just over half an hour's drive from where I live, so I had the excuse to go and have a good look round. I managed to be fairly restrained, but I DID get the stamps I was looking for for Valentine's Day - a fairy couple, sentiment, and the li'l group of hearts - here's the result.  


I cut a 6.5" square of white stamping card, and used a heart stencil, positioning my stamp so I could position a circle mask for the moon. I then blended Elements inks to create a heart shaped background. After removing the masks I stamped my focal fairy couple and hearts, then stamped some delicate foliage in grey all the way round the edge of the heart. I coloured the fairies' wings with Sakura Stardust pens and Spectrum Noir sparkle pen, added Stardust pen and white Posca highlights, and coloured the stones with my Zig pens. I stamped and heat embossed the stars and added more tiny stars with white Posca pen, then matted the panel onto a dark blue border and an 8" square card blank. To finish I stamped the sentiment onto separate card, cut out, edged in black and attached popped up on foam tape. 

I also decorated the envelope to match, following the same method for colouring the fairies. 


Stamps: Lavinia Star Gazing, Flower Collection, Words From the Heart, Group of Hearts Mini, Stars 1 Mini;
Media: Lavinia Elements inks (Dark Denim, Violet Chalk, Graphite); Kuretake Zig Clean Colour  watercolour brush pens; Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Morning Mist); red ink pad (unbranded); Versamark; WOW Bright Opaque White embossing powder ultra fine; Sakura Stardust pens (pink, blue, clear); Spectrum Noir sparkle pen (clear);
Tools: Heart Stencil; Lavinia Circle Masks.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Allsorts #767 - Hearts
Aud Sentiments #310 - Love + a Sentiment
C.R.A.F.T. #708 - Love/Valentine (2nd entry)
Crazy Is Our Game, Stencils Are Our Game (February) - Use a Stencil with option Love/Hearts
Creative Inspirations (February) - For Someone You Love
Double Trouble #259 - Love Is In the Air (2nd entry) - TOP 3
Get Creative #128 - Love Me Do
Heart’s Quest Fantasy Challenge (February) - Anything Fantasy Goes with option Cupid - TOP 3
The Male Room #183 - Valentine/Use a Heart


Simon Says (Wednesday) - Love Is In the Air (2nd entry)
We Love Stamping (February) - Romance (2nd entry)

Hope you're having a lovely day whatever you're doing.

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

26 comments:

Linby said...

This is beautiful and a great reason to buy new stamps! I love the way you put the hearts in the moon and decorated the envelope too. Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping and Allsorts challenges.

brenda said...

Pleased you got the stamps you wanted at the show Pauline and what a super card you made with it. Perfect for our themes at Allsorts and We Love Stamping challenges, thank you.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful card, the stamps and sentiment are perfect-well worth the inconvenience of having to visit a craft show lol.
Carol x
Pearly Sparkles and Dragonfly Dreams also have heart challenges.
Carol DT x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word what a beautiful, romantic, magical card Pauline it is full of love and an amazing scene you have created thank you for joining us at both Allsorts and We Love Stamping
hugs
lolo x

Chris said...

A beautiful romantic card, love your design and the fabulous stamps, those little elves are one of my favourites.
xx

Pamela said...

love the details of wreath that you've added around the heart. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room heart challenge

Kellianne said...

This fairy couple is so cute and your husband is sure to love this card!! Thank you for sharing this great valentine with us at Double Trouble :)

Sarah said...

What a wonderful card!! Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

Dena J said...

Marvelous!! I love the branches around the large heart and beautiful shading, Pauline. Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts.

Sarn said...

Adorable card full of love on Valentine’s Day. Great excuse to buy stamps!! X

Diane said...

So very beautifully creative!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

Ellibelle said...

So glad you were able to get this cute stamp, it's perfect for the occasion and your card turned out so beautifully! And I totally know what you mean.. even though I have lots of stamps I still seem to reach for similar stamps for similar occasions. Not just for hubby but last year my daughter told me I had used the same stamp for her birthday card about 3 times. Oh well, she still loved it and it was a different design just the same image :) And it's nice that she actually remembers cards I made her before.

Linby said...

Hi Pauline - here is the link for the lattice card tutorial, you can buy the die from Ann too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSZHYAoKm-4&t=370s

Helen said...

Beautiful, Pauline - love how you framed the heart with the foliage.

Thanks for sharing it at the Double Trouble Challenge.

Helen x
Crazy Cousin

Melanie R said...

Beautiful, Pauline! You are so blessed to be able to celebrate the good times and special days with your husband. Your card is lovely. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #159. - Melanie R.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

The foliage along the heart was such a creative way to frame your heart... The fairy image is perfect in your frame and love the pop of the red hearts. Gorgeous card and thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

Becca S said...

Oh, Pauline!!! How sweet this is! Thanks so much for sharing this at Heart's Quest Celebrations of Love's February optional theme of Valentine's Day! Come back sometime for the monthly themes of engagements, weddings, and anniversaries when you can! (Don't forget that this can be shared at The Fairy and the Unicorn challenge blog. I've renamed it to Heart's Quest Fantasy but we're still using the TFATU web address.) Looking forward to seeing more of your artistry throughout blogland, Becca

Donna Scholz said...

Pauline, a work of love for sure! I really like how you gave the illusion of lace trim, but in a masculine way with branches!! Thank you for sharing your card and your "arduous" trip to the craft show :-) with us here at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

cass said...

Lovely Valentine card, thanks for joining us at The Outlawz, Festive Fridays

Becca S said...

Squeal!!! I'm back for Heart's Quest Fantasy (former TFATU) and I'm thrilled that you linked up your fairy couple card to our challenge blog! It would be fantastic to have you link your fairy cards here (any season/occasion) and also another other fantasy creature/character mentioned in our lists. There's still many days left in February so you can link up 4 more if you want! :) --Becca

Dawn Phillips said...

This is simply perfect. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

Just Peachy Stamping said...

Such a beautiful card. Your masking skills are perfect! I love the colors you used. Thanks for playing along with our Cardz 4 Guyz challenge! I hope to see you in the gallery for our next challenge. Sue - DT

dj said...

Those penguins are so stinking cute!! Sweet little lovers!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our masculine LOVE challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Today we start a new challenge for guyz...hope you will join in that challenge too!!
Deb Horst, DT C4G340

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a fun card! Those two fairies are just sweet - thanks for joining in at TMR

Karen Letchworth said...

This is so pretty, Pauline. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. I always appreciate it very much.
Karen

Nonni said...

Such an unique card! Love your stamping and design. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational and I hope to see you joining our new moodboard challenge!