Sunday 25 December 2022

Merry Christmas Everyone!


Merry Christmas everyone! Today I would like to share the Christmas card I made for my husband, which I never publish ahead of him opening it on Christmas Day.


This card is quite similar to a few others I have made this year though it is bigger (8" x 8") ... a sparkly Christmas scene. I have deliberately incorporated both Santa's sleigh and a squirrel ... my husband loves wildlife generally and adores squirrels!

I cut a large square of stamping card and created my background with Distress Oxide inks and circle and hill masks. I then stamped the trees, background script and Santa sleigh using a variety of shades of ink and 1st/2nd generation stamping, and stamped the squirrel  building up the colour gradually with different inks on my stamping platform. I added a little fence and gate for a bit more interest, then highlighted everything with my Sakura Stardust pen, and the snow banks with holographic glitter and my Spectrum Noir glitter brush pen. I matted the finished panel onto glitter card and an old LotV paper, then added my stamped sentiment panels plus a teeny gem. Finally I added my Posca pen "snowflakes" ... it ended up snowing a bit more heavily than I anticipated!!  Here is an angled pic to show the sparkle!


I also stamped the inside of the card, to make it a bit more special for him!


... and the envelope ...



Stamps: Lavinia Fairy Fir Tree 2, Fairy Fir Tree (Small), Red Pine (Small), Christmas Tree Group, Red Squirrel, Cedar (cone), Gate and Fence, Winter Magic; Visible Image Christmas Eve (sleigh, stars, moon), Uniko Christmas Wishes (sentiment); Me to You (husband sentiment);
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Twilight, Medieval Blue, Morning Mist, Pinecone); Versafine (Vintage Sepia);  Spectrum Noir Harmony die ink  (Bordeaux); Sakura Stardust pen (clear); Spectrum Noir glitter brush pen (clear); Posca pen (white);
Papers: LotV.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Christmas Crafts All Year Round (December) - Waiting for Santa - TOP PICK
Festive Fridays - Christmas
The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #130 - Anything Christmas Goes (2nd entry)
Lost Coast Portal to Creativity #157 - Something Seasonal (6th entry)
Sheepski #69 - ‘Tis the Season (3rd entry)
Simon Says (Monday) - Party Time (3rd entry) - DESIGNER SPOTLIGHT
Sparkles #143 - Non-Traditional Christmas Colours (2nd entry)
Use Your Stuff #473 - Anything Goes - Christmas Edition
Word Art Wednesday #575/576 - Anything Goes (4th entry)

I'd like to finish by wishing all my visitors a happy, healthy and peaceful Christmas and New Year, and to say thank you for your visits and kind comments during the year.  

This is my last card for 2022 - I'm taking a little time away from blogging for the festive season, but I hope to be back for a whole new year of blogging challenges in January.
Hugs,

15 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning work as always Pauline, I'm sure hubby was thrilled with his special card.
Happy Christmas
Faith x

Anne Fenton said...

Wow your card is amazing!!! Thank you for joining the Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge.

Wendy L said...

So beautiful, great inking and blending, love it, xxx

Ellibelle said...

Such great work with the Lavinia stamps! The scene is absolutely beautiful!

Laurie said...

So well done. Love the stamps you used and how you used them all. It has a perfect wintery feeling to it. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

Heather said...

Gorgeous, Pauline, such a painterly quality to this card! Love the sparkly edges, too, what a beautiful detail! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Deanne Saunders said...

Wow! Gorgeous card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Haven_mom4 said...

The text on the moon adds so much interest to the background. Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff

Lisa said...

Absolutely adorable scene, great images and wonderful coloring. I love all the layering and how you also added to the inside of the card and envelope. Great touches to this card. I hope you have a wonderful 2023. Looking forward to seeing what you share in the New Year.

Lorraine said...

What a gorgeous card, I love the scene you've created.
I hope you had a lovely Christmas and wish you all the best for a happy, healthy and crafty 2023
Lorraine x

Sarn said...

What a stunning Christmas card for your hubby. It’s really magical.

Happy new year to you. Xxx

Sari / Granne said...

Such a beautiful card, outside and inside, love the scene you have created with a touch of sparkle and even a matching envelope. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Sheepski Designs and best of luck with your entry.
Granne DT for https://sheepski-designs-challenges.blogspot.com/

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Happy New Year Pauline!
A lovely festive and frosty card for hubby - beautiful stamping and design too.
Lorraine

parm said...

good

parm said...

Good


Knowledge