Saturday 7 January 2023

Allsorts Challenge #710


Good morning everyone, it's time for the first Allsorts Challenge for 2023. I hope you have all had a lovely Christmas and New Year, and that you're raring to go with some new challenges. This week Mervi has chosen the theme and it is

*** Something New ***

You could share a make for a "new" occasion such as New Home, New Baby, or if Santa has been kind you could have a play with your new stash!!

With the New Year we are making a few changes … From now on we will still be publishing weekly challenges with prizes for each challenge, and a Top 5 will be announced every Friday at 6pm. However the prize winners will now all be announced monthly - more details of our prize schedule and how it will work are on the Allsorts Challenge blog.


This month’s prizes come from Oakwood DirectStamp AddictsSizzix and AALL and Create. Please click on the links to visit their individual websites, and you can read more about them on our Patrons’ page.


I was away over Christmas and New Year, so I actually made this card before Santa had been to call .. and I decided to use some new stash I acquired in the Black Friday sale. Here is my card using a new Visible Image stencil “Butterfly Ink”, along with new background stamps and a sentiment from an older set which I believe I haven’t used before.


First I lined up the small butterfly stamp and stencil on my square of stamping card, then removed the stencil and stamped/heat embossed the butterfly stamp. I masked the butterfly and stamped the background, then applied Distress Oxides through the butterfly stencil. I stamped the motivational words on the wings and my main sentiment, then removed the mask and coloured the stamped butterfly with Sakura Stardust pens. 

Here is an angled pic to show the sparkly butterfly wings.


Stamps: Visible Image VI Minis #1 (butterfly), Where Flowers Bloom (background); Indigo Blu Sarah’s Choice (motivational words); Crafter’s Companion (sentiment);
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Charming Pink); Sakura Stardust pens (pink, jade green);
Tools: Visible Image stencil - Butterfly Ink

Challenges I would like to enter:

C.R.A.F.T. #663 - New (2nd entry)
Creatalicious #250 - Anything Goes with option Something New (2nd entry) - TOP 3
Make My Monday #191 - Something New (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Something New (2nd entry)
We Love Stamping (January) - Favourite Colours
(There are several colour combos I favour, but one is definitely pink + green)
Word Art Wednesday #577/578 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

Hope you can join us this week, and I look forward to seeing your entries. Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more fab inspiration from the rest of the team. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

20 comments:

Sarn said...

I completely agree with the sentiment in this lovely butterfly card. Great inking and stamping. Xxx

brenda said...

This is right up my street Pauline and I going to make a stab at Picked Raspberry and Cracked Pistachio? Many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping January challenges.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful card with a gorgeous colour combo Pauline.
Lorraine

Mervi said...

Fabulous card to start this new year, lovely soft colours and hope!
Thanks for sharing it also at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I LOVE this, the colour mix, gorgeous. The stamp and the beautiful sentiment. WOW!
Faith x

Ellibelle said...

Beautiful work, Pauline! Love these colors and what an amazing butterfly stencil!

Linby said...

Beautifully done and the colours are wonderful together. The sparkle on the butterfly is lovely too.

Sheryl said...

A beautiful card.
Thank again for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

It's me again, just confirming that I love your card, with my DT hat on. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

Ellibelle said...

I'm back again :)
So nice to see you linked up at my Crafty Wednesday challenge too! Always love seeing your beautiful creations there!!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Loving the pink and aqua colour palette, your stencilling and of course that wonderfully sparkly butterfly! Thank you for joining in the fun with us at Stamping Sensations this month. Happy New Year! Hugs, Lesley

coldwaters2 said...

Fantastic creation Pauline love your new crafting goodies you have made an excellent card can I also thank you for the festive card I received I will be keeping it for next year as it did not arrive until after the festive period
hugs
lolo x

Dena J said...

This is stunning, Pauline! Just love the colors and the image. Beautiful card!

Debbie Mageed said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! The butterfly is amazing. Thank you for playing with us at the MMM Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
Debbie
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Brenda said...

Pauline, this is a really creative, really beautiful card. I especially love the colors you have chosen. Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge! Hope to see you again soon!

Darlene said...

Oh Pauline, this is just BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Pia S said...

Beautiful colors and styles and sizes of butterflies!

Lisa said...

I love the stunning colors on that butterfly. Super gorgeous stamping and layering to go with it too.

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Pauline, must admit I'm tempted with this stencil, it makes a great background for your sparkly butterfly.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
Avril x

Carole J said...

Pauline, your butterfly card is stunning! I love the design and the colours you chose. Very beautiful work.
Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” January Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations