Monday 30 October 2023

Hallowe'en Colours


Hi everyone, October’s Visible Image FB ATC swap was on the theme of Hallowe'en Colours, so as usual I made an ATC and matching card for my swap partner using only VI stamps, stencils and/or dies. As I’ve previously mentioned I don’t really do Hallowe'en so I just went with the colours orange, purple and black. This time my swap partner is in Australia so she hasn’t yet received these, but as it is the end of the Hallowe’en season she agreed I could publish them here as she won’t be looking at my blog.


First the card:


I cut a piece of white stamping card then stamped and heat embossed the dragonfly. I created the background by blending Distress Oxide inks working outwards from light to dark, then added some background 2nd generation stamping in purple plus additional spatters and the sentiments in black. I finished by adding some Spectrum Noir sparkle pen to the dragonfly wings, and matted onto a black border and my card blank.

Stamps: Visible Image Dragonfly Dreams, Where Flowers Bloom (background and sentiments), Christmas Robin (spatters);
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, Wilted Violet); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Monarch); clear embossing powder; Spectrum Noir sparkle pen (clear).

Challenges I would like to enter:

Allsorts #752 - Embossing Heat or Dry
Crafty Gals’ Corner #248 - Hallowe’en Colours (2nd entry)
Get Creative #126Purple, Black, Green & Orange
Path of Positivity #116Anything Goes Positive - TOP PICK
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
We Love Stamping (October)Mood Board (3rd entry)
(I was inspired by the colour combo orange/purple/black)

Word Art Wednesday #619/620 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)

… and here's the ATC.


This followed the same method as the card on a smaller scale!! It's actually very similar to one I made a while ago specifically for someone who wanted a dragonfly ATC from me, but on that occasion as it wasn't for an organised swap I didn't make a card to go with it.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Crafting From the Heart #7Anything Goes (No cards)
Crafts Galore Encore #116 - Anything Goes
Outlawz (October) Anything Goes in a Card Free Zone (2nd entry)
Sisterhood of Crafters - Get Inky - TOP 3
Sweet StampinHallowe’en Colours - TOP 3

Thanks very much for visiting today.
Take care,
Hugs,

22 comments:

Linby said...

Beautiful vibrant colours and a great design.

Diane said...

Now I would say you really did get inky, these are amazing!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{The Sisterhood}

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and ATC love the inky background and beautiful stamps
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping
Carol GDT x

Ellibelle said...

Absolutely beautiful Pauline! Love these colors!
So great to see you at Allsorts challenge this week!

Lia said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. Beautiful autumn colours with a great dragonfly!
Lia DT TSOC

Wendy L said...

This looks fab, thanks for playing at MAWTT, xxx

Sarn said...

Your card and ATC are wonderfully vibrant in Halloween colours and the dragonfly stamp works so well. 👍xxx

brenda said...

A lovely intense background Pauline, perfect for our We Love Stamping mood board, thanks for sharing.

B x

Chris said...

Beautiful stamping and wonderful vibrant colours! Thank you for joining in at Sweet Stampin'
Chris
x

ScrappyHorses said...

What a gorgeous ATC in these striking colors! Beautiful background and the stamps are perfect!! So happy you shared with us at The Outlawz AG in a Card Free Zone! ~Katrina

ScrappyHorses said...

The card is just as lovely as the ATC! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Jules said...

Hi Pauline

What a fabulous card!
I can't say I like Halloween as a theme .. .. it really used to scare me as a child .. .. but I do love the colours very much and your mix looks amazing!
I love what you have created here!
Thank you for your lovely message on my blog, very much appreciated.
I hope all is well with you.

Love Jules xx

Dena J said...

Eye-catching color and beautiful stamped details. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A stunning piece of art Pauline, gorgeous rich colours.
Faith x

Mervi said...

Stunning and fabulous card!
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge and at Allsorts;-))m

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous card, love the vibrant colours with the black stamping.
Avril xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a beautiful creation Pauline. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Furrbster said...

This is absolutely stunning,

Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT,

Hugz Tinz

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous card and ATC combo, very welcome at Allsorts this week. Sarah

Pam Sparks said...

Beautiful blending and designs!

Cathie w said...

very nice, Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals challenges

Hi! I'm Shirley and said...

This ATC is awesome. Love this design. Thanks for sharing this with us at the Outlawz AG in a Card Free Zone Challenge.