Wednesday 25 October 2023

Vintage robin


Hi everyone, today I have the first card I made with this darling robin stamp, another of my most recent A&C sale purchases. I love robins and I already have a perfectly lovely robin stamp by Visible Image, but this vintage style image seemed particularly adorable for some reason so I just had to have it!


I stamped the robin and coloured with Distress watercolor pencils, then masked him and created the background with Distress inks smooshed and applied with acetate. I stamped the robin banner to “finish off” the branch so it wouldn’t be floating in mid air, then some script in the bottom corner and fern branches in 1st/2nd generation and various shades of green down the left side. I stamped the sentiment, then highlighted the robin and branches with white gel pen and applied some white Posca pen faux spatters. Finally I edged the panel with green ink then matted onto a dark green border and my card blank. I actually had a whoopsie on this card when edging with ink and got a smudge the right hand side - JUST managed to rescue it by trimming down by about half a centimetre, though my sentiment ended up rather near the edge of my inked panel! 

Stamps: AALL & Create #690 Robin & Nuthatch, #389 Pinecone (script); Lavinia Fern Branch; Visible Image Poinsettia Grunge (sentiment);
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Pencils (Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, Barn Door); Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Pinecone, Tulip Red, Shady Lane, Rainforest, Medieval Blue); gel pen (white); Posca pen (white).

Challenges I would like to enter: 

Farm Quest #38 - Feathers (2nd entry)
Festive Friday - Christmas (2nd entry)
The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #150 - Anything Christmas Goes (2nd entry)
Peace On Earth #50 - Anything Christmas Goes (2nd entry)
Rudolph Days (October) - Anything Christmas Goes
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes
Triple B (October) - Birds, Butterflies and/or Blooms (3rd entry)
We Love Stamping (October) - Mood Board (2nd entry)

Word Art Wednesday #619/620 Anything Goes 

Take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

14 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

A wonderful choice of stamp Pauline he is a little darling your colouring is top notch I love it thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping
hugs
lolo x

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

Pauline: This is gorgeous! I love seeing nature themed wintery cards for Christmas! And how you layered all those mixed media applications is masterful! Well done! Thanks for linking to FarmQuest's feathers theme! (P.S. I started a new challenge blog on October 7 called FarmQuest Country Christmas and this would work for that blog. You may also link up over there to increase your chances at bragging rights.) Would love to see your beautiful artistry shared there as well. --Becca

brenda said...

He is a sweet little fellow isn't he Pauline, I think lots have topped up on their A&C stamps recently and now 20% off store wide this week as well!

Please our Mood Board inspired you, lovely to see you at We Love Stamping challenge, thank for joining in.

B x

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a delightful image Pauline, and I love how you have coloured it - the overall feel of the card is of a cold winter's day - well done on the 'save' also
Thank you for sharing this with us at We Love Stamping, and using the theme
Blessings
Maxine WLS DT

Diane said...

Creatively beautiful card, love that birdie!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B and Peace On Earth!
Diane TB and POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

Sarn said...

A gorgeous Christmas card with that lovely robin xxx

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card,I love this Robin stamp and the fern branches down the side.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping
Carol GDT x

Ellibelle said...

Looks really beautiful Pauline. I've not ordered any of these 2 sets (yet), had to stop somewhere!! But hopefully it'll be on sale for a little longer so I can grab a few more sets (need to take a little break for crafty shopping at the moment as I spent waaayyy too much already!! That Lavinia pine branch is a really fabulous and useful stamp too and have put it on my wishlist as well :)

Darlene said...

Beautiful card and your coloring is awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth & Triple B challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the Robin Pauline and your beautiful card. I'm here with 2 hats on, so will say - Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

Barb Finnical said...

Pauline, this robin is beautiful! I love the distressed look. So perfect for Christmas! As guest designer over at Word Art Wednesday this month, I just wanted to stop over and say thank you for joining us this time!

Linby said...

I'm behind with the robins! I only just got the VI one after you used it last year and it was so lovely, and now this fab card makes me want the A&C one!

Whisper said...

Oooo absolutely gorgeous & it wouldn't be Christmas without a Robin, thanks for join us at Rudolph Days Challenge this month, luv Sam x

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card, I'm not surprised you had to have this robin, he's lovely and looks quite at home against his snowy effect background.
Avril xx