Friday 6 January 2023

Snippets Galore!!


Hi everyone, hope you have all had a happy, healthy and peaceful Christmas and New Year, and that you're raring to go with a whole new year of crafting for 2023!

I was away for 12 days over the festive period and busy doing some Christmas prep in the few days before that, so today is the first day for 2 1/2 weeks I have had opportunity to sit down and craft.  I didn't need to do any, but I spotted over Christmas there is THE most amazing challenge going on over at the Snippets Playground, where the lovely Di and Sarn are teasing our creativity with the most incredible and generous prize imaginable! I always try to enter the Snippets challenge if I can, so no way was I going to miss participating in this one ... I'm just glad I've managed to find a crafty window just in time, so I can hand in my (last minute) homework, avoiding the excuse that it was eaten by the dog (naughty Dudley!) and thus narrowly escaping detention!! So to business ...


I tasked myself for this special Snippets Playground challenge to make a card ENTIRELY from snippets which is a bit unusual for me!! As I racked my brain for inspiration I hit upon the idea of making a card using die cut flowers and foliage, as that would give me the opportunity to use up quite a few small white card snippets. It also falls in quite neatly with the fact that a good friend is having quite a bit of dental work over the next few weeks, so I could make a card that will hopefully cheer her up.

I die cut my flowers and foliage from various snippets of white stamping card, then coloured them by painting with watered down Distress Oxide inks. I cut a larger snippet to 14cm square, blended Distress Oxides to give the impression of a hazy meadow and sky, then spattered with water to give a slightly mottled effect. I attached my flowers and foliage die cuts to the inked panel, and stamped my sentiment with Versafine Clair. I then cut out and attached a stitched frame using my new Hunkdory stitched square dies, from a large snippet of green linen cardstock that was left over from a 12" square sheet. Finally I matted the framed panel onto my card blank, added some gold Posca pen "spatter", and finished off with a die cut and a couple of punched butterflies .. again using a snippet of matt gold metallic card. I'm very pleased with the bright and cheerful way this card turned out ... here is an angled pic to show the shiny butterflies.


Stamps: Crafters Companion Sending Positivity (sentiment);
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Salty Ocean, Tumbled Glass, Twisted Citron, Bundled Sage, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, Kitsch Flamingo, Shaded Lilac, Frayed Burlap); Versafine Clair (Medieval Blue); Posca pen (metallic gold);
Tools: Floral dies - Amazon; Magnolia Doohickeys - Butterfly Dreams; Hunkdory Moonstone dies - Duo-Stitched Squares; X-Cut small butterfly punch.

Challenges I would like to enter:

(stitched frame dies + the largest yellow flower, pink flower and brightest green foliage dies)
Creatalicious #250 - Anything Goes with option Something New
Creative Inspirations (January) - Something Old, Something New
(something old = butterfly die and punches, something new as above)
Creative Knockouts #485 - Anything Goes
Make My Monday #191 - Something New
Simon Says (Monday) - Light Up the New Year
(I am hoping to light up my friend's cheerfulness by sending positive thoughts)
Simon Says (Wednesday) Something New
Snippets Playground #444 - Anything But Christmas
Use your Stuff #474 - Stitching, Faux or Real
Word Art Wednesday #577/578 - Anything Goes

That's all from me for today ... I'll be back tomorrow with my DT card for the first Allsorts Challenge of 2023. Take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

10 comments:

Sarn said...

A wonderfully colourful meadow full of flowers. Love your pretty die cut flowers and your new stitched squares.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground in time and for not getting Dudley in trouble!!! Still got a little bit of festive fayre left if you fancy a little treat! Happy New Year xxx

Kelly Schelske said...

What a gorgeous card Pauline!

Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts- good luck!

Di said...

Wowser Pauline - what a stunning card this is - absolutely beautiful.

Hugs

Di xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous card.
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
CRAFT Challenge Blog

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I love everything about this card Pauline, gorgeous colour mix, beautiful dies and a stunning butterfly. Love it all.
Faith x

Kerry Charles said...

What a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge. Kerry (DT)

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Amazing card Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday challenge

auw wat een supertoffe kaart, Leuk dat je meedoet bij Make My Monday challenge

Hugs

grtjs Claudia

DT Make My Monday challenge

Je kan mij nu ook vinden op You tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlT4Rs1DfAZU_GLcM7Kx1g
https://claudiaskaartjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativechristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/

Sheryl said...

Great use of diecuts Pauline.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx
Hi Pauline,

You've contacted us a few times regarding your win and we've also responded as many times.

Please check your spam inbox as I suspect you may find our responses there.

Love,

Jo

Just Peachy Stamping said...

My kind of card - it uses snippets of cardstock, which you've colored beautifully. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday challenge. I hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Sue

Haven_mom4 said...

I totally understand the lack of creative time with the holidays. If it wasn't for DT assignments I may not have ventured into the craft space at all. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us at Use Your Stuff