Friday 9 December 2022

Christmas Card Day


Good morning everyone. I discovered this week that today (December 9th) is Christmas Card Day … who knew?? Armed with that knowledge I just HAD to post a Christmas card today … it would be rude not to!! 🤣🤣


I created a Lavinia Christmas snowy scene with a mixture of old and new stamps, specifically so that I could practice colouring my squirrel! I'm not really there yet, but practice will hopefully make perfect in the long run!!

I created my landscape with Distress Oxides, hill and circle masks, then stamped my trees, moon wording and sentiment using various shades of Versafine Clair, and 1st/2nd/3rd generation stamping. I stamped my squirrel several times, building up the colour and then coloured his face and tummy with white Posca pen. As always I added a lot of sparkle - this time I edged the snowy hills with Quickie glue pen and holographic glitter (VERY sparkly!!) , and I highlighted the trees with Sakura Stardust pen. I also added a sparkly colour wash to the snow with my new Spectrum Noir glitter brush pen, and drew some tufts of grass with a fine liner pen.  I finished off with some white Posca pen snow spatters before edging the finished piece with black marker pen and matting onto silver mirror card and my card blank.


Stamps: Lavinia Red Squirrel, Red Pine (Small), Fairy Fir Tree 2, Fairy Fir Tree (Small), Christmas Tree Group, Skeleton Tree Scene, Cedar, Winter Magic; sentiment - Piink Gem Designs;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Stormy Sky, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Twilight, Pinecone, Morning Mist); Versafine (Vintage Sepia); Spectrum  Noir Harmony die ink (Bordeaux); Sakura Stardust pen (clear); Spectrum Noir glitter brush pen (clear); Posca pen (white).

Challenges I would like to enter:

As You Like It - Anything Goes for Christmas
Country View Challenges (December) - Christmas (3rd entry)
Creative Knockouts #482 - Snow Much Fun
Day of the Month Card Club #46 - Christmas Card Day - WINNER
Lost Coast Portal to Creativity #157 - Something Seasonal (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Monday) - Holiday Cheer (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Add Some Sparkle
Stamping Sensations (December) - Anything Stamped with option Winter Wonderland
Try It On Tuesday - Winter Wonderland - TOP 5

I’m finally starting to see the end in sight now for my Christmas card makes … I’ve posted all that require posting, and just need to make my husband’s card and some batch makes for the neighbours and husband’s workmates. Just need to finish off my Christmas shopping now!! 

Thanks for taking the time to visit today.
Hugs,

18 comments:

brenda said...

Didn't know that either Pauline. Another really sweet Winter scene and of course the requisite sparkle, thanks so much for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Sarn said...

Wow, you’ve done it again . . . ANOTHER stunning scene with Lavinia stamps. Brrrrilliant!!! Xxx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous wintery scene, love teh squirrel.
Lorraine x

My name is Erika. said...

This is beautiful Pauline. I love how you made the squirrel the star of the show! Thanks for sharing with us at Try It On Tuesday. hugs-Erika

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love your squirrel Pauline and your gorgeous background, such beautiful work.
Faith x

Ginny Maxam said...

Such a beautiful card! I hope this goes in a frame! Thank you for entering the Word Art Wednesday Challenge. Ginny M, DT

Meggymay said...

A magical winter scene and wonderland. Thank you for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

Linby said...

wow! This is stunning, love the squirrel.

Anke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly Schelske said...

What an amazing scene you've created Pauline, gorgeous!

Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts- good luck!

Laurie said...

This is really beautiful. Your winter background is just perfect and love the little squirrel. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

Mrs.B said...

It's a fabulous winter's scene and the squirrel looks so cute.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
Avril x

Izzy Scrap said...

Beautiful card ! Love the lovely winter scene you’ve created. This squirrel is so gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at the Day of the Month Card Club.

rachel said...

A lovely card - such a gorgeous composition! thanks for entering our Christmas Challenge at Countryview Challenges and good luck in the draw! Hugs rachel x

Diana Moriel said...

What a beautiful winter and Christmas scene, lovely card

Nunzia Carusio said...

That is amazing! Happy New Year!

Brenda said...

What an amazing scene you have created for your cute squirrel. Thanks so much for joining us over at As You Like It Challenge for our anything goes challenge! Hope youʻll join us again!

papierelle said...

Congratulations! You won the challenge at DotMCC. Please check out our challenge blog and get in touch with us!!