Wednesday 21 February 2024

I Spy With My Little Eye #12

Hi everyone, it's the third Wednesday in the month again, so it’s time for a new I Spy With My Little Eye... challenge over at Ellibelle's Corner.  Thanks so much to everyone who joined in last time … please do check over on Ellie’s blog to see if you are one of our top picks. 

I have chosen the challenge theme this month, and it is

I Spy With My Little Eye 

 Something Beginning With "B" 

There are plenty of options with this theme so we hope you can join us. Please do pop over to Ellie's blog to see her fab creation and link up your entries here 

We also have two guest designers this month - Jennifer and  Pia - so please click on their names to visit their blogs and see their wonderful interpretations of this month’s challenge theme. 

As I mentioned on a previous post, I recently visited a papercraft show around a half hour drive from my home … ostensibly to buy a couple of stamps for Valentine’s Day, but of course I also had a good look around while I was there. I didn’t go overboard, but I did spend some time looking at a fab display of Woodware stamps - I do like them though I don’t have many. Anyway my interest was piqued by the “bubble” range of stamps with co-ordinating dies … not only were the display sample cards very pretty but it also dawned on me that this set is the ultimate way to use up snippets - especially little snippets of glitter card - yay!! This is a bit different for me but it was really fun, and I can foresee using various colour combos with it.

So here is my card for the challenge - bubble blooms, birthday and butterfly.


I cut a panel of white stamping card using a stitched rectangle die, then stamped the image and sentiment. I used the matching bubble die to cut small circles from two snippets of glitter card, then glued them to the image (which was actually very therapeutic). I coloured the smallest flower circles with watered down silver Posca pen and the leaves with my Zig watercolour pens, then highlighted both with Wink of Stella. Finally I die cut a stitched rectangle mat from a snippet of lilac pearlescent card, matted everything onto a 7” x 5” card blank and finished off with a silver mirri card die cut butterfly.

Here's an angled picture to capture some of the glitter and sparkle.


Stamps: Woodware Bubble Bloom - Sophie;
Media: Versafine Clair (Nocturne); Kuretake Zig Clean Coour watercolour brush pens; Posca pen (silver); Wink of Stella;
Tools: Woodware Bubble die; Hunkydory Moonstone Duo-Stitched Rectangle dies; ?? butterfly die.

Challenges I would like to enter:

AAA Challenge #259 - Anything CAS Goes with option Birthday Card


Beautiful Blossoms #14 - Anything Floral Goes (3rd entry)
Creative Knockouts #515 - Die Cuts/Punches/Stencils
Creative Moments #255 - CAS (2nd entry)
Fab 'n' Funky #589 - Paper Piecing - TOP 3
Word Art Wednesday #635/636 - Anything Goes (4th entry)

The I Spy challenge will end on the Sunday before the next challenge starts at 23:59 US Central Time - so this time that is Sunday March 17th, and the next challenge will begin on Wednesday March 20th.

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

18 comments:

Jennifer said...

Such a gorgeous card Pauline...I love all the sparkle and the pretty pastel colours. Thank you for choosing my card over at I Spy With My Little Eye, resulting in the invitation to be a guest designer. Jennifer. x

kareN stampZ said...

Pauline what a pretty and sparkly card, I love the bubbles as bloom for the flower what a fun card. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards and taking the twist challenge to create a birthday card too.

brenda said...

A lovely design with the Woodware stamp, I always think they are such good value for money and over the years quality has never wavered. Used to use them in class a lot and even back then they had bubble designs.

B x

Melanie Hungerford said...

Fabulous design, that glitter paper sure brings that flower to life! Such pretty colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Simply Clean & Simple!

Pat said...

Beautiful card with lots of lovely pastel bubbles Pauline, thanks for joining in our challenge at Fab'n'Funky.

Pat xx

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous CAS card and love the beautiful bubble flower and sparkle.
Carol x

Ellibelle said...

What a beauty this is Pauline and such a fun stamp to work with! Love that there is a die to cut out the circle for dimension. The butterfly is so pretty too!
(Hopefully my second email went through now!! I just sent it again as both your emails somehow ended up in spam then I accidentally replied from the spam folder.)

Donna Walls said...

Fabulous CAS design, love the image and all the sparkle. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We hope you'll play again soon.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Di said...

Hi Pauline! These bubble cards are always such fun to make - more so now that Woodware have the two matching dies to cut more circles - thereby leaving more snippets of course. Yup, they actually make two dies now. Your card is so pretty - and they're great for a little bit of quiet crafting time.

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

A lovely glitzy bubble flower and the silver butterfly is a great embellishment. Super way to use up snippets.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. I’ll see you in the treehouse for refreshments tomorrow! Xxx

sentsue said...

What a fun flower! Thank you for sharing your work on the AAA Cards Challenge.

coldwaters2 said...

This is another wow from me Pauline I absolutely love Woodware stamps I have loads and this one is one of my favourites I love how you have used glitter card for the bubbles a super duper make
hugs
lolo x

Linby said...

So pretty and lovely colours. Great use of your snippets.

Uschi said...

What a stunning flower! Really a very nice birthday greeting card. I love the different glittery colors of the petals. And this special silver butterfly too. It really looks so delicate. Great making with that purple layer.
Thank you so much for participating in the Everybody Art Challenge.
Hugs Uschi

Kristin Sluhan said...

You captured the glitter and shimmer very well! Such a beautiful birthday card. I'm so glad you were able to join us today at AAA Cards, I hope to see more of your work in our gallery soon!
Kristin
AAA Cards DT

Pia S said...

What a fun flower card! I normally stay clear of flower stamps as I'm not too fond of coloring flowers with shading and all, but this one has such a fun and easy design! Love it!

Lisa Cuneo said...

So very pretty! The circles are such a creative way to create a flower, and your coloring on the leaves is so well done. Thank you for plalong at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge Blog!

Lisa Cuneo said...

So very pretty! The circles are such a creative way to create a flower, and your coloring on the leaves is so well done. Thank you for plalong at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge Blog!