Saturday 17 December 2022

Allsorts Challenge #707


Hi everyone, this week it's my turn to host and choose the theme for the new Allsorts Challenge, which is

*** Anything Goes with option O Christmas Tree! ***

If you are lucky enough to have completed your Christmas makes you can go with the A/G option, or if like me you are still making a few last minute cards I hope you will be inspired to join us!

This week we have 2 lovely Christmassy prizes that have been donated by one of our regular entrants (who wishes to remain anonymous) - so a big thankyou from the team! They are this beautiful stamp set and cute Woodware stamp.


Here's my card for this week - it is the special A5 Christmas card I made for my husband’s aunt. 


I’m still enjoying making snowy scenes with my various Lavinia fir tree stamps, and now I also have a Visible Image Santa’s sleigh and reindeer I’m all set to create the sky on Christmas Eve!

I cut a rectangle of stamping card and created my background by blending Distress Oxide inks through a large oval stencil while using masks for the moon and hills. I stamped trees within the oval using a reverse oval mask, and a mixture of 1st/2nd generation stamping; then stamped further trees and branches to frame the scene, and the Santa sleigh. I highlighted everything with my Sakura Stardust pen and Spectrum Noir glitter brush pen, then stamped two lanterns and created a halo of light round each one with a yellow Posca sparkle pen.  Finally I stamped my sentiment, edged the finished piece with black and matted onto purple glitter card and my card blank before adding my Posca pen “snowflakes”.   

Here’s an angled pic which attempts to show the sparkle (it is VERY sparkly!!)


I also stamped the envelope to co-ordinate using some of the same stamps plus additional stars and moon from the Visible Image set.


... and the back ...


Stamps: Lavinia Christmas Tree Group, Fir Tree 1, Red Pine (Small), Fairy Fir Tree (Small), Fern Branch, Small Lanterns, Bird Collection; Visible Image Christmas Eve (sleigh, stars, moon); Uniko Christmas Wishes (sentiment);
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserve, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire, Stormy Sky); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Twilight, Morning Mist, Medieval Blue); Posca pen (white); Posca sparkle pen (yellow), Sakura Stardust pen (clear); Spectrum Noir glitter brush pen (clear).
Tools: Press to Impress oval stencil, Lavinia moon mask.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Alphabet Challenge - S is for Snow - TOP 3
As You Like It - Anything Goes for Christmas
Country View Challenges (December) - Christmas (5th entry)
Scribbles #115 - Not a Creature Was Stirring …
Lost Coast Portal to Creativity #157 - Something Seasonal (5th entry)
Sheepski #69 -Tis the Season (2nd entry)
Stamping Sensations (December) - Anything Stamped with option Winter Wonderland  (3rd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #573/574 - Anything Goes (5th entry)

Hope you can join us this week, and I look forward to seeing your entries. Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more fab inspiration from the rest of the team. I'll be back on the Allsorts challenge blog on Friday with my winner and top 5! Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

20 comments:

Sarn said...

A beautiful snowy landscape for this Christmas card. Wonderful inking xxx

Lisa said...

That is a fantastic tree branch to help set a scene of Santa flying with his reindeer. I love the coloring on the scene too.

Linby said...

A really beautiful magical scene.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! What a beautiful card with fabulous colours and a wonderful and pretty scene Pauline. Love your envelope too.
Faith x

Laurie said...

This is just wonderful. I almost feel like I'm looking at a snow globe! Lovely coloring and love how you have stamped the trees and Santa and his sleigh. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

Kathyk said...

Such a delightfully inky seasonal make

Merry Christmas

Kathyk

Dena J said...

A beautifully designed and stamped winter scene! Happy holidays.

Mervi said...

Gorgeous snowy scene, like in here!
Beautiful card and colours;-))m

Rainey's Craft Room said...

You really are the master of these gorgeous stamped scenes Pauline, lovely colours in the night sky and beautiful finishing touches too.
Lorraine

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautiful scene you created here! Love your snow covered trees and fabulous blending!

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Pauline and I love how you've framed that snowy scene.
Avril x

brenda said...

Here eventually Pauline, a super Christmas card and great theme for December, thank you.

B x

Darlene said...

Oh Pauline what an absolutely BEAUTIFUL scene you have created! Love the dimension you have achieved in your stamping and love the coordinating envelope too ... I never think to do that ... thanks for inspiration! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Lorraine said...

Another gorgeous scene Pauline, I do love your stamping style.
Lorraine x

Dora said...

What a pretty scene. Thank you for joining at stamping sensations

Grenouille Greetings said...

It's another beauty, Pauline! A cracking creation! Thank you for playing along with the team at Stamping Sensations again this month with this lovely card! Happy Holidays! Hugs, Lesley

Helen said...

Beautiful design Pauline - love the scene you've created.

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog.

Helen x
DT

rachel said...

Another beautiful card - thanks for entering our Christmas Challenge at Countryview Challenges and good luck in the draw! Hugs rachel x

Sarah said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful card with us at As You Like It, such a wonderful festive scene. Sarah DT

NickScrapShack said...

This is a beautiful card. I love the way you combined the images. You have merge them so well. Love it! Thank you for playing along with us at SCRIBBLERS DESIGN. Best of luck with your entry and hope to see you back soon again. Nick DT