Thursday 19 January 2023

Scribble Flowers


Good morning everyone,

I needed to make an ATC and matching card for this month’s ATC swap over in the Visible Image group on Facebook, so I thought I would kill two birds with one stone, and use it as my Snippets Playground homework assignment! This fortnight is Snippets Playground’s 11th Blogoversary, so Di and Sarn have got another special challenge going on with another awesome prize of a £50 gift voucher for a craft store of the winner’s choice … wow!! If I'm lucky enough to win that I think I'll be looping the loop on the Treehouse swings after downing the contents of Sarn's Secret Stash of Moonshine in the Speakeasy  Tree House!!

ATC’s are always a good way to use up smaller snippets, and when making a matching card for a themed swap I try to ensure I can find a larger matching snippet of coloured card to use for matting.

Bearing in mind that the theme for this ATC swap is three of something, I decided on my stamps, and then assembled some snippets of white card for the ATC, plus coloured snippets for both ATC and card (the pink and orange cardstock were originally 12” x 12” sheets).


Here is the finished ATC - three flowers, 3 different stamps (flower, scribble, wording) and three colours. I did actually use both white snippets on this one as I used one of them for testing my colouring media!🤣🤣


I cut my smallest snippet of white card to 3.25 x 2.25 inches, and stamped my focal flower three times “off the edge”. I then masked the flowers and stamped the scribble in pink, orange and yellow ink. I removed the masks and coloured the flowers using my new Distress Watercolor Pencils (pink and yellow) and Distress Oxide ink (orange). For all three I picked up the colour with a water brush … the pencils give a really vibrant colour, and I think I really need more than the one set I currently own!! (I have also ordered a special sharpener so that I can hopefully get a point for fine colouring, and save the shavings in a watercolour palette!) I stamped the wording, then edged the finished panel with black marker before matting onto pieces cut from small snippets of orange and pink card to make a standard size ATC. I finished off with a couple of bright pink heart gems and Glossy Accents on the flower centres.

Stamps: Visible Image - Where Flowers Bloom;
Media: Distress Watercolor Pencils (Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade, Black Soot); Distress Oxide inks (Ripe Persimmon, Squeezed Lemonade); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Charming Pink, Summertime); Glossy Accents.

Challenges I would like to enter:

As You Like It - Favourite Reason to Craft (and why)
(I love making ATC’s as I love the challenge of working with such a small space, and I also love making generic cards that can be used to enclose ATC’s, as there are no constraints eg. on sentiments).
DL.Art (January) - Anything Goes
Paper a la Mode (January) - Let’s Get Started (Not a Card)
Snippets Playground #445 - Show Us Your Snippets!!

Here is the matching card - it uses all the same techniques and supplies as the ATC and my larger snippets of orange and pink card stock,  with the addition of some yellow card matting (not a snippet!).


... and an angled picture to show the Glossy Accents on the flower centres.


Challenges I would like to enter:

Daring Cardmakers - New Year, New Crafty Things
(New stamps and Distress Watercolor Pencils)
Love to Craft #172 - Anything Goes - TOP PICK
NBUS #46  - Use Your Never Before Used Schtuff
(Stamps, Distress Watercolor Pencils)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Fabulous Flowers
Sisterhood of Crafters - Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin’ - New (2nd entry)
Try It On Tuesday - In With the New (2nd entry)
We Love Stamping (January) - Favourite Colours (2nd entry)
(I love bright pink and orange together)

Thanks very much for visiting my blog today - take care.
Hugs,

20 comments:

brenda said...

Lots of summery colours going on here Pauline, nice reminder of warmer day.

B x

ScrappyHorses said...

Your ATC is so full of fun, bright color! There's something so fun about pink and orange together!! Great flowers and scribbles! Thanks for starting our year with some happy at Paper à la Mode! ~Katrina

Ellibelle said...

It's beautiful, Pauline! Love the colors!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Pauline what wonderful colours, such a happy and beautiful card AND ATC. Love the background and the words. Super work.
Faith x

Miri said...

Lovely new stamps and I love it how bright and cheerful your cards are! Thanks for sharing them with the Daring Cardmakers this week.

Darnell said...

Speakeasy, whee, I'm in!!🍸 I'll bring my famous shrimp dip and chips! You did a great post explaining your snippets and process for your pretty floral ATC and card, Pauline! Good luck in the draw and thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Here I am again, with my DT hat on, to repeat my comment of a happy and beautiful card Pauline. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

Darlene said...

OH Pauline, this is so, so pretty! Fabulous design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

DIANA L. said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

This is really a super fun!! I love it.
Thank you for entering the DL.ART January 2023 Linky challenge and/or The DL.ART Thankful Thursday #314 Challenge
Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Linby said...

Love this colour combo and that you carried it through to the matting.

Sarn said...

Hi Pauline

Thank you for coming to play in the Snippets Playground with your lovely ATC Homework (all good things come in small packages!).

Once you've finished playing tag in the playground, come and find the usual suspects up in the Playground Treehouse and join us for a nice hot chocolate - or some of my moonshine! - your choice (but the moonshine is quite strong, so be warned!) xxx

HilaryJane said...

Your bright pink and orange look fabulous and what great use of your snippets. Love the idea of making a matching ATC. thanks for sharing your favourite colours with us at we love stamping this month xx

pinky said...

So so pretty, the colours you have used are just so bright and uplifting Pauline. Love these!

Di said...

Gorgeous and such a colourful ATC Pauline! Lovely work.

Hugs

Di xxx

Ilonka said...

I love you're creation, thanks for sharing it with us at the Paper a la mode challenge blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT

Conny said...

Really wonderful and colourful ATC!
Thanks for joining us at ATC around the world!

Hugs,
Conny

Dawn said...

Very beautiful. I love all the different elements you have used on your card. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous card, love the vibrant colours which look great on the scribble background.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril x

Larissa said...

Love the bright colours you used. I really want to get more into making atc's. So perfect for the many smaller stamps I have. Thanks so much for joining us at the As you like it challenge.
Hugs,
Larissa

valscraftings said...

A beautiful ATC!

Thank you for joining us at PAM Challenges!
Val - DT