Sunday 22 January 2023

Art From the Heart


Hi everyone, today I would like to share a pair of ATC's which came about almost by accident .... I had been trying to do some brayering with Tumbled Glass and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide inks for a card (which didn't work out very well, but that's another story!). I had the foresight though to use a tip from my friend Sarn ... and instead of "running off" the excess ink onto thin copier paper as I had always done before, I used a large snippet of stamping card. After I gave up on my first project I looked at the brayered leftovers and decided I could make something with it ... and here's the result. I called this set "Art From the Heart". 


I cut my brayered snippet into two pieces, each 3.25" x 2.25", and spattered them with water to introduce a more mottled ink effect.  I used Versafine Clair to stamp a flower onto each one (both from the same Woodware set), then some background grungy text with 2nd generation stamping, then my hearts. I stamped the word "ART" onto each ATC with Versamark and heat embossed with detail white embossing powder, then I edged the finished pieces with dark blue marker pen, and matted onto standard ATC size pieces cut from a small snippet of pearlescent blue linen card stock.

Here is a closer view of each ATC.

1/2

2/2

Stamps: Woodware Mini Flower Silhouettes, Blooming, Additions; ART wording - Indigo Blu “Sarah's Choice”;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Tumbled Glass, Mowed Lawn); Versafine Clair (Twilight, Warm Breeze); Versamark, white detail embossing powder.

Challenges I would like to enter:

ATC’s Around the World #97 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Classic Design Challenge (January) Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Creative Crafters #60 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
DL.Art (January) - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Paper a la Mode (January) - Let’s Get Started (Not a Card) (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Fabulous Flowers (3rd entry)
Snippets Playground #446 - Anything Goes With Snippets
Three Room Studio #95 - Anything Goes
We Love Stamping (January) - Favourite Colours (3rd entry)
(I love the combination of blue and green as it makes me think of grass and sky)
Word Art Wednesday #579/580 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)

I have hardly made any ATC's over the past couple of months due to Christmas preparations and the postal strikes, so I'm hoping to get back into my stride now for 2023 - notwithstanding the latest Royal Mail cyber attack which seems to have severely disrupted international mail from the UK for the time being .. let's hope it's all soon resolved!

Take care, and thanks for visiting my blog today.
Hugs,

15 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

These are beautiful Pauline love the stamps and colours
hugs
lolo x

brenda said...

Thanks for sharing your pretty ATC's with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

B x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning result Pauline, love the colour mix and the lovely stamps.
Faith x

Sarn said...

Two gorgeous floral ATCs from your lovely run off sheets. Thanks for the shout-out . . . pleased to have helped!

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. There’s a hot chocolate with your name on it up in the Treehouse xxx

Karen Letchworth said...

What a stunning card set, Pauline. Thanks again for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. I really do appreciate it - ALL the time.

By the way, I just became your newest "Followe". I don't know if you're following me yet, but if not, i would really appreciate it a lot. You can find me here:
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Blessings,
karen

Di said...

Lovely ATCs Pauline - loving those adorable stamps you used and the pretty green and blue. Nature got its colour scheme right!

Hugs

Di xx

Ellibelle said...

These are beautiful and what a great way to save the extra ink from going to waste. Sarn always has the best tips! I rarely use my brayer because I'm not good with it, but will definitely remember to brayer off on a cardstock snippet instead of copy paper when I do get it out!

Dr Sonia S V said...

This has turned out sooo artistic and so your caption "ART" is perfect Pauline
Cheers, Dr Sonia

Sandra Wright. said...

Awesome Atcs...love the background.x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous stamping and colours
Lorraine x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Two really gorgeous creations Pauline. Awesome colouring and stamp work. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creations with us at We Love Stamping.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Conny said...

Really wonderful ATCs! Love the colours!
Thanks for joining us at ATC Around The World!

Hugs,
Conny

ScrappyHorses said...

What wonderful ATC's! The backgrounds are gorgeous...so full of texture and beautiful color! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Paper à la Mode! ~Katrina

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creations! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

Ilonka said...

Such a beautiful card, Thanks for sharing it with us at The Creative Crafters Challenge.
Hugs Ilonka DT