Saturday 14 January 2023

Allsorts Challenge #711


Good morning everyone, it’s Saturday again so it's time for another weekly Allsorts Challenge. This week Lorraine has chosen the theme and it is

*** Anything Goes with option Winter Blues ***

As mentioned last week, from now on we will still be publishing weekly challenges with prizes for each challenge, and a Top 5 will be announced every Friday at 6pm. However the prize winners will all be announced monthly starting on Friday 27 January.


This month’s prizes come from Oakwood DirectStamp AddictsSizzix and AALL and CreatePlease click on the links to visit their individual websites, and you can read more about them on our Patrons’ page.


Here's my card for this week.


This theme immediately made me think of Christmas, so I took the opportunity to make my first Christmas card of 2023. This also enabled me to have my first play with a gorgeous intricate die set I bought in December at the Crafter’s Companion shop, and, more importantly, my main Christmas present from my darling husband ❤️


Woo hoo!!! 😍 Mind you,  I hear you ask … what took me so long to get round to using it??? Well .. we were away over Christmas and New Year, so the wrapped box wasn’t taken with us as it is pretty heavy .. and when I got back I was very busy for a few days catching up with myself. I decided to wait til I had got time to look at everything properly, and this is the first result 😀. Early days yet but so far I’m very pleased … it certainly requires a lot less brute strength and elbow grease than my trusty old Cuttlebug …particularly for intricate dies.

I die cut my snowflake frame from pearlescent white card and a matching square of white stamping card. I then created a sponged Distress Oxide background with 3 colours of blue, and stamped a little forest of trees using various Lavinia stamps, different shades of Versafine Clair and 1st/2nd generation stamping, which I highlighted with Sakura Stardust pen. I stamped a Penny Black Christmas sentiment with Versamark and heat embossed with silver embossing powder, and added some white Posca pen spatter to represent falling snow. When the panel was dry I attached the snowflake frame, and then matted it onto a die cut stitched square cut from blue linen card stock. Finally I matted everything onto a card blank and added some silver sparkly gems to accent the snowflakes.

Here is an angled picture to capture the shiny silver of the sentiment + the sparkle.


Stamps: Lavinia Fairy Fir Tree (Small), Fairy Fir Tree 2 (Small), Fairy Fir Tree 2, Fir Tree 1, Christmas Tree Group, Red Pine (Small); sentiment - Penny Black "a wish..." (3502F);
Media: Distress Oxide inks (Stormy Sky, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire); Versafine Clair  (Twilight, Medieval Blue, Morning Mist, Nocturne); Versamark; detail silver embossing powder; Sakura Stardust pen (clear); Posca pen (white);
Tools: Crafter’s Companion die set - Falling Snow; Hunkydory Moonstone die - Duo-Stitched Squares;
Other: sparkly gems from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

ABC Christmas Challenge - A is for Anything Christmas
Little Red Wagon #687 - Baby It's Cold Outside! - FEATURED 
Make My Monday #191 - Something New (3rd entry)
Path of Positivity #108 - Anything Positive Goes with option Inspired By a Word Collage - TOP PICK and VOTER’S CHOICE
(I was inspired by the words in the example word collage …particularly “snowfall” and “sparkle”

Sparkles Christmas Challenge #144 - Sparkle and Glitter Accents - TOP 3
Stamping Sensations (January) - Add Some Sparkle (2nd entry)
Try It On Tuesday - In With the New - END OF YEAR SPOTLIGHT 2023
Word Art Wednesday #577/578 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)

Hope you can join us this week, and I look forward to seeing your entries. Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more fab inspiration from the rest of the team. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

24 comments:

brenda said...

I was admiring that die on the DT blog, it's a real beauty and works perfectly as you have uses it Pauline. Enjoy yout new toy.

B x

Linby said...

This is so lovely and the little added gems are a great touch. Glad you are liking your Gemini.
Thanks also for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping too.

Lisa said...

That is one gorgeous die cut wintery snow frame and it is gorgeous framing that scene too.

ScrappyHorses said...

Beautiful card with that gorgeous snowy die and perfect for our challenge at Path of Positivity! Thanks for sharing with us! ~Katrina

Kampin' Karen said...

Pauline, your card is so elegant. The die is beautiful and the way you did your trees is fantastic. Enjoy your Gemini. Thank you for entering your card at Pammie's Inky Pinkies and good luck to you.
Karen, DT

Ellibelle said...

It looks beautiful, Pauline. Glad you're having fun with your new crafty toy, it did a fabulous job cutting that intricate die. What a fun and useful gift!!

Dena J said...

That die is a stunner! And the perfect frame for your beautiful background.

Sarn said...

Such a pretty card with the "winter blues" theme at Allsorts. Glad you're having fun with your new toy. xxx

Mervi said...

Stunning card, beautiful snowflake frame with the fabulous scene. Congrats for your new Gem;-))m

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a beautiful intricate die Pauline, perfect to create this lovely frame around your pretty stamping.
Lorraine

Doni High said...

Gorgeous...love everything about it! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Bonnie Lynn said...

Gorgeous card!!! I can just imagine the snowflakes falling everywhere. Thank you for joining us this week at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Hope to see you again. Bonnie DT

Dora said...

Beaitiful christmas card. Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations

Donna Ellis said...

What a happy Christmas Present, Pauline! Your snowflake frame die looks like it is nestling your sentiment - a beautiful creation and so lovely! thanks for visiting my blog today!
hugs,
de

Heather said...

So pretty, Pauline, love your snowy border, and your sparkly sentiment is perfect for this wintry scene! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Kathyk said...

It would have been a pretty card with the blue/tree background but the addition of your snowflake frame elevates it to FAB-u-LOUS, Pauline

Kathyk

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Pauline, this is just fabulous, your background is gorgeous and love the snowflakes. Lucky you to have the Gemini, I still have the Cuttlebug hahaha.
Faith x

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card Pauline with such a beautiful sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K xx

pinky said...

Oh what an amazing present!! This card is so gorgeous. I love blues at Christmas especially with the white snowflakes.

Grenouille Greetings said...

Lots of lovely sparkle! Super frame and beautifully stamped trees on your inky background. Thank you for joining in with the challenge at Stamping Sensations with this delightful card. Hugs, Lesley

Carole J said...

A beautiful Christmas card, Pauline. Gorgeous winter blues and a fabulous snowflake die to frame your inky work. I have serious die cutting machine envy :)
Thank you for sharing your project at the Path of Positivity February challenge and thanks for showing the word collage that inspired you. x

Mrs.B said...

I'm a tad late with my commenting Pauline - but better late than never.
It's a fabulous card, love the snowflake frame and how lucky are you with the Gemini, I'm sure it will get plenty of use.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril x

Wendy said...

What a beautiful winter scene! I love how your snowflake overlay compliments the scene. Stunning! Thank you for sharing and playing along with ABC Christmas Challenge ~ Wendy

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is such a gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx